View Poll Results: At this point do you trust the political polls ANY POLLS?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    11 32.35%
  • No.

    11 32.35%
  • Depends on Source (Give an Example)

    12 35.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,263
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    because that's a true statement, saying "not really" is the same as saying I'm wrong.

    you framed it as being the same as being duped by a street magician in some act as opposed to asking somone in private about things they hold privately. WHICH IS HOW POLLING IS DONE.

    I'm not mad becasue you said I'm wrong, I'm mad becasue of why you said I'm wrong. it's insulting to my intelligence.
    No me saying you are wrong is me saying you are wrong. Me saying Not really, is me saying not really because I don't fucking agree. I don't give a fuck if you are mad. If you weren't mad, reasonable or logical, especially Now after I explained you would go.

    Oh well ok then, or at the very least shut up and be quiet about it and move on from the point instead of hammering at a fucking pointless point. We disagree, unlike some would say we don't have to agree we disagree.

    We could simply move the fuck on


    This isn't about how you think polling is done, or should be. This is about DO YOU TRUST POLITICAL POLLING? FULL FUCKING STOP

    Yes, or No

    You gave your reasons, thanks.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-02 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  2. #42
    I take polls with a hearty amount of salt
    Which means I don't trust them.

  3. #43
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hopefully regardless to polls, I hope people get off their asses and vote, and don't get comfortable. Because I would love nothing more than for polls to be right.
    And IMO that's the biggest takeaway from 2016, get the fuck out and vote. Assume nothing until Biden is sitting in the winner's circle, votes certified, Trump rage-tweeting, and the GOP running into the night.

  4. #44
    Banned Thee ANCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    "so much hatred"
    Posts
    623
    then don't make topics where you say you're open to everyone's opinion and then point out the one you don't agree with and say it's wrong.

    that's a dick move and you know it.

  5. #45
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,637
    Always strange how much more common those sort of posts get whenever some far right nutjob(the GoP, National Rally, Sweden Dems, FvD etc..) is going down in the polls.


    Almost makes you wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    There’s always a lot of talk of a general strike on the left. But it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Just your typical neo-liberal horseshit.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You've spoken entirely in vague generalities. "Sometimes sources can't be trusted." "People often have biases." "Often variables not accounted for." "Certain results." That kind of wording is known as a Proof surrogate, a logical fallacy.

    How often can sources not be trusted? What biases? What variables? How often? Which results?

    What hard, concrete facts based in numbers are you forming your opinions on? Where are the sources and certainties to back up your positions?
    There should be a picture of Trump in that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    What's the conspiracy, that the evidence collected, isn't reliable based on the last few major ones they been pretty well off Election 16/18 are pretty good examples. Your counter argument is what?
    glad someone understands.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  8. #48
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,263
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And IMO that's the biggest takeaway from 2016, get the fuck out and vote. Assume nothing until Biden is sitting in the winner's circle, votes certified, Trump rage-tweeting, and the GOP running into the night.
    Yep, every election I try to car pool and get at least 3 people with when I vote and try to encourage friends to do the same thing, but with the Pandemic, It's tough. I am still trying to get at least 10 people I to ask 3 people each to vote this year. I'll admit I know some Republicans who are voting Biden, I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting some to say they are waiting for a 3rd party.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I take polls with a hearty amount of salt
    Which means I don't trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And IMO that's the biggest takeaway from 2016, get the fuck out and vote. Assume nothing until Biden is sitting in the winner's circle, votes certified, Trump rage-tweeting, and the GOP running into the night.
    based on your previous posting you both trust polls and "understand them".
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  10. #50
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,263
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    then don't make topics where you say you're open to everyone's opinion and then point out the one you don't agree with and say it's wrong.

