Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My guess is announcement at Gamescom, pre-patch in September and release at the end of October. I think October 27th is a likely date.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    i laughed a bit too hard at this lol
    If the developer says A, but all indicators point to B, I'll go with B every time.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    My guy, there's a 17-page thread on this forum of people arguing about the definition of the concept of fall. We're beyond redemption.
    HAHA yeah, i was referencing exactly that. Not sure if i even bothered posting in that shambles - the real funny part is that thread is just a spin-off of another thread saying it was delayed until 2021. The cycle continues - like the seasons.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    If the developer says A, but all indicators point to B, I'll go with B every time.
    when you say all indicators point to B does that include deliberately manipulating a blue post to make an outrage thread here? asking for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Yes, obviously there is no contract unless you've pre-purchased something.
    Good luck on your lawsuit if it doesnt release within 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    My guess is announcement at Gamescom, pre-patch in September and release at the end of October. I think October 27th is a likely date.
    I thought the actual gamescom was cancelled? There's no reason to wait till someone elses digital event to announce your game, that seems silly.

OT: I have no idea when the game is going to release, but judging by the fundamental things that could still use work I personally hope they delay it to January. Take the time to really make all the classes fun to play without rental powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

look, the last upgrade for cloak will be at the first week of september, so i highly doubt the pre patch will come anytime soon on that month

So i think pre patch is going to be mid october, that gives time for "everyone" to have fun with their cloaks maxed out, with pre patch on mid oct, that mean xpack could launch at early nov

Didn't J Allen Brack say on an interview it would release on November? And not sure if this was before or after the covid-19 pandemic, so, it might even be later than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Toveck View Post
    whats going on? ill tell ya, Blizzards no where near ready to give an official release date yet. there is still alot to test on the beta and alot of us are hopping blizzard would push it back to 2021.
    The only people hoping it gets delayed are the people just waiting to say "I told you so" and hate on Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The only people hoping it gets delayed are the people just waiting to say "I told you so" and hate on Blizzard.
    Well, to be fair, a few in this thread have said if it comes down to rushing out an unfinished product in late November / early December, Vs waiting until January, they would prefer January. I am one of those people.

Personally, i would be stoked if they did a longer than usual pre-patch late this year, and held back on release until things were "ready". I dont mind if things are a bit imperfect during pre-patch - we are only trying out classes and doing outdated content etc, so im not expecting perfection in pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We discussed many times that every day after 17th November makes 0 sense as release date, unless they want to break schedule that has worked pretty well since WoD.

They released W3: Reforged past that date and all they did was apology email, so it's not any legal thing. But nothing on Beta show us there are some problems with finishing expac in time. Also they already confirmed 2020 date twice.
    Covid was always inevitably going to lead to this expansion taking longer, not really about "breaking a schedule that works" or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I thought the actual gamescom was cancelled? There's no reason to wait till someone elses digital event to announce your game, that seems silly.

OT: I have no idea when the game is going to release, but judging by the fundamental things that could still use work I personally hope they delay it to January. Take the time to really make all the classes fun to play without rental powers.
    Even a digital gamescom gets coverage, which is what Bliz is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Didn't J Allen Brack say on an interview it would release on November? And not sure if this was before or after the covid-19 pandemic, so, it might even be later than that?
    No, there was a clickbait article about that but november was never said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Covid was always inevitably going to lead to this expansion taking longer, not really about "breaking a schedule that works" or not.
    They've already compensated for work from home at this point, they're still saying this year pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Based on what? What gives you the impression that in a time of mass delays within the market, including much, much bigger games, what gives you the impression Blizzard will release their product early?
    They've done it multiple times with multiple expansions, with a very similar vibe to now. Lot is unfinished for it being in beta, and they seem committed to releasing it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    It will release on or before 12/31. That's what is going on.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

What's going on?
    Be fucking patient... It's coming... What's the hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Good luck on your lawsuit if it doesnt release within 2020!
    Good luck on getting anything from said lawsuit before the next expansion after SL releases. But hey, that $5 voucher on WoW Services will probably be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Be fucking patient... It's coming... What's the hurry?
    BfA sucks, that's the hurry lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard sets a release date and fails to meet it. Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't manage their time.

Blizzard sets a release date and meets it but the game is more buggy than we'd like: Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't fix their bugs in time.

Blizzard doesn't set a release date: Everybody loses their fucking mind and says Blizzard sucks because they can't provide a release date.

Bottom line: No matter what Blizzard does, everybody will lose their mind over it and there is only one universally held truth: Blizzard sucks.

What's going on?
    You should make one of these threads every day until we have a release date.

Considering that the release date for each of the last 2 expansions has been announced 3.5 months to 4 months ahead of time, it's increasingly obvious that they are targeting a release either in mid-November before Thanksgiving or the first week of December before Christmas vacation (with raids/PvP/M+ starting in January).