Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He never banned muslims
    Great post!

He never banned muslims
    lol... yeah... you are responding to a person who called him not having a muslim ban, backtracking... I’d call it a failure...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

He never banned muslims
    Haha! Are you sure?

December, 2015: “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.” -Donald Trump

Ultimately, in June 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the third version of the travel ban in a 5-4 decision. That version restricted the entry of nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea and Venezuela.

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the court's majority opinion, saying Trump's directive was "facially neutral toward religion."

You truly are a joke on these forums. Do some research buddy.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Haha! Are you sure?

December, 2015: “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.” -Donald Trump

Ultimately, in June 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the third version of the travel ban in a 5-4 decision. That version restricted the entry of nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea and Venezuela.

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the court's majority opinion, saying Trump's directive was "facially neutral toward religion."

You truly are a joke on these forums. Do some research buddy.
    So your saying that those original 7 countries (That were on Obama's list) that he tried ban for 6 months so they as he put it "can figure out what the hell was going on" is banning all muslims? So they are the only countries with muslims and there are only muslims in those countries? What are the muslims in the other countries that he had no issue with really called then? I mean you must believe that they are something else then right? If you believe Trump really tried to ban all muslims, then they can't be muslim if the come from Egypt, or SA, or Jordan, or .... etc ... etc ..etc. Just curious what you call them if they aren't muslims that were not affected by his shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    So your saying that those original 7 countries (That were on Obama's list) that he tried ban for 6 months so they as he put it "can figure out what the hell was going on" is banning all muslims? So they are the only countries with muslims and there are only muslims in those countries? What are the muslims in the other countries that he had no issue with really called then? I mean you must believe that they are something else then right? If you believe Trump really tried to ban all muslims, then they can't be muslim if the come from Egypt, or SA, or Jordan, or .... etc ... etc ..etc. Just curious what you call them if they aren't muslims that were not affected by his shutdown.
    Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on
    -Dec 7th, 2015

he said that at his rally that day

and heres some more
    https://www.cato.org/blog/dozen-time...ban-muslim-ban
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-08-08 at 03:04 PM.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

So you too are ignorant when you reply to my post when I give the actual quote from Trump and the Supreme Court ruling. Bye Bye!
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Like I said, Tik Tok is suing the administration over the EO.

Also, in three days, FB's Reel had already done more damage to Tik Tok that Trump's EO.

FB Reels has done well in two days. Close to 100% of the most influential Tik Tok posters are now also on Reels. Approximately 50% of Tik Top posters have also set up shop at Reels. There has been a noticeable drop of new video on Tik Tok which coincides with Reels roll out. FB went up 6% yesterday, and another 2.3% so far today, and its market cap is just below 780B. Without internal access to FB server, it is impossible to measure Reels usage since the app is built into Instagram, so we can only judge by the impact it has on Tik Tok usage. Simply said, it is not good.

To illustrate FB grip on the social media market. People in Beirut, Lebanon are using FB to coordinate their search and rescue effort. Since their economy has been hit hard by the pandemic and the fall of their currency, people in Lebanon has also been using FB to facilitate a barter economy.

Trump will ban the election this November !

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Trump will ban the election this November !
    He can’t... but... can he cancel November through an executive order?
    As above, so below.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

From NPR.

TikTok To Sue Trump Administration Over Ban, As Soon As Tuesday

The source familiar with TikTok's internal discussions on the matter says the president's order appeared rushed and did not include carveouts or exceptions for TikTok to maintain any legal representation, which the company plans to argue is a violation of due process rights.

TikTok's more than 1,000 U.S.-based employees could have their paychecks indefinitely frozen. It could force landlords housing TikTok operations to evict them. And Trump's order could make it impossible for American lawyers to represent TikTok in any U.S. legal proceedings.

Typically, if the federal government launches an investigation, it will inform the company with a subpoena or some other kind of notice demanding a response to allegations of misconduct or malfeasance. Federal investigators at times also call representatives of the company for a confidential meeting about a looming enforcement action.

According to those working on TikTok's legal team, no such outreach from the White House requesting evidence took place before Thursday's executive order. TikTok lawyers view that as shortcutting standard procedure.

Officials at TikTok acknowledged as much in its response to the order. "We are shocked by the recent Executive Order, which was issued without any due process," TikTok said in a statement. "The text of the decision makes it plain that there has been a reliance on unnamed 'reports' with no citations, fears that the app 'may be' used for misinformation campaigns with no substantiation of such fears, and concerns about the collection of data that is industry standard for thousands of mobile apps around the world."

The order was issued in part under an executive power known as the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which arms the president with broad authority to impose economic sanctions when presented with an "unusual and extraordinary threat," such as a risk to national security.

There are exceptions to that power that lawyers for TikTok will likely underscore in their litigation. For instance, the authority cannot be used to regulate or prohibit either "personal communication" or sharing of film and other forms of media, which TikTok can argue is the primary use of its app.

This will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So you too are ignorant when you reply to my post when I give the actual quote from Trump and the Supreme Court ruling. Bye Bye!
    Ignorant? I read the order, I read the revised order. I saw that there were a bunch or large Muslim majority countries missing from the "muslim ban". SO I was asking you how it was a ban, if it targeted specific countries and left out some of the largest muslim communities. I am not saying whether it would have helped or not, or whether it was a good idea or not. I am simply pointing out that either you don't consider the "stable" countries that are majority muslim as muslim (because they weren't banned), or you must have a reason why they their travel wasn't in the block at all. I was curious what that reason was.

