Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, you really think it would be different after another few weeks? If they plan for release Nov 17 but can't until dec 1 do you really think anything would change?
    In that scenario? Maybe. However thats 2 weeks, what if it was three like you suggested? Now its 8th December - you think they will launch raids on xmas day? What if it is the first of December - 2-3 weeks before raid launch still puts it very close to xmas. I dont see them releasing raids within 2 weeks of xmas personally.

Its funny to read people talking about this stuff like they're working at blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In that scenario? Maybe. However thats 2 weeks, what if it was three like you suggested? Now its 8th December - you think they will launch raids on xmas day? What if it is the first of December - 2-3 weeks before raid launch still puts it very close to xmas. I dont see them releasing raids within 2 weeks of xmas personally.
    Either Dec 1 or 8th is bad for the game imo. You're talking not seeing season 1 until the second week of Jan. 6 weeks for the 1st, 5 weeks for the 8th, that's never happen before and won't be received well.

No arenas, no m+, no raids. Just nothing but torghast after torghast

Either Dec 1 or 8th is bad for the game imo. You're talking not seeing season 1 until the second week of Jan. 6 weeks for the 1st, 5 weeks for the 8th, that's never happen before and won't be received well.

No arenas, no m+, no raids. Just nothing but torghast after torghast
    So you are suggesting they will hold the release back until the NY? Or that it will be coming earlier in November?

So you are suggesting they will hold the release back until the NY? Or that it will be coming earlier in November?
    It'll either be by Nov 17 or not until Jan IMO

Yup, i think we can agree on that. I realise "i agree" is a dirty thing to say around here, but hey...

Yup, i think we can agree on that. I realise "i agree" is a dirty thing to say around here, but hey...
    SIR! You better go wash those words out of your mouth!

SIR! You better go wash those words out of your mouth!
    Shit, sorry. hang on.....um....

You are wrong and here are 17 out of context quotes from chinese fan sites proving why you are wrong! Also, back in 2005, when talking about a completely different game, this is what Blizzard had to say: "Bla bla out of context quote from well over a decade ago bla bla"

There! Take THAT! Also, logical fallacy bla bla Strawman Bla im right you are wrong, and i am so confident of this fact that i wont be replying anymore!

/Thread!

But yeah, those dates really do seem the most likely - it will be a while before we know more i suspect, but it seems extremely doubtful it will be released "early", because one thing people seem to forget is that everyone has a different environment at home - i have 2 young kids, so working from home during our lockdown lasted about 2 days before i gave up and just waited it out. Im confident some of the team are finding it extremely challenging, depending on their living situation.

Does that mean it will be delayed by months and months? Not necessarily, but i certainly doubt they are making fast progress.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Oh yes, the "online convention/trade fair", sounds legit. Enjoy.
    are online conventions/trade fairs new to you? this isn't the 1970's, stuff like this can easily be done online.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    are online conventions/trade fairs new to you? this isn't the 1970's, stuff like this can easily be done online.
    Isn't Gamescom just an online convention to most people anyway? Like... they can't fit every player in there. Just like Blizzcon, to most people it's just an online affair.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Like Blizzcon kind of already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They do need to be at work to fix their broken launch. And launching in December likely means Christmas raiding which is just shitty.
    The launch will be fine, and nobody said the raid has to open X weeks after launch. They will open the raid whenever.

You talking about season 1 or you talking about SL itself? If the latter, SL can't wait until Jan without causing a huge mess. It will be 2020 whether it is ready or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You talking about season 1 or you talking about SL itself? If the latter, SL can't wait until Jan without causing a huge mess. It will be 2020 whether it is ready or not.
    Prepatch, expansion, or S1?

SL will either be the 17th or not til Jan.

It won't really create much of a mess, just an annoyance to people who wanted it in 2020.

We'll get prepatch this year no matter what I think.

December 8th i think

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    December 8th i think
    Just wondering the logic of a 5 week wait for Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Its funny to read people talking about this stuff like they're working at blizzard
    It's even more funny to read the ones that really think they know what the hell they're talking about.

SL will either be the 17th or not til Jan.

It won't really create much of a mess, just an annoyance to people who wanted it in 2020.
    You are incorrect.

They advertised it as releasing by Dec 31st when they sold it and breaking the promise is more than an annoyance. Countries have laws. You can't sell things with promises and then do whatever you want without consequence.

They made financially material statements about when they would release the expansion. Publicly traded companies cannot make and continue to reiterate financially material statements and then just do whatever they want without consequence.

It would be a significant mess.

You are incorrect.

They advertised it as releasing by Dec 31st when they sold it and breaking the promise is more than an annoyance. Countries have laws. You can't sell things with promises and then do whatever you want without consequence.

They made financially material statements about when they would release the expansion. Publicly traded companies cannot make and continue to reiterate financially material statements and then just do whatever they want without consequence.

It would be a significant mess.
    Man, Square Enix, CDPR, Blizzard, Amazon, and many more must be just in SO much trouble then! but no, they're not, pushing back a release date won't do much, maybe they'll be forced to give out refunds in some countries, but beyond that, nope.