Poll: X-Box X or Playstation 5 or Other

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Next Generation 9 Console Migration how do you do it?

So Oddly enough with Playstation 5 and Xbox X on the way, the question becomes, how do you get ready to transition and migrate?

I really have enjoyed a bit of the Playstation 4, had it a while, I have a few downloaded titles and what not, but it's really kind of showing it's age. I like to use my console for the media options but over the years it's gotten so slow it's only really good for YouTube and movies here and there.

So I am debating that since the 9th Generation is just around the corner, should I simply start the migration now, unplug, sell my playstation 4, and feed it and games for my PS5 if that is what i am going to get or is it better to wait. Money isn't a huge concern, but, I wouldn't mind getting what I can towards the PS5 and getting the difference.

I know I am not going to play more than one console.

What is your experience in migrating, or are you not, is this your last stop on the consoles, I considered that too or do you keep both, ride the older console until the wheels fall off?

Since we know a lot more about PS5 and X Box X have you finally decided, or have you changed your mind?

I am leaning towards X Box, because I don't want to lose the digital library I built up, but should I show some patriotism and go X Box, I think I still hold a grudge from that Red Ring of Death thing lol
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the Xbox 'exclusives' also being available on PC, and even Steam no less, I highly doubt I will ever get an Xbox at this point. And my PS4 just gathered dust most of the previous generation, plus none of the games shown at their showcase are of any interest to me, so I doubt I will get a PS5 either.

This will probably be the first console generation in my life where I don't get a console.

My last console was PS1 and I'm not planning to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Since the microsoft way is Xbox and Windows for their exclusives they made up my mind for me. I won't be getting an xbox but will be getting a PS5.

Note I am not complaining about Microsoft doing what they are doing, the opposite I applaud them. I just don't think buying an Xbox is a good investment if i can get all the games and cheaper on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    With all the Xbox 'exclusives' also being available on PC, and even Steam no less, I highly doubt I will ever get an Xbox at this point. And my PS4 just gathered dust most of the previous generation, plus none of the games shown at their showcase are of any interest to me, so I doubt I will get a PS5 either.

This will probably be the first console generation in my life where I don't get a console.
    You know when we started this whole thing I never imagined I could ever arrive at this point I would say that. I thought games would always be more fun, and better on console with more amazing ability but, yeah. As for the collecting dust, that's why I am wondering if now is good to sell where I can get the most out of my console, while the platform and industry is making is transition anyways.

As I said everything else I could or want to use it for is soo slow now.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS5, will put off upgrading my PC to next year since Microsoft is moving entirely away from console exclusivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Ps5 for horizon zero dawn sequel alone.. X Box was on my list as well but with all the games i want being on PC i'll hold off. Sometimes i do prefer my couch over my PC but eh. As for transition ? never thought about it, got the new replaced the old, old goes in storage or in spare room, or I give it away.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    Only current console I own is a Switch, and I plan on keeping it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Only current console I own is a Switch, and I plan on keeping it that way.
    That's the only console that looks so fun, I would be willing to own it and my Main, I think my wife might dig it too, Switch looks fun.

I go where the games that interest me are. so it will eventually be ps5. not on release though and I will most likely keep ps4 as a secondary console for whatever - for as long as it keeps working.

unless.. precedent set by RDR2 and Horizon continues.. in which case, I'll just consolidate on pc. nowadays, I'm willing to wait for most games.

Last MS console I had was the 360, last Sony was PS2. Nintendo + PC is best in slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Xbox games also launch on PC....

That said I'm not sure if I'll be going with the PS5 or the eventual ps5-pro that's bound to come in a couple years.

That said, if Xbox actually had some worthwhile exclusives that didn't launch on PC, I'd probably also pick that up sometimes around the next Xbox being announced. I see no point in only having 1 console if multiple have games I want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying a PS5 at launch. No hesitation. However, I'm open to buying an Xbox Series X. I have a very powerful PC for the game dev work I do, but since I work on my PC so much I don't really like gaming on it as much as a console. Right now Xbox has too many unknowns in the first party department, but if they show that they're coming with some quality and quantity I'll probably buy a Series X later in the generation.

PS5 for the exclusives, exlusives suck big time btw but what can you do.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Last MS console I had was the 360, last Sony was PS2. Nintendo + PC is best in slot.
    Yep...gaming PC is and always will be far more powerful than the other consoles, while the Switch gives you unique games you can't get anywhere else, along with being able to take it with you wherever you go. It's win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    PS5 for the exclusives, exlusives suck big time btw but what can you do.
    Not play them, lol. I'm not buying an expensive box just to play one or two games, that will probably run at 30fps anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Yep...gaming PC is and always will be far more powerful than the other consoles, while the Switch gives you unique games you can't get anywhere else, along with being able to take it with you wherever you go. It's win-win.

Not play them, lol. I'm not buying an expensive box just to play one or two games, that will probably run at 30fps anyway.
    That would work if some exlusives weren't so damn good like bloodborne and god of war.

Still it's pretty nice having a console at home too but I will always play my pc the most.
    Do you hear the voices too?

if i do it wont be right away and it will be the xbox. sure the playstation has some interesting games but i cant stand the controller.(among other things)
    i am still curious if Microsoft will still be doing the buy once and own it everywhere thing.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just have one game I want to bring over for now so just have to make sure my shit is all in the cloud