Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW Classic - Actions to Reduce Disruption During AQ War Effort

WoW Classic - Actions to Reduce Disruption During AQ War Effort
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve seen reports that on some realms, players appear to be disrupting those who are working on the Green Scepter Shard portion of the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. Specifically, by bringing uninvolved and low-level characters to engage with a required enemy and buff its stats/abilities.

As we did in original WoW, Blizzard Customer Support is going to take action on players who participate in such griefing, which could include the suspension of the player’s account.

It’s important to note that the key factor here is the presence or absence of a PvP solution. Players who are doing the quest cannot stop same-faction players (or a Normal realm, any players) from running into a boss that has a mechanic that amplifies the boss from that behavior.

Thanks to those who brought this to our attention.

Some of the antics we're seeing over a fucking cosmetic is pretty.....sad, disappointing....unsurprising? Alot of words come to mind.

Also, this petty bullshit makes me thankful for games that have anything of consequence in instances.

If there's one thing the Classic community have proven again and again ever since nostalrius really is that if there's a toxic way to go about things they'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    If there's one thing the Classic community have proven again and again ever since nostalrius really is that if there's a toxic way to go about things they'll take it
    This applies to any community.

Classic... talk about boring as hell topped with toxic people galore i just dont see how people even waste a second on it.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    This applies to any community.
    Any classic wow community that's very true

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Classic... talk about boring as hell topped with toxic people galore i just dont see how people even waste a second on it.
    You don't know how right you are.

I've played since BC (literally the day after the South Park episode first aired) and I was looking SOOO forward to Classic. It was the only content I didn't play in its natural state.

Made it to level 20. Couldn't find anyone to play with who wasn't an asshole. Couldn't find people to quest with. I didn't even find a guild. Finally gave up.

Like...all I wanted from the day they announced classic wow was to see the whole AQ gates event -- the buildup, the donations, all that. I was looking forward to farming and contributing. But it's just been an asshole parade where every float is a different streamer.

Such a shame. Could have been so much more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again the classic community proves extremly toxic... who knew?!

Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post

I think major factor is that players are different. In vanilla it was full of casual people, who weren't gamers, didn't care about competitiveness. They were learning things together, figuring out stuff, talking, asking questions, helping others once they figure out something. They are completely different audience from today's gamers.

This is it, unfortunately.

No news about all the guilds abusing the report system to make sure that nobody except their guild becomes the scarab lord?

Everyone caught in falsely reporting someone should receive at least a 6-month ban - to make sure they don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Once again the classic community proves extremly toxic... who knew?!
    If retail had same level of community engagement, there would be more visible toxicity too, lets not pretend its only problem in classic. The problem is far larger, in internet culture as a whole. People like to find ways to fuck others over, when they can hide behind anonymous online persona.

Classic WoW being full of 30+ year old incel trolls who just want to ruin everyone elses time because they have never found happiness in their lives? that is a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Just makes me glad that I was there for Vanilla the first time, and don't have to see it this current way. (Rolled first toon 1/28/2005)

Community my ass. Compared to Classic, Vanilla was a great community, even if I don't remember it as being as great as some said...
    This whole discussion is pretty dank. There are great communities on classic and there are great communities on retail and in vanilla aswell.

Just like there are trolls/griefers/nolifers everywhere

I is pretty sad that 10% of Classic population is very toxic and this is the face of community.
    Personally i did not even make a step in Silithus (due irl stuff) this week but i regret playing on PvP server.
    People doing these things just to have this slightly different colour mount blows my mind.

Retail level of toxicity is aprox 2% while classic is like 99% thats why retail prevailed.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Retail level of toxicity is aprox 2% while classic is like 99% thats why retail prevailed.
    Retail toxicity is low due:
    - it is basically single player game with almost no player to player interactions
    - you can turn off warmode so nobody will grief you (toxicity in Classic exist almost purely on PvP servers)
    - there is no master looter so you will not get ninjaed
    - no raid/group/server wide quests and bosses
    - you can buy almost everything for gold
    - there are no patterns and ingredients that are hard to get
    - you can sign up for everything withot leaving main city

I am not saying it is better or worse.
    It is just different.

If you play on PvP servers you basically signed up to play with the most toxic players the entire gaming community has to offer. PvP in classic is broken in so many ways it just ain't fun. Broken from individual class level to the fact that a guild can simply deny entrance to any raid or disrupt unlocking of AQ in this case.

On PvE servers it's a completely different story. I've never met so many nice and helpful people in WoW for a long time. We are having lots of fun in our guild, we play together, we help each other, and the only fights we have is that sometimes everyone wants to pass for everyone else on items and we need to dedicate one player to actually take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Prevailed at what? Losing subs cause 8.3 is awful? Even without classic people would have quit 8.3 cause it's so bad. Hopefully SL is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Retail toxicity is low due:
    - it is basically single player game with almost no player to player interactions
    - you can turn off warmode so nobody will grief you (toxicity in Classic exist almost purely on PvP servers)
    - there is no master looter so you will not get ninjaed
    - no raid/group/server wide quests and bosses
    - you can buy almost everything for gold
    - there are no patterns and ingredients that are hard to get
    - you can sign up for everything withot leaving main city

I am not saying it is better or worse.
    It is just different.
    Fully agree. 2 very different games.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Made it to level 20. Couldn't find anyone to play with who wasn't an asshole. Couldn't find people to quest with. I didn't even find a guild. Finally gave up.
    Tbh if everyone around you seems to be an asshole it's possible that you are the problem

I imagine that PVP servers attract a lot of these assholes, but since I play on a PvE server I have yet to even encounter one. If anything everyone I have played so far seemed very nice and were willing to help me with some quests that they already finished. I remember doing the mine quest in Hillsbrad where apparently I was to low level and weak to kill the foreman, there was a higher level player around and I asked him if he could help me kill him. He was kind enough to do so and I thanked him with lots of hugs. If the roles were reversed I would’ve helped him aswell.

I don’t buy that the community on retail is any better (better than the PVP servers probably, but definately not PvE). Its just that there is no community feeling because its such an instanced and singleplayer game that anyone can just clear other than mythics. Also lets not forget that griefers existed in vanilla WoW aswell, we just didn’t communicate about it as much online but on the official forums there were definately a lot of complains aswell.

Good to see them taking actions at least.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-08-02 at 10:26 AM.