Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Because we know how good the game can be. When we see how far it's fallen, it's a very frustrating feeling. Like seeing your best friend fall to alcoholism and ruin his life.

I don't hate the game, I just want to see it spread its wings and fly like it used to do.
    This right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because WoW is the ex-girlfriend you never get over.

I'd start worrying when people stop complaining and and don't have anything to say about the game. We are pretty much there already tbh.

If today's complaining and negative feedback triggers you then I can't imagine how frustrating previous expansions must've been for you lol.

If you take the criticism of the game as love to hate it then you are pretty clueless. Very few people trash the game because they love to do it but rather because of the direction that the developers have taken the game in many areas. If people legitimately hated the game they simply wouldn't play it but actually people love the game and hate what Blizzard has done to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Seriously it’s like kicking a dog and liking it. Now let me preference in saying I am no way a Blizzard fanboy but it’s just depressing to see some of the threads. It honestly baffles me that people wake up in the morning to write post all ways crapping on Blizzard and Wow. I mean I know Some of it is trolling and it’s by the same people. I mean they make Warcraft devs to be comic book level villains instead of people that can make mistakes. I notice a lot of streamers and major content creators have gotten really dark about Shadowlands. Not to mention anyone that says anything positive about wow here now and days are flamed down a hole on. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to be criticized for BFA absolutely they did. When I go here, it makes not want to pre order Shadowlands.
    Not even remotely the right words or phrasing. You REALLY have no idea what hating WoW is because you only read from the WoW community. People do not "hate WoW" they are frustrated with it and hate the design choices made to the game. If you want to see actual WoW hate go to another MMO community(FFXIV for example) who most people who never played WoW actually hate the game, its a completely different experience. Criticism doesn't = hate and the minute the criticism stops you should then be really scared because then there just becomes indifference and thats slowly whats happening to a chunk of the community with every xpac.

Well when you get your hopes up over and over again and then get shit on, then it is very easy to start hating something that you used to like.

ah... people bitching on the net about people bitching on the net about video games.
    I find the lack of self awareness to be quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Kids whine when they don't like something. Check out social media stuff, sometimes it's considered cool to hate X, other times it's cool to hate Y. Sometimes it's #metoo that matters, sometimes it's #blm. People want to fit in and be part of a group, a community. They want to feel included. They want confirmation on their opinions so that they can get some dopamine.

To the guy above, you'll find no critique here on this site. Critique isn't just calling out bad shit by the way. I love how he argued that he'll call out flaws. He says nothing about calling out what actually works, what you like, etc. People are obsessed with spreading negativity.

Go to a restaurant, eat dinner. Was everything as it should be? Probably. Will you leave a 5 star review? Doubt it. Go to a restaurant, eat dinner. Was everything as it should be? No? Instant negative review online.

Doesn't help that the wow community is as immature and toxic as the LoL one.
    I think its adorable you think this is in anyway a "kids" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Seriously it’s like kicking a dog and liking it. Now let me preference in saying I am no way a Blizzard fanboy but it’s just depressing to see some of the threads. It honestly baffles me that people wake up in the morning to write post all ways crapping on Blizzard and Wow. I mean I know Some of it is trolling and it’s by the same people. I mean they make Warcraft devs to be comic book level villains instead of people that can make mistakes. I notice a lot of streamers and major content creators have gotten really dark about Shadowlands. Not to mention anyone that says anything positive about wow here now and days are flamed down a hole on. I’m not saying they didn’t deserve to be criticized for BFA absolutely they did. When I go here, it makes not want to pre order Shadowlands.
    Most of them are over it but to stupid to realize it, or refuse to. It is just easier for them to complain about wow..

We hate it cause they flip flop.

Like ok we get on board. It's the perfect expansion, everything is great. Then they completely change things around and it sucks now but other players like it. So you get a bunch of haters. Then they change things around again and some of those people become haters and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Unconstructive anonymous whine about irrelevant things like computer games is a domain of sad and life unfulfilled people.

Many gamers are just that and it's reflected in the thone of their whiny posts.
    This. WoW is one of the most efffective escape miserable real life drug existing. Addicts playing also hang around in forums, as they got nothing better to do. As there is not much more in their lifes that matters to them except the game, they use their drug as a vehicle to spill out their negativity.
    Last edited by Boddhi; 2020-08-02 at 09:12 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. Doing something you enjoy is not a sacrifice.
    Giving up something else for it is... again literally the definition of sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate the game, I deeply dislike the developers making totally stupid metagame decisions and who can't balance a transportation pony in a van, much less specs in WoW. That's totally different
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    People love to hate; the bigger and more popular, the more hate.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the threads you mentioned remind me of what I would have posted when WoW was my only hobby and distraction.
    Of course any deviation from what's considered "the best" is going to be attacked if that's the case, even if it's unfair. In other occasions, it's just people that like the game for what it is, but disagree with some of the new additions. This is also normal, you don't stop caring for something you like just because it's slightly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What I find strange are the people who quit years ago but still stick around to trash talk expansion(s) they haven't even touched. These people even make it clear they will never play WoW again but for whatever reason they still want to "talk" about it.
    ...kinda think most only say they quit wow or havent played in forever...

Ran into a few who havent played since wrath and then ask about how to play their dh tank better

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Giving up something else for it is... again literally the definition of sacrifice.
    Yeah no try again.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Because people care.....

People like this game, like A LOT! And when they see it going into a bad direction, they want to change it or atleast make their voices heard. That is why so many people "hate" WoW, cause they just want to like it again.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess the OP had a change of heart in the last month.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hould-be-fired
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    Guess the OP had a change of heart in the last month.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hould-be-fired
    are people not allowed to change their mind with more information or something?

That sounds pretty lame being locked into thoughts you had and can never alter those views.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    are people not allowed to change their mind with more information or something?

That sounds pretty lame being locked into thoughts you had and can never alter those views.
    ...more likely he's a troll attempting to get people riled up