    that's a dick move and you know it.
    Well not knowing what words mean, or terms or science for that matter, projecting and going off on a rant, when you clearly have been explained is worse. I didn't fucking say you were wrong, I said Not really, because as I said, I don't agree all polls are more sophisticated than a Jimmy Kimmel street segment.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    or just get mad at everyone who doesn't suck up to you and agree with you?
    This forum is like this. Dare you have an unpopular opinion, you will get swarmed and dogpiled by the popular opinion and if you try to fight back against the bias then the mods come swinging at you full force with forum Mjolnir and their deck of red cards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well not knowing what words mean, or terms or science for that matter, projecting and going off on a rant, when you clearly have been explained is worse. I didn't fucking say you were wrong, I said Not really, because as I said, I don't agree all polls are more sophisticated than a Jimmy Kimmel street segment.
    Shhhh. Don't even give it any energy. These people are brick walls. State your opinion and if they don't like it? Fuck 'em. They can't do shit to you.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-02 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  12. #52
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,263
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Shhhh. Don't even give it any energy. These people are brick walls. State your opinion and if they don't like it? Fuck 'em. They can't do shit to you.
    Well for the record Nobody sucks up to me, I am likely one of the most hated here regardless to political leanings. However it's kind of annoying that every single conversation or debate has to devolve into scripts and copy pasta or people saying "I don't know what you mean" in reference to a chain of threads back and fourth they aren't bothering to pay attention to for themselves.

    The devolving into "How fucking dare you say water is wet" cite your sources and parroting argument tactics, is getting old. I was hoping to just stir it back to the main point of do people trust political polls in general. But your right. Not worth the energy.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  13. #53
    Banned Thee ANCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    "so much hatred"
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well not knowing what words mean, or terms or science for that matter, projecting and going off on a rant, when you clearly have been explained is worse. I didn't fucking say you were wrong, I said Not really, because as I said, I don't agree all polls are more sophisticated than a Jimmy Kimmel street segment.
    this is hilarious, the guy that so far, has presented nothing but fee fee arguments to back his positions thinks he can insult me for asking for more than just his word. you're pathetic.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-02 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming

  14. #54
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,263
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    this is hilarious, the guy that so far, has presented nothing but fee fee arguments to back his positions thinks he can insult me for asking for more than just his word. you're pathetic.
    Fill your head with things you don't know or understand, I'll pass.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  15. #55
    Of course not people think Bidens leading and will win.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

    At this point do you trust the polls ANY POLLS if not why not?

    My answer is fuck and NO, most of these political pundits and pollsters don't know shit, at best they all or most demonstrate that this is not fucking science, at least not in it's purest form. This is a at best a template and a thermometer very much relative to where you stick it.

    Most people will fucking LIE if asked point blank, the reason, because even despite what peoples true intentions are, most people especially in general have a fear about what it is and why it is that are asked a question and of course what is being expected.

    It isn't because people are especially evil however in general we are inherently, however we simply are generally dishonest, because the world we live in doesn't make most people feel safe to say what they really think.


    I put depends as an option and a request to give a source, yes 538 even 538, has IMO and I've gotten hell for this, has shit the bed big time in 2016, I am not not just them are fooling themselves.

    I don't think it's on purpose, however their as reliable as Jimmy Kimmels asking random people on the street about if they has sex last night. Most people will answer with what they think others expect of them.
    It's not about trust. Its about knowing how to read a poll, check its methodology, double check its sampling, and realize that even the best poll is given you a part of the picture,

    Do i listen to CNN, Fox, or some anchor's breakdown of the poll? Nope.

    If it is a poll worth its salt it'll post it's data freely and I will read that to determine its validity and what it is showing.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-08-02 at 01:14 AM.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  17. #57
    Banned Thee ANCOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    "so much hatred"
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's nit about trust. Its about knowing how to read a poll, check its methodology, double check its sampling, and realize that even the best poll is given you a part of the picture,
    no that's absurd, you have no idea what you're talking about, go back to the kidde table. /s

  18. #58
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,314
    A better question is if you find polling important... which based on the thread, should obviously be ‘yes’. Now wonder why you find something so untrustworthy, also so important.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  19. #59
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,525
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    based on your previous posting you both trust polls and "understand them".
    And based on your previous posts, you do not.

  20. #60
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    A better question is if you find polling important... which based on the thread, should obviously be ‘yes’. Now wonder why you find something so untrustworthy, also so important.
    Because nothing is on the line, I mean think of it as taking the temperature outside, that really has nothing to do with hold cold or hot it is everywhere. This thread is just about here it means nothing more or less than that.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •