Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The problem with class skin/cosmetic visuals added to spells is reflected in warlock's green fire visual. It started off nicely, but with every update to the game, new skills and class reworks, less and less skills use same spell animations as they did in MoP.

What you guys ask for is awesome but the work load around class skins would be much bigger than you imagine. Every time they update/rework the class, they would have to look at those skins too.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The problem with class skin/cosmetic visuals added to spells is reflected in warlock's green fire visual. It started off nicely, but with every update to the game, new skills and class reworks, less and less skills use same spell animations as they did in MoP.

What you guys ask for is awesome but the work load around class skins would be much bigger than you imagine. Every time they update/rework the class, they would have to look at those skins too.
    To be fair, it has a good bit of reusability too, since even if spells are phased out for players they can be used for mobs/npcs and vice versa
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Legion had a lot of talk about "Class Fantasy" But some folks felt frustrated when the Class Halls and Artifacts focused on one particular "Type" of Fantasy (The heavy Vrykul feel for the Warrior Hall without much for Trolls or Tauren and such, and the Paladin feel not having much room for Belfs or Tauren in its aesthetic)

How would you like to see the factions differences in how they handle classes in the future? Like between a Troll Warlock and a Belf Warlock? A Draenei Priest and a Night Elf Priest? Or a Forsaken Mage and a Mag'har Mage?

Different Rep Factions? Class Skins / Cosmetics? Lore Updates?
    Well, that's basically what Vanilla and TBC had until Wrath really began to homogenize things. Sure, it could have been more pronounced in some aspects, but it was certainly more and better with regards to the fantasy than it is now.

i had always wondered that hunters could simply either have a glyph, or some kind of engineering craft (perhaps, this is just an example), where you can apply something to your bow like a scope, but as an additional cosmetic, where all of your ranged attacks have fire arrows/ice arrows/thunder arrows/void arrows. I thought of it from classic where i wondered how people were shooting these blue tinted arrows and realised its the AV rep ice arrows.

Could be an easy way for people to roleplay their dark rangers too with void arrows!

Bloodsail Admiral Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Warrior, sword and board dps spec. Demonology, metamorphosis.

Being a fan of Vanilla Priest racials, I always wanted to see more of that inserted into classes. The only issue is balancing

I'd say for top end balance, solve this issue by homogenizing all talents and racials with 'Mythic Talents' that only apply to top end modes. Everyone gets the same thing because no one seems to play nice at the top end when given fun little choices.

So on to the abilities, I think every race should have Racial Talent options. These all apply to the regular Talent tree as 4th pickable options. Some classes will share some same Race Talent options, like Totem Smash for Tauren prot Warriors and Paladins, or Hex of Shadows for Troll Warlocks and Shadow Priests.

Then on top of this would be special Class skin options. These would be visual and name retheme.