Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do the Mag'har from Draenor know about the timeline stuff?

Because they all came to Azeroth, but I don't remember anyone ever sitting them down telling them "hey, you're not just traveling to a different world, you're traveling to a different timeline". The leader of the Mag'har is the daughter of Durotan in that timeline, so it's either some sort of alternate timeline Thrall, or genetically a sister of Thrall's. Do they know Outland is a shattered version of their homeworld?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was this old when i realised she is Thralls sister :S

considering if you play a mag'har you weirdly level up and play a part of the original wod story i can imagine they are as lost and confused as we are to the whole timeline disaster :s

I expect they probably didn't know any of this before they came to Azeroth, but they probably do now.

Pretty sure they know since Geya'rah is in the Vision of Orgrimmar and she specifically mentions "the false son of Durotan" in reference to Thrall.

The false son of Durotan must die! The blood of the Mag'har is on his hands!
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Overlord_Geya%27rah#Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty sure they know since Geya'rah is in the Vision of Orgrimmar and she specifically mentions "the false son of Durotan" in reference to Thrall.
    Oh well, who knows what those visions really are, since they don't actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    Oh well, who knows what those visions really are, since they don't actually happen.
    Wrathion says what they are, a vision of the future where N'zoth wins, or at least a part of Nya'lotha in some way.

Even though the events don't unfold that lead to them, it does seem to reflect the character's knowledge

Yes they do.

Grommash Hellscream says: It has been many years since I set eyes upon a green-skinned orc. And this one at your side is... familiar. You come from Azeroth.
    Eitrigg says: Indeed. I am Eitrigg, and this is <name>, champion of the Horde.
    Grommash Hellscream says: Eitrigg... I knew an Eitrigg who served Blackhand. He was an honorable orc who died in glorious battle.
    Eitrigg says: And the Grommash Hellscream I knew gave his life to free us from the grip of demons. A worthy death.
    Grommash Hellscream says: Well then here we are... two old ghosts. Why have you returned to Draenor after all this time?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

In Orgrimmar they run into eachother here and there, the convo is:

"Go'el."
    "Geya'rah."

So it's pretty weird there.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wrathion says what they are, a vision of the future where N'zoth wins, or at least a part of Nya'lotha in some way.

Even though the events don't unfold that lead to them, it does seem to reflect the character's knowledge
    Hmm I guess that's pretty clear then. At least at some point she will know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes they do.
    It doesn't say anything about the different timelines. Grom might know right then and there, but that still leaves it open who knows how much.

Yes, they know, as shown in this Pissed quote from Geya'rah:
    Listen, smartypants! Did you ever stop to think that YOUR timeline is the "alternate history" and MINE is the REAL one? Heh... bet I just blew your mind...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes, they know, as shown in this Pissed quote from Geya'rah:
    Weird that we never see those characters actually talk about it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am sure somebody at some point told them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a relevant subject in almost any conversation.

The Mag'har Clans blend well with the Horde War Machine, what would be the point of talking about timelines?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I was this old when i realised she is Thralls sister :S
    More accurate would be that Geya'rah is the female orc-raised version of Thrall.

I feel lore involving everything around Dreanor and alternate timelines is so convoluted and messed up that blizzard themselves doesn't want to touch it more than absolutely needed. They would rather have us speculate than give answers that would most likely just raise more questions and make the whole timeline plot even worse.

The fact that despite there being 2 timelines we never see anyone meeting his alternate version face to face gives you a perfect reflection on how they try to avoid "difficult to explain" situations.

I think they shouls be very much aware about the different timelines. Thrall is often referred to as a "Son of Durotan", which should at least make Draka question what's going on. I don't remember, whether it is brought up in WoD at all, but i am sure someoe explained to them whats going o at least after them being saved from the Lightbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostheimr View Post
    More accurate would be that Geya'rah is the female orc-raised version of Thrall.
    Not really. She's the daughter of Thrall's parents, she does not share more DNA with Thrall than siblings usually do.

A clone is an identical twin of yourself, something that happens regularly IRL, so even if she was a clone, she would still be his sister. And she's not even that. If they share a birthday, she could be said to be his fraternal twin, separated at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not a relevant subject in almost any conversation.

The Mag'har Clans blend well with the Horde War Machine, what would be the point of talking about timelines?
    Oh yeah totally not relevant that Thrall and Geya'rah are either the same person or siblings.

What does that mean in almost any conversation? Just have them have a conversation about it.

Them talking about it would offer no purpose from a storytelling perspective. It's not character development or anything important. Geya'rah already knows about her connection with Thrall, she doesn't need to remark again that she comes from a different timeline. Thus it perfectly fits as a NPC quote.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Oh yeah totally not relevant that Thrall and Geya'rah are either the same person or siblings.

What does that mean in almost any conversation? Just have them have a conversation about it.
    It will be brought up, when the relationship between Thrall and Geyah'rah becomes relevant. At the moment, it isn't really of importance, as much as I like the parallels between them (a leader who saved their people from one tyranny (Fel/Lightbound) only to hand them over to another tyrannical maniac (Garrosh/Sylvanas))