Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It's been looking like 2021 release for a while now. I am pretty sure we'll here something concrete at Gamescon.
    Q1 report: On time for a Q4 release
    Jul Stream: See you in the fall

Pohut: 2021 release guys!

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    A vpn conenction isn't exactly hard to setup especially for a company with blizzards resources.

sure it would impact productivity in the very short term, but not so much beyond a few weeks.
    Most, if not all, of their developers already had that setup at home to begin with before the pandemic hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Nono you misunderstand. Its not the vpn connection setup that takes time from the work side(we already had that setup for a few years). Its getting everyone to set up their pc's at home for it and get used to working with it(from their shitty wifi networks that keeps dc'ing them).
    ANd as wer have told you, they have had that set up already. Things are nowhere near where you claim they are.

Most, if not all, of their developers already had that setup at home to begin with before the pandemic hit.
    I don't doubt it i was just pointing out that even if they had been totally unprepared, it's not like it would have cost them months of dev time.

Honestly if i was based in cali remote work would be a neccessitty for me as i would almost constantly baked.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    For everyone talking about delays = refunds etc etc - you are actually wrong. Blizzard is not stupid, they have been including some kind of item / unlock with pre-purchase for a while now, and the moment you load the game and 'use' that item, you void your right to a refund.

Under most consumer laws, you are entitled to a refund for a pre-purchased product anyway, without the delay, so this entire refund conversation is silly. This is so long as you have not received the product.
    1) The first thing is not entirely true. There are several variables such as what is the value of the part of the product you use in comparison to what you ordered. No law in a developed country is so black and white that you can use such simple trick to avoid handling with its purpose.

2) Yes you are entitled to a refund of pre-purchased product, but that doesn't mean you might not be obligated to pay if it causes losses to whoever you ordered from. For example, you cannot go and order a car and before receiving it from the factory simply say "nah I don't want it actually" without consequences. There is a difference between being entitled to a refund with or without any possible consequences.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-08-02 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    1) The first thing is not entirely true. There are several variables such as what is the value of the part of the product you use in comparison to what you ordered. No law in a developed country is so black and white that you can use such simple trick to avoid handling with its purpose.

2) Yes you are entitled to a refund of pre-purchased product, but that doesn't mean you might not be obligated to pay if it causes costs to whoever you ordered from. For example, you cannot go and order a car and before receiving it from the factory simply say "nah I don't want it actually" without consequences. There is a difference between being entitled to a refund with or without any possible consequences.
    You are wrong. Completely wrong. How do i know? Blizzard have successfully used this recently to avoid refunds. I dont know why this is at all difficult to understand - if you Pre-order an expansion, load it up, and start utilizing some of the purchased features - sometimes for MONTHS, you cannot then turn around and say "i changed my mind". The only exception being if the benefits have not been activated at all, eg you get a max level boost, but have not used it.

And stop comparing a purchase of tens of thousands of dollars with a video game - it makes you look foolish.

You are wrong. Completely wrong. How do i know? Blizzard have successfully used this recently to avoid refunds. I dont know why this is at all difficult to understand - if you Pre-order an expansion, load it up, and start utilizing some of the purchased features - sometimes for MONTHS, you cannot then turn around and say "i changed my mind". The only exception being if the benefits have not been activated at all, eg you get a max level boost, but have not used it.

And stop comparing a purchase of tens of thousands of dollars with a video game - it makes you look foolish.
    Except for they aren't completely wrong.

There are variables, and refunds are possible on all levels of pre-orders of shadowlands Dependant on these variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Animron View Post
    What's going on?
    It's not ready yet, we'll get a release date when they feel it's ready enough to warrant one... If they give us a release date without the finish line in sight then they will likely have to launch it in an unfinished state, which is bad for everyone.

I for one would rather they release it when it's ready, a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad, and all that. I don't care if it takes them another 6+ months, as long as they use that time constructively.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-08-02 at 08:48 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

There are variables, and refunds are possible on all levels of pre-orders of shadowlands Dependant on these variables.
    You are both completely wrong, and have provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have explained that blizzard have used the unlocking of allied races to deny refunds, and the level boost. This is evidence to support my claim.

You are both completely wrong, and have provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have explained that blizzard have used the unlocking of allied races to deny refunds, and the level boost. This is evidence to support my claim.
    You saying something isn't actually equivalent to evidence.

I don't understand why you think refunds are somehow bad for Blizzard. Realistically less than 5% will request those if the game is late. More likely closer to 1%. People already paid money and were planning to play anyway. They'll just keep the pre-order. Blizzard are not going to lose any money on those refunds. I can guarantee that.

Australian Law states: When a business accepts your payment for products or services they must supply them to you within the timeframe they have indicated or if no time was specified, within a reasonable time.

Blizzard probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on their when it comes to refunds if they miss the release window they set forth.

I'd say give them their time but I mean, you're all paying $15 a month and getting nothing for it. Let's also not forget how WoD turned out to be after how long patch 5.4 lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Q1 report: On time for a Q4 release
    Jul Stream: See you in the fall

Pohut: 2021 release guys!
    Exactly, this guy here and @Heartbreaker23 prob had some US education
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they are probably waiting for Gamescom, which is end of August, to announce a release date.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm guessing Oct. release.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    They are legally binding in a way (at least supposedly, I haven't read the terms of the pre ordering, but common sense says so), but the consequences for them breaking the "contract" are probably very mild, i.e. having to give refunds for those who want them.
    New world has had 2 solid release dates only for them push it back. The time frame can be changed or amazon is screwed legally in this regard.
    There is no contract. Release dates are set by the publisher to make sure it gets out so it can make money or things end up like star citizen. It has nothing to do with the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    New world has had 2 solid release dates only for them push it back. The time frame can be changed or amazon is screwed legally in this regard.
    There is no contract. Release dates are set by the publisher to make sure it gets out so it can make money or things end up like star citizen. It has nothing to do with the consumer.
    Yes, obviously there is no contract unless you've pre-purchased something.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Australian Law states: When a business accepts your payment for products or services they must supply them to you within the timeframe they have indicated or if no time was specified, within a reasonable time.

Blizzard probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on their when it comes to refunds if they miss the release window they set forth.
    Yes - however, as i have stated, if you have loaded up the game, and used some of the features of that purchase (activated the free boost, played an allied race etc) then your entitlement to a refund is not so clear. Sometimes, they will grant a refund, and remove those features from your account, essentially 'rolling back' the account.

You are correct in most situations though, as the product has not been received, either in part or in full.

I read a few months ago an article that said it is most likely going to be released end of November, so maybe November 23-25?

Yes