WoW Patch Hotfixes - July 31, 2020

WoW Patch Hotfixes - July 31, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Items and Rewards

• Corrupted Items
      • Reverted the recent change made on the interaction between Fist of Justice and Ineffable Truth for Holy and Protection Paladins.

WoW Classic

• Attacking Anachronos now flags you for PvP.
    • The Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item no longer generates threat.
      • Developers’ note: Ordinarily we err on the side of authenticity when it comes to clever use of mechanics in Classic, even if we believe the original development team would have made a change given the same information we now have. The Ectoplasmic Distiller presents a rare exception mainly due to its severity: this new discovery of an unintended mechanic would completely trivialize most threat gameplay in raids for the remainder of Classic if left unchecked, including upcoming bosses in Ahn’Qiraj and Naxxramas.
    • The pages for the quest “Draconic for Dummies” are now Epic quality.
      • Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on "Draconic for Dummies" quest pages to Epic (purple) so that they'll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.

so is that a revertion of the reverted change they did or have they revert the original change?? why is this coming up twice?!
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2020-08-01 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    This was not an "undiscovered exploit".

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ent=t1_fzndi3q
    These guys clearly stated it was not known bug and they never reported it.
    I can clearly see why Blizzard decided to change it.

We use to use the ectoplasmic distiller in bwl for the dragonkin. I always thought it was bullshit but my raid leader kept saying it generate threat. I just went with it because I kept getting gear. Jeez, it seems he knew more than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    #No...Changes...???

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    #No...Changes...???
    If it would break the game then there will be changes. Imagine all future kills are gonna be worthless because the main tank has infinite aggro 3 seconds into the fight.

#No...Changes...???
    I'm sure you know #NoChanges was just a meme, but in this case this is warranted due to the OP nature. As have a few other things they have fixed in Classic.

As long as it "feels" like Vanilla and even if the numbers are only 99.99% the same, you won't notice and you'll have a good time. So I am fine with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone explain to me how superglue aggro trivializes content. My simple mind can't comprehend it.

so Tank has threat so high 2 seconds into the fight that the DPS can go Balls Out? that's bad how?

someone explain to me how superglue aggro trivializes content. My simple mind can't comprehend it.

so Tank has threat so high 2 seconds into the fight that the DPS can go Balls Out? that's bad how?
    It's bad because you want your tank to hold threat by using his class abilities.

If you can't see by yourself how it trivializes content nothing anyone says will change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank still has to use his abilities to tank. He can't just drop the thing and AFK.

right? Or was tanking in Vanilla only about generating Threat?

Tank still has to use his abilities to tank. He can't just drop the thing and AFK.

it kinda was yea so that would render everything about classic invalid.

10+ Year Old Account

on bosses that didn't have a tank swap ability or a sunder armour type ability once a tank had threat they could literally auto attack and afk for the remainder of the fight, that's the reasons bosses were given anti-tank mechanics, to force tank players to engage in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Groovy.

I played a Hunter back then so I really didn't know much about threat outside of having to pop FD once or twice. I kinda thought Tanks had to do stuff to survive as well as build threat. *shrug*

15+ Year Old Account
    #No...Changes...???
    #SomeChanges
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Because the reality of vanilla tanking was that almost every tank is shit and the most limiting thing is not your gear or energy bar, it's the tank. We used to joke that alliance were allowed to do 30% mehr damange and soulstone was pretty much warrior feign death aka a dps cooldown .

Why wouldn't you want to capture that misery with the recreation?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Because the reality of vanilla tanking was that almost every tank is shit and the most limiting thing is not your gear or energy bar, it's the tank. We used to joke that alliance were allowed to do 30% mehr damange and soulstone was pretty much warrior feign death aka a dps cooldown .

Why wouldn't you want to capture that misery with the recreation?
    Because, I guess, this was a thing back in 1.12?

and we're back to the #NoChanges argument. just like the AV re-balance, not being able to see your opponents in a BG until it starts, etc etc etc
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Because, I guess, this was a thing back in 1.12?

and we're back to the #NoChanges argument. just like the AV re-balance, not being able to see your opponents in a BG until it starts, etc etc etc
    I was joking with the last line.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Currently players do about 2-3 times as much damage as they did in Vanilla on average. The system is the same, but the players are much better, the knowledge about the game is much higher, and people have highly optimized gear. In result the threat generated by Warriors - which was balanced for players back then - is very low. Pro-guilds are already forced to have basically DPS-warriors do the tanking so they have a remote chance to keep up with dps.

Thanks to the high dps most fights are already trivialized. Many boss mechanics can simply be skipped because the fight is over after seconds. If now tanks would get an infinite aggro ability they could approach a boss in full defensive gear, pop the device, and then DPS could go nuts. As a result healers would no longer have to struggle to keep the tank up because he is in full defensive gear, so a few healer spots could be swapped for even more dps, and dps would no longer have to watch any aggrometer and could go full berserk from the first second. With that fights would be over even faster, and even more mechanics could be skipped. As a result fights would be so trivial everyone would feel cheated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Groovy.

I played a Hunter back then so I really didn't know much about threat outside of having to pop FD once or twice. I kinda thought Tanks had to do stuff to survive as well as build threat. *shrug*
    The surviving part was left for healers.