Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine caring when Shadowlands is coming
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    mage tower was only repeatable if you failed
    and every non tank/healer challenge was easy
    Outlaw rogues would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Outlaw rogues would like to have a word with you.
    I stand by my point. Outlaw rogue had agatha, you had more than enough cleave to keep imps down all the time. Outlaw wasn't even the most difficult rogue one, that was sub.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh, I've read it and my post is on point. But I guess this is all you have to say when faced with the harsh truth. Yikes.
    No, not quite, I'm once again FINE WITH ANY GRIND in wow as its part of the game. I just find it stupid and horrendous that this LATE things are still gated.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    "Gated"
    Yes, essences are still gated behind content. Princess Peach is gated behind defeating Bowser, my paycheck is gated behind working, a functional metabolism is gated behind getting some sunbeams.

That's the game, Grinds of Warcraft.

If you are annoyed, avoid Shadowlands. Much stuff will be gated behind other stuff that you probably won't like either.
    World of grindcraft sounds better

"Gated"
    Yes, essences are still gated behind content. Princess Peach is gated behind defeating Bowser, my paycheck is gated behind working, a functional metabolism is gated behind getting some sunbeams.

If you are annoyed, avoid Shadowlands. Much stuff will be gated behind other stuff that you probably won't like either.
    What a dumb take.

Since it's a game, "the game being an enjoyable experience" has no reason to be gated behind anything. Corruption and essences are a monumentally terrible system whose sole existence ruins the PvP experience, even if you don't want to touch that garbage.

A game system so bad that its impending removal will improve the game ten fold is quite something.
    Last edited by clownpenisfart; 2020-07-31 at 02:18 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    What a dumb take.
    1 - PvP is ruined the moment it isn't hardlocked into standarized stats with zero influence of gear.
    2 - Just because you don't understand the take it doesn't mean it's dumb. If you can't deal with playing the game to get a reward, it means you are playing a shitty game.

Go play something else.

Wink

1 - PvP is ruined the moment it isn't hardlocked into standarized stats with zero influence of gear.
    No. There's a difference of magnitude between imperfect and broken. You are not a computer. Things are not binary.

2 - Just because you don't understand the take it doesn't mean it's dumb. If you can't deal with playing the game to get a reward, it means you are playing a shitty game.
    The game I want to play is wow PvP, which at it's core is a good game, mostly when the designers leave it alone. I don't want to play wow pve, which is a bad and boring game. Putting crap obtainable through pve that renders PvP dysfunctional if you don't have it is NOT a reward. That's what you don't understand.

And the reason your take is dumb as hell is those false comparisons between working and playing a game. The former is done out of necessity. The later should be enjoyable and any take unironically saying that to obtain things in a game you should "work hard for it", as opposed to enjoying yourself (which is the reason you play games in the first place), is a dumb take.

You are dumb for establishing a parallel between working and playing and not understanding the difference between those two activities. I don't know what to tell you. Please dont bother responding any further until you understand why playing a game and working hard for something are two different things.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game I want to play is wow PvP
    That's on you for ignoring the rest of the game in favor of a fraction of it. You can do it, don't expect to be specifically catered to.

Calling shit "gated" behind other stuff is manipulative. They are all just rewards, otherwise that hippopotamus PvP mount is gated behind PvP for me, which is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    no sorry, this rant has nothing to do with what I said, please refrain from posting nonsense
    I just wanted to say, that if content becomes way too hard for you, so you stop enjoying it, i.e. Blizzard just push you out of it - then just stop caring about it. If you don't want to grind essences - just get some base 3rd level ones and then just buy them on alts. Period. If you think, that you need them to push some Mythic+/Mythic raids - then just stop caring about them. Life would be easier. If you don't have any other content to do - then just quit this game and find another. Not MMO, but something more fun. There are plenty of games on Steam. If Blizzard don't want players to care about their content, then it's their problems.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Gated"

A+ post. Wish I could upvote it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Calling shit "gated" behind other stuff is manipulative. They are all just rewards, otherwise that hippopotamus PvP mount is gated behind PvP for me, which is asinine.
    Mounts don't impact the gameplay. How can you be so dense?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts don't impact the gameplay.
    It is irrelevant. They are still rewards from doing content, like essences.

If you want the power-up, beat the challenge imposed by the game. If you somehow can't, you aren't playing at a level that needs such reward anyway.

It is irrelevant. They are still rewards from doing content, like essences.
    No. You don't need vanity mounts to play the game, but you need essences, so that's a false equivalency. About the third one you've used so far during this annoying exchange. False equivalencies are a waste of everyone's time. I think talking with a loaf of bread would be more interesting than talking with you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Here's two things that bother me;

Essences still gated behind their content ( both pvp en pve ) and the current powercreep levels.

Its so incredibly blunt, daft and stupid that CORRUPTION brings.
    Getting rekt in pvp while grinding 30k honor for an essence that is bis in pve.

Some probably say, 30k ez, git gud and whatever else the new generation says.

But the real issue is the painful, horrendous grind. I've literally spent 1 hour and a half in bgs for 1.7k ( !! ) honor as alliance lost 3 matches in a row. Its so hidious that ive really considered to unsub ( which would result in a day or 2 as this is my source of... relaxation ( I know right, contradiction ) but as of now theres nothing that is enjoyable outside pve ( im not much of a pvp player, i do read guides and all though, so its not a rant without effortable actions in learning curve

EDIT: since small minded people appear to see this as whine/complain thread;
    No, I don't mind the grind, it's the retarded balance in PVP thanks to CORRUPTION which, currently, make it absolutely horrendous, it's incredibly slow paced compared to rep gate grind.
    1 hour and a half?

Omg, you poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If you object to the system, unsub and let them know.

That's the only currency you have, as a consumer.

If you complain but keep playing, that's exactly the same as telling them "keep going, I'm fine with this."
    Sadly alot of people don't go this advice root.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. You don't need vanity mounts to play the game, but you need essences
    You don't need the BiS essences to play the game either, yet here you are, resorting to insults instead of having a regular conversation.

10+ Year Old Account

I know right? Makes me look equal to the new generation right ?
    Not the exact same words i would use, but sure lets stick to that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No. You don't need vanity mounts to play the game, but you need essences, so that's a false equivalency. About the third one you've used so far during this annoying exchange. False equivalencies are a waste of everyone's time. I think talking with a loaf of bread would be more interesting than talking with you.
    You dont NEED essences to play the game. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    I stand by my point. Outlaw rogue had agatha, you had more than enough cleave to keep imps down all the time. Outlaw wasn't even the most difficult rogue one, that was sub.
    Negative. You must either be new or didn't try doing tower until severely outgearing the challenge.

MMOC did an unofficial break down of completion and the bottom was tanks (sans guardian) and outlaw rogues all below Guardian and then the rest of the specs.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...DLC-584?page=2

Outlaw cleave was not a thing, you still needed to focus down specific imps.

The sin challenge was a joke. The sub one almost equally so as it only required positioning.

Agatha was a joke to most other classes. Namely feral (lol) and ele (which with proper legendaries could just stand and burn.

All I'm saying is that of all DPS specs, outlaw was right there struggling with (if not more than) most tanks/healers. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.