Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hard to say as the 3 villains were amazing. All did very well and tested Batmans limit but would have to say Joker. The portrayal of him was phenomenal and how he toyed with Batman repeatedly and tested his sanity was very well done.

Reading through the thread reminded me that all three movies had good villains which is fairly rare in superhero flicks, but c'mon. In terms of writing, costume design, acting, cultural impact, and even sheer meme potential Ledger's Joker is just unbeatable at this game.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Alfred Pennyworth.

He tricks Bruce Wayne into leaving everything to Alfred in his will, then Bruce takes off to find himself for 7 years. Alfred has Bruce declared dead, and Alfred now owns everything. Unfortunately, Bruce comes back. Alfred then pushes him confront the Joker with a speech about how some people just want to watch the world burn, hoping Bruce dies so he can reclaim the Wayne fortune. When that doesn't work, he convinces Bruce to become a total recluse for years so that Alfred can effectively run the estate as the owner. Then Bane shows up and Alfred is forced to try to talk him into being a recluse again or else he'd lose control of everything. When that fails, he plants some seed story in Bruce's head about giving up everything to Alfred by faking being dead and going into hiding with some random jewel thief in Europe. After some more manipulation and trying to throw Selena Kyle at him a couple more times, Bruce takes the bait and fakes his own death.

Finally, after 3 films and many twists and turns, Alfred Pennyworth defeats Bruce Wayne and permanently controls the Wayne fortune for himself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Joker, hand's down. The changes to Bane's backstory and the terrible accent ruined Bane for me, as soon as he talked i couldn't take him seriously.

I will say though the arguments for Ras and Scarecrow are good.

Joker, you know you have a powerful character when it drives you insane and you die from it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Heath Ledger may have been a bad Joker but he was a great villain.
    didnt know people say his joker was a bad joker, most people are torn between his joker and nickelsons joker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    didnt know people say his joker was a bad joker, most people are torn between his joker and nickelsons joker
    People don't really say that, just me. The only time he even acted like the Joker was the hospital scene. My favorite Jokers are Mark Hamill and Jack Nicholson.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Heath Ledger's Joker no contest at all... the acting the character pure greatness and likely to remain the joker of jokers for all time.
    Yep agreed.