Poll: At this point do you trust the political polls ANY POLLS?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    because that's a true statement, saying "not really" is the same as saying I'm wrong.

you framed it as being the same as being duped by a street magician in some act as opposed to asking somone in private about things they hold privately. WHICH IS HOW POLLING IS DONE.

I'm not mad becasue you said I'm wrong, I'm mad becasue of why you said I'm wrong. it's insulting to my intelligence.
    No me saying you are wrong is me saying you are wrong. Me saying Not really, is me saying not really because I don't fucking agree. I don't give a fuck if you are mad. If you weren't mad, reasonable or logical, especially Now after I explained you would go.

Oh well ok then, or at the very least shut up and be quiet about it and move on from the point instead of hammering at a fucking pointless point. We disagree, unlike some would say we don't have to agree we disagree.

We could simply move the fuck on

This isn't about how you think polling is done, or should be. This is about DO YOU TRUST POLITICAL POLLING? FULL FUCKING STOP

Yes, or No

You gave your reasons, thanks.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-02 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I take polls with a hearty amount of salt
    Which means I don't trust them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hopefully regardless to polls, I hope people get off their asses and vote, and don't get comfortable. Because I would love nothing more than for polls to be right.
    And IMO that's the biggest takeaway from 2016, get the fuck out and vote. Assume nothing until Biden is sitting in the winner's circle, votes certified, Trump rage-tweeting, and the GOP running into the night.

3+ Year Old Account
    then don't make topics where you say you're open to everyone's opinion and then point out the one you don't agree with and say it's wrong.

that's a dick move and you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Always strange how much more common those sort of posts get whenever some far right nutjob(the GoP, National Rally, Sweden Dems, FvD etc..) is going down in the polls.

Almost makes you wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You've spoken entirely in vague generalities. "Sometimes sources can't be trusted." "People often have biases." "Often variables not accounted for." "Certain results." That kind of wording is known as a Proof surrogate, a logical fallacy.

How often can sources not be trusted? What biases? What variables? How often? Which results?

What hard, concrete facts based in numbers are you forming your opinions on? Where are the sources and certainties to back up your positions?
    There should be a picture of Trump in that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

What's the conspiracy, that the evidence collected, isn't reliable based on the last few major ones they been pretty well off Election 16/18 are pretty good examples. Your counter argument is what?
    glad someone understands.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And IMO that's the biggest takeaway from 2016, get the fuck out and vote. Assume nothing until Biden is sitting in the winner's circle, votes certified, Trump rage-tweeting, and the GOP running into the night.
    Yep, every election I try to car pool and get at least 3 people with when I vote and try to encourage friends to do the same thing, but with the Pandemic, It's tough. I am still trying to get at least 10 people I to ask 3 people each to vote this year. I'll admit I know some Republicans who are voting Biden, I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting some to say they are waiting for a 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I take polls with a hearty amount of salt
    Which means I don't trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    based on your previous posting you both trust polls and "understand them".

10+ Year Old Account
    then don't make topics where you say you're open to everyone's opinion and then point out the one you don't agree with and say it's wrong.

that's a dick move and you know it.
    Well not knowing what words mean, or terms or science for that matter, projecting and going off on a rant, when you clearly have been explained is worse. I didn't fucking say you were wrong, I said Not really, because as I said, I don't agree all polls are more sophisticated than a Jimmy Kimmel street segment.

or just get mad at everyone who doesn't suck up to you and agree with you?
    This forum is like this. Dare you have an unpopular opinion, you will get swarmed and dogpiled by the popular opinion and if you try to fight back against the bias then the mods come swinging at you full force with forum Mjolnir and their deck of red cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Well not knowing what words mean, or terms or science for that matter, projecting and going off on a rant, when you clearly have been explained is worse. I didn't fucking say you were wrong, I said Not really, because as I said, I don't agree all polls are more sophisticated than a Jimmy Kimmel street segment.
    Shhhh. Don't even give it any energy. These people are brick walls. State your opinion and if they don't like it? Fuck 'em. They can't do shit to you.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-02 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Shhhh. Don't even give it any energy. These people are brick walls. State your opinion and if they don't like it? Fuck 'em. They can't do shit to you.
    Well for the record Nobody sucks up to me, I am likely one of the most hated here regardless to political leanings. However it's kind of annoying that every single conversation or debate has to devolve into scripts and copy pasta or people saying "I don't know what you mean" in reference to a chain of threads back and fourth they aren't bothering to pay attention to for themselves.

The devolving into "How fucking dare you say water is wet" cite your sources and parroting argument tactics, is getting old. I was hoping to just stir it back to the main point of do people trust political polls in general. But your right. Not worth the energy.

3+ Year Old Account
    this is hilarious, the guy that so far, has presented nothing but fee fee arguments to back his positions thinks he can insult me for asking for more than just his word. you're pathetic.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-02 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    this is hilarious, the guy that so far, has presented nothing but fee fee arguments to back his positions thinks he can insult me for asking for more than just his word. you're pathetic.
    Fill your head with things you don't know or understand, I'll pass.

Of course not people think Bidens leading and will win.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's nit about trust. Its about knowing how to read a poll, check its methodology, double check its sampling, and realize that even the best poll is given you a part of the picture,
    no that's absurd, you have no idea what you're talking about, go back to the kidde table. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question is if you find polling important... which based on the thread, should obviously be ‘yes’. Now wonder why you find something so untrustworthy, also so important.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    based on your previous posting you both trust polls and "understand them".
    And based on your previous posts, you do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    A better question is if you find polling important... which based on the thread, should obviously be ‘yes’. Now wonder why you find something so untrustworthy, also so important.
    Because nothing is on the line, I mean think of it as taking the temperature outside, that really has nothing to do with hold cold or hot it is everywhere. This thread is just about here it means nothing more or less than that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Of course not people think Bidens leading and will win.
    How do you know he isn't?