Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A tiny question about the xp buff

Hello

I was planning on coming back a bit earlier than I intended (originally plan was to wait until SL prepatch). I wanted to pass time by leveling alts since I have nothing else I care about left to do. Already collected things I wanted.

Yet, I heard there was a permanent buff that gives 100% extra xp. This goes against my idea of slowly passing time by leveling. Can the buff be clicked off or turned off otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Hello

I was planning on coming back a bit earlier than I intended (originally plan was to wait until SL prepatch). I wanted to pass time by leveling alts since I have nothing else I care about left to do. Already collected things I wanted.

Yet, I heard there was a permanent buff that gives 100% extra xp. This goes against my idea of slowly passing time by leveling. Can the buff be clicked off or turned off otherwise?
    Nope. But you can level twice as many characters!

Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    Nope. But you can level twice as many characters!
    Thanks for the information.

Not sure, if I bother coming back. I like to complete things and not be done with everything in few hours. I'm actually rather annoyed that blizz has put such buff that you cant even turn off.
    For example, if I start a zone, I'll be done with that level bracket in one or two zones when before I could even split my time redoing anything I wanted properly.

Its like forcing people to wear heirlooms. Actually double heirlooms? I rarely use those to begin with.

Thanks for the information.

Not sure, if I bother coming back. I like to complete things and not be done with everything in few hours. I'm actually rather annoyed that blizz has put such buff that you cant even turn off.
    For example, if I start a zone, I'll be done with that level bracket in one or two zones when before I could even split my time redoing anything I wanted properly.

Its like forcing people to wear heirlooms. Actually double heirlooms? I rarely use those to begin with.
    Level brackets were removed. Zones scale so you can complete any zone
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Level brackets were removed. Zones scale so you can complete any zone
    I think he means that you could finish, for example, Pandaria after only doing 2 sub zones instead of 5 or 6. It's the lesser evil right now though imo, I can't see many people wanting to level whenever in a few months it's going to take 1/5th the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I think he means that you could finish, for example, Pandaria after only doing 2 sub zones instead of 5 or 6. It's the lesser evil right now though imo, I can't see many people wanting to level whenever in a few months it's going to take 1/5th the time.
    Kinda, more what he means is that if you start a zone at level 20, you could move to a different zone for a while or do a bunch of dungeons and come back at 50 and that zone, all of its mobs, quests, and rewards will be scaled to level 50 and you can finish the zone and not lose EXP if thats what you want to do

It's worse than that for completion, pretty much don't even get through one mop zone :P

This is what I mean.

Say I start doing mop areas. With current way. I'll probably be done with entire mop before I finish even the first zone. Its not fun, if I want to do them "in order".

The definition of a first world problem
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Just do them anyway, quests will go green then gray and you'll get no xp, toil away to your heart's content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The definition of a first world problem
    Also this.

Hello

It's permanent, but I think (i.e. don't quote me on that) it'll go away when the pre-patch goes live and the level squish is implemented.

This is what I mean.

Say I start doing mop areas. With current way. I'll probably be done with entire mop before I finish even the first zone. Its not fun, if I want to do them "in order".
    There's this handy new feature in the game called "Party Sync" that scales your level back down to the lowest level in your party's current expansion bracket. It even allows you to replay quests you've already completed if the other player hasn't yet. You get full experience and level as normal, but while party sync is active, your skills will never surpass the bracket that you synced down into. Ask around for your friends or hell, while I'm hardly active, I have an alt that could sync you down to Pandaria (or probably any expansion if you passed it)

This is what I mean.

I just did the entirety of WoD by doing only 3 of the 7 storyarcs in Shadowmoon Valley + 3 hotspots.

Then level classes you never thought you'd play. Like I did with Shaman. This buff is perfect. Turns out shaman isn't so shit. It's the first time in the history of the game where I have every class on max level, even some sub-alts at max level (more than one alt of the same class)... and I fucking hate levelling. This buff is just good. That kind of levelling speed or shorter should be the standard in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I just did the entirety of WoD by doing only 3 of the 7 storyarcs in Shadowmoon Valley + 3 hotspots.
    I could party sync with you on my alt and you can redo most of the 'hotspot' bonus objectives again, and they're repeatable on a 24 hour rolling reset (doesn't reset with daily quests/lockouts, but after 24 hours of you completing it)

I can't believe what I'm reading. Really.

Fyi - leveling in SL will be equally fast if not faster. So I guess this game is simply not for you.

Then wait for Shadowlands. The leveling will be scaled so that you'll get from 10-50 in just about one expanion. You can take each alt though a different expansion. You still won't be able to do all the expansions on one alt at level, but you'll have a more coherent experience.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Then level classes you never thought you'd play. Like I did with Shaman. This buff is perfect. Turns out shaman isn't so shit. It's the first time in the history of the game where I have every class on max level, even some sub-alts at max level (more than one alt of the same class)... and I fucking hate levelling. This buff is just good.
    And this. It's Rogues and Monks for me.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2020-08-01 at 04:23 PM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

not sure what the problem is if you just want to quest why would level matter anyway? just quest anywhere you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    I could party sync with you on my alt and you can redo most of the 'hotspot' bonus objectives again, and they're repeatable on a 24 hour rolling reset (doesn't reset with daily quests/lockouts, but after 24 hours of you completing it)
    Thanks, but it's fine. I'm actually fine with the speed of leveling right now since I'm leveling a class I'm not fond of (rogue), solely because I want a can opener and not have to depends on others or have to have a specific profession to open lockboxes I find while questing.

Now watch Shadowlands' lockboxes be 'bind-on-pickup' just to screw me over.

I mean, if you don't care about efficiency, then you're perfectly free to do green quests, or even grey ones. I fail to see your problem. That's like being miserable you don't have any real problems, and you want to be a victim as most people nowadays do, so you decide to create artificial problems just so you have something to complain about.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.