Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Think you'll be spending christmas with your family? It'll release just in time for the holidays...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Like many other said already. We will get a date on gamescom, Will be sooner then December for sure but not earlier then mid October. Have chill man.

I put my ''money'' on 10/11 November.

Edit: Also agree that i wish they would push it back a bit so we dont get a rushed expansion like WoD and BFA. But hey! Better a new game then nothing.
    Last edited by stoffe; 2020-08-02 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toveck View Post
    alot of us are hopping blizzard would push it back to 2021.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who wish for them to take more time into doing it well.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who wish for them to take more time into doing it well.
    time does not equal quality

They are still adding some content in beta, so I imagine it'll be late 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Beta barely got started. Not sure what you're smoking...
    You're in for a surprise.

In the past, we've gotten the release date before beta even started. So it definitely is already ~3 weeks behind their normal schedule. Is it something to worry about? Nah, they have their reasons (covid, U.S. political situation, maybe they've decided to not lock themselves into specific date so early after how they had to push BfA out a bit too early..?). Doesn't mean they are behind schedule in development, but maybe they want to be more careful with what they promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    They have said Q4 many times so i'm not sure where you are getting september from.
    Its most likely somewhere in november
    They have said fall which can mean September release. Is it likely? Hell no, not going to happen. But your facts are simply wrong.

You mean fall right?
    Fall does not start in september in the US.
    Trying to be a smart ass and failing miserably.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-08-02 at 10:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of november is my guess.

We still don't have 9.0 on PTR. When that happens, add 6-8 weeks for prepatch date and then another 4-5 weeks for SL release.

Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    It's still a while off, a few weeks off.

I still expect a late October/early November release. But there’s so much testing that needs to be done so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a mid December release and just blame it on corona.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post

In the past, we've gotten the release date before beta even started. So it definitely is already ~3 weeks behind their normal schedule. Is it something to worry about? Nah, they have their reasons (covid, U.S. political situation, maybe they've decided to not lock themselves into specific date so early after how they had to push BfA out a bit too early..?). Doesn't mean they are behind schedule in development, but maybe they want to be more careful with what they promise.

They have said fall which can mean September release. Is it likely? Hell no, not going to happen. But your facts are simply wrong.

Not all beta's had a launch date announcement for the beta:

WOTLK Beta started on 17th of July 2008
    WOTLK launch date announced on 15th of September 2008 - 60 days after beta

Cataclysm Beta started on the 30th of June 2010
    Cataclysm launch date announced on the 4th of October 2010 - 96 days after beta

MoP Beta started on the 21st of March 2012
    MoP launch date announced on the 25th of July 2012 - 126 days after beta

WoD Beta started on the 27th of June 2014
    WoD launch date announced on the 14th of August 2014 - 48 days after beta

Legion Beta started on the 9th of May 2016
    Legion launch date announced on the 18th of April 2016 - 21 days before beta

BFA Beta started on the 24th of April 2018
    BFA launch date announced on the 4th of May 2018 - 10 days after beta

Legion is the only exception where the announcement was before the beta. But for all the rest it's the opposite.

Before you call people wrong, make sure you know what you're talking about, because it's quite obvious you do not.
    Last edited by Yayeet; 2020-08-02 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    whats missing then?
    The maw, renown still isnt set up yet, nor is how you change covenents fully set, nor is how torghast even fully works, legendary crafting isnt even fully done yet. nor is stuff like the build abom and soul garden.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post

No i'm not trying to be a smartass at all. Fall is literally not september on the US. Its september in the meterological seasons but thats not what the US goes for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Nobody said that.

If you rather have a rushed release thats on you, I dont want the game to be released in a unfinished state.
    Thats literally what you are saying just now.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    BFA data is incorrect. BFA release date was announced on April 5th

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ives-august-14

BfA was announced 131 days in advance. If they wanted to announce SL with the same early notice, this would take us to at least December 11th.

Didn't know, well i just went and fixed it, but yeah, found wowheads post on it, was april
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=283329/...is-august-14th

- - - Updated - - -

You mean fall right?

Fall does not start in september in the US.

Yes it does.
    No i'm not trying to be a smartass at all. Fall is literally not september on the US. Its september in the meterological seasons but thats not what the US goes for.
    Yes they do, because every state "fall" starts at a different time, hell here in canada its fall in only a few weeks, winter starts in october.
    but thats not how we go when we are talking actual dates, cause seasons are just "it feels like X" unless you go onto the scientific level, which it does.

No i'm not trying to be a smartass at all. Fall is literally not september on the US. Its september in the meterological seasons but thats not what the US goes for
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. Fall starts Sept. 22 here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I still expect a late October/early November release. But there’s so much testing that needs to be done so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a mid December release and just blame it on corona.
    Corona isn't going to delay software developers that much, maybe a few weeks, but it's definitely not gonna result in a december launch.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Didn't know, well i just went and fixed it, but yeah, found wowheads post on it, was april
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=283329/...is-august-14th

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does.

Yes they do, because every state "fall" starts at a different time, hell here in canada its fall in only a few weeks, winter starts in october.
    but thats not how we go when we are talking actual dates, cause seasons are just "it feels like X" unless you go onto the scientific level, which it does.
    22 of september qoupled with blizzard saying q4 = not september.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    Corona isn't going to delay software developers that much, maybe a few weeks, but it's definitely not gonna result in a december launch.
    You would be suprised how much it can delay software developers. Its not as easy as just take it home and work from home

100% they will announce it at gamescom for the biggest traction

Tune in tomorrow, for "Third of August and still no SL release date, fanbase in uproar."

Tune in the day after tomorrow for "Fourth of August and still no preview of the expansion coming after Shadowlands, fanbase outraged."

And obviously, don't forget to tune in for the obligatory, daily, pointless thread.

They will release it this year. Everything points to it. You are just a troll
    Everything pointed to them releasing WC3 Reforged in 2019. Then it was pushed back. What makes you think that can't happen to Shadowlands? I mean they can always package it as "we want to release it when it's ready to be released", which isn't even a bad thing to be honest. If they actually make sure it's in a good state to release it in.