Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'd love to see older Raids become 5 man's

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcleaver View Post
    So just because your guild doesnt want to recruit blizzard should bend over to you guys?
    As soon as flex tech in raids became a thing, it shouldn't be a requirement to be constantly recruiting to participate in content that your group is good enough to do.

I don't give a fuck about tuning mythic raiding for the 1%. The fact that any design consideration is being given to the top 1% of players at all is a gross failure in game design logic.

+1 .. i loved legion karazan, my fav

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Yes.

No.

Sure there's a niche for it (it's the internet) but I doubt many would share this opinion. I don't find it particularly enjoyable or engaging to constantly wipe on something I've mastered 6 weeks ago to "teach" someone. If anything this is a necessary evil if a guild finds itself missing a spot in a raid group, but I'm positive no one would want this to become the norm where everyone needs to learn and relearn every raid.
    Have you done all difficulties of raid of this BFA?
    Then I might understand that teaching new people would bore you out. But not everyone had the chance to see normal/heroic difficulty, so they are happy to learn and be teached. So there are people around that would like to grouped and see heroic difficulty for the first time and learn the raid mechanics and overcome it. That is part of the fun.

But hey, what about if your guild would do sometime in the weeks to heroic of Uldir or BoD, just 3 bosses for the nostalgia? And same time, they will be scaled to your ilvl and dropping loots that might help you for your progress. Would that make you more interested? Just a bit diversity to your weekly Nyaloth runs?

considering the fact that they will be limiting sources of drops from everywhere, this wont happen. and that beside the point of having a balancing nightmare.

I can't even begin to take this thread seriously, because I'm still just laughing at the idea of some poor group taking 2 hours to clear UBRS. They must pull one mob at a time, and wipe every third pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or.. if you are deadset on having a system like this.. how about the following:

Current Tier is Raid "A", previous Tier is Raid "B"
    When Raid A opens, thus leaving Raid B as last season.. Have item levels of Normal and Heroic reduced by 5 item levels, and then still cap them at 10man. instead of a daily reset, have a 3 day reset (like ZG/AQ20). This would still make for a solid, fluid catchup system, while still incentivizing people to do the current content for fresh ilvl upgrades. having a daily lockout would destroy xmog/BoE markets (which have remained relatively stable for previous tier items), it would also put a lot of pressure on newer players and alts to spend all of their time doing that one content pc over and over again at the cost of other areas of the game (which wasn't a problem for mains cause it was only once a week... daily vs weekly is a MASSIVE difference in time investment obviously).

The 5ilvl reduction is to reduce the chances of edge-case items maintaining their strength AFTER the content is over.

Mythic would maintain ilvl and 20man requirement though. That shouldn't be changed imo.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    As soon as flex tech in raids became a thing, it shouldn't be a requirement to be constantly recruiting to participate in content that your group is good enough to do.

I don't give a fuck about tuning mythic raiding for the 1%. The fact that any design consideration is being given to the top 1% of players at all is a gross failure in game design logic.
    Theres heroic normal for people like you. Just because flex got introduced doesnt mean you should expect everything to be flex. If that is the case i could make an argument that i want to solo current tier mythic + dungeons because of reason X.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Or.. if you are deadset on having a system like this.. how about the following:

When Raid A opens, thus leaving Raid B as last season.. Have item levels of Normal and Heroic reduced by 5 item levels, and then still cap them at 10man. instead of a daily reset, have a 3 day reset (like ZG/AQ20). This would still make for a solid, fluid catchup system, while still incentivizing people to do the current content for fresh ilvl upgrades. having a daily lockout would destroy xmog/BoE markets (which have remained relatively stable for previous tier items), it would also put a lot of pressure on newer players and alts to spend all of their time doing that one content pc over and over again at the cost of other areas of the game (which wasn't a problem for mains cause it was only once a week... daily vs weekly is a MASSIVE difference in time investment obviously).

The 5ilvl reduction is to reduce the chances of edge-case items maintaining their strength AFTER the content is over.

Mythic would maintain ilvl and 20man requirement though. That shouldn't be changed imo.
    Good idea.

Nothing i would like more than the return of 10man raids.
    Despite allowing it, the current raids are really 14+.