I know that having to admit that maybe there was really a non hateful reason that they were trying to pause travel 7 specific countries would break your narrative. I was just wondering how you could explain a muslim ban that didn't ban muslims from anywhere other then the specific countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiktok is a data thief, my company banned its installation on any company devices or even any personal devices that are brought into the offices, buildings, client sites, etc.

I am not sure how a country wide ban would work well, the internet is to open and there are to many ways to get around it with proxies and relays, but hey, if it makes them stop stealing the data, great. Do I think they will stop? No. Do I care? not really. I don't use it. The users have to decide if its worth it to give up the privacy for it.

Ignorant? I read the order, I read the revised order. I saw that there were a bunch or large Muslim majority countries missing from the "muslim ban". SO I was asking you how it was a ban, if it targeted specific countries and left out some of the largest muslim communities. I am not saying whether it would have helped or not, or whether it was a good idea or not. I am simply pointing out that either you don't consider the "stable" countries that are majority muslim as muslim (because they weren't banned), or you must have a reason why they their travel wasn't in the block at all. I was curious what that reason was.

I know that having to admit that maybe there was really a non hateful reason that they were trying to pause travel 7 specific countries would break your narrative. I was just wondering how you could explain a muslim ban that didn't ban muslims from anywhere other then the specific countries.
    The current Muslim ban is version 3.5 the previous versions were struck down as too racist and violating freedom of religion. In order for it to pass several other countries were added, the countries that are added were countries simply not friendly with the US. The reason Trump gave was terrorism but it didn't include Saudi Arabia you know the country were the 9/11 hijackers came from, got funded and occasionally killing of US resident journalist happens.

Also Trump and his people plainly said what it was during the campaign and the original version as they had religious specific clauses in there.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure how a country wide ban would work well, the internet is to open and there are to many ways to get around it with proxies and relays, but hey, if it makes them stop stealing the data, great. Do I think they will stop? No. Do I care? not really. I don't use it. The users have to decide if its worth it to give up the privacy for it.
    You know they aren't stealing data anymore than facebook, google, twitter and most of the apps on your phone. If China wants your data there's a Congo line of American firms falling over themselves that will sell it to them. If privacy and national security was the goal then passing laws restricting these apps would be what Trump would do. It is pretty obvious that this is simply payback for the Tulsa rally humiliation,.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The current Muslim ban is version 3.5 the previous versions were struck down as too racist and violating freedom of religion. In order for it to pass several other countries were added, the countries that are added were countries simply not friendly with the US. The reason Trump gave was terrorism but it didn't include Saudi Arabia you know the country were the 9/11 hijackers came from, got funded and occasionally killing of US resident journalist happens.

Also Trump and his people plainly said what it was during the campaign and the original version as they had religious specific clauses in there.

- - - Updated - - -

You know they aren't stealing data anymore than Facebook, google, twitter and most of the apps on your phone. If China wants your data there's a Congo line of American firms falling over themselves that will sell it to them. If privacy and national security was the goal then passing laws restricting these apps would be what Trump would do. It is pretty obvious that this is simply payback for the Tulsa rally humiliation,.
    I like this line of thinking. All the other companies also steal and harvest my data so it's okay. (Hint Those companies listed are American and are subject to American laws and regulations)

TikTok is a Chinese spyware app that collects your data and is beholden only to the Chinese government. If the Chinese government someday decides to lean on TikTok and blackmail millions of its users by exploiting their data, there isn't anything you can do about it.

If you want to keep using that cringe app and become a puppet of the Chinese government to own the Cons, go ahead. It's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I like this line of thinking. All the other companies also steal and harvest my data so it's okay. (Hint Those companies listed are American and are subject to American laws and regulations)

TikTok is a Chinese spyware app that collects your data and is beholden only to the Chinese government. If the Chinese government someday decides to lean on TikTok and blackmail millions of its users by exploiting their data, there isn't anything you can do about it.

If you want to keep using that cringe app and become a puppet of the Chinese government to own the Cons, go ahead. It's your call.
    Said the puppet.
    Wall of LOLs

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not opposed to incest

Learn to read there's nothing in there about me saying it was okay I am simply pointing out that we need privacy laws to protect people because all that shit is spyware. The Chinese government doesn't need Tik Tok to get your information that was my point that's what we need to change that is the real problem.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-08-10 at 08:17 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiktok is a data thief, my company banned its installation on any company devices or even any personal devices that are brought into the offices, buildings, client sites, etc.

I agree, it's a shame Trump hates Muslims and the First Amendment so damn much.

It's rather despicable that so many people would vote for a guy who carries so much disdain for civil liberties.

- - - Updated - - -

It's based out of California.

As you can see, Trump doesn't want it to be his call. Trump wants to take away personal responsibility, and wants to stomp on the First Amendment int he process.

What. A. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Maybe he can use EO add extra months to the US calendar indefinitely so November never comes and 2020 never ends in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Alan Dershowitz could probably come up with some bullshit reasoning to justify it.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Do you think foreign business operating in US, does not follow US laws? Could you clarify this?

Why would a country, blackmail app users? You think the issue is China’s ability to blackmail? What do you think of Trump corporation manufacturing in China... so you think that can be used to blackmail? What about owing money to governments like China?

How does TikTok own the cons? WTF? No one other than Trump is politicizing TikTok... this is Trump’s answer to covid...
    As above, so below.

Welp they tacked on wechat since i posted this. Seems like they're targeting tencent. The wording on the EO is vague however. Or doesn't clarify what capacity tencent would be allowed to operate. Of course we could also argue that if trump was doing his job tencent wouldn't be allowed to be huge stakes in western companies to begin with. They own riot and a 40٪ stake in epic. They've gave 150 million to reddit. The list goes on.
    Last edited by Saninicus; 2020-08-11 at 03:45 AM.