1. #1

    we need better LFG UI.

    the game needs changes in the UI for looking for group (dungeons).

    we need:
    - add filters when searching for group (M+ level, your role)
    - group creators need the ability to assign m+ level instead of just writing it in the name.
    - create a separate list for boosters and make joining it cost gold (gold is transfered after dungeon is done).

    current UI combines sellers and low keys with roles you don't fill is not good.

  2. #2
    Only thing I agree with is maybe adding a function to assign the M+ level instead of writing it in the title or description.

  3. #3
    There are literally addons for this with millions of downloads so... i guess problem solved

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    There are literally addons for this with millions of downloads so... i guess problem solved
    can you point me to the addon that separate lists by their key level?

  5. #5
    Now its not perfect for what you want but you can:

    - add filters when searching for group (M+ level, your role) - Add the level you want in the normal UI, select groups that have X roles filled or open in the addon
    - group creators need the ability to assign m+ level instead of just writing it in the name. - This is a non issue, it fuctions perfectly with correct addon usage
    - create a separate list for boosters and make joining it cost gold (gold is transfered after dungeon is done). - Unfortunatley you cant exclude these asshats.. this does need to be a feature

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ZazuuPriest; 2020-08-01 at 06:13 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Now its not perfect for what you want but you can:

    - add filters when searching for group (M+ level, your role) - Add the level you want in the normal UI, select groups that have X roles filled or open in the addon
    - group creators need the ability to assign m+ level instead of just writing it in the name. - This is a non issue, it fuctions perfectly with correct addon usage
    - create a separate list for boosters and make joining it cost gold (gold is transfered after dungeon is done). - Unfortunatley you cant exclude these asshats.. this does need to be a feature

    [IMG][/IMG]
    i know this addon and i use it.

    i just wish the main UI was a bit not lazy and have it implement even more features.

  7. #7
    I would like to see a sellers/buyers tab myself.

    Blizzard supported the carry crowd with the token so hard they might as well make it official.

  8. #8
    Blizzards policy is if theres an addon that does it very well they usually dont implement as its not necessary when it can be fixed with 1 download.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    i know this addon and i use it.

    i just wish the main UI was a bit not lazy and have it implement even more features.
    That is a problem you can most likely fix yourself either by contracting the work or by actually changing it yourself. Addons can be complicated, and it's bad form to distribute something you've made changes to, but it's perfectly within your right to modify it for personal use.

    Also, using the group finder to sell boosts has its own line in the report feature(advertising.) I don't think anything is going to be made to facilitate that degeneracy.

  10. #10
    That's just how blizzard does it. they always make a baseline version that's good enough for most people and then allow addons for people with more specific demands.

    as for advertising in the group finder, afaik thats against the rules, but they will always be there anyways.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I would like to see a sellers/buyers tab myself.

    Blizzard supported the carry crowd with the token so hard they might as well make it official.
    No. They gotta discourage it. New players don't have a home in this when everything around them is about buying boosts. The only way to get rich in WoW nowdays is selling boosts, which is absurd in a MMORPG imho.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    No. They gotta discourage it. New players don't have a home in this when everything around them is about buying boosts. The only way to get rich in WoW nowdays is selling boosts, which is absurd in a MMORPG imho.
    Times change... I don't know how you put that genie back into its bottle...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Blizzards policy is if theres an addon that does it very well they usually dont implement as its not necessary when it can be fixed with 1 download.
    And it works kinda good. Blizz doesnt pay for development of addons and community makes money of of it while still doing it better than blizz.

  14. #14
    They just need to give back access to filter groups with keywords and I'm happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have never once in my life trolled or tried to troll anyone.

  15. #15
    What I want is a UI that allows people to PLAN dungeon and raid runs.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #16
    I remember them saying they were planning on improving the UI for searching for M+ groups, either at Blizzcon last year or some dev interview along the way. But....looks like it was an empty promise :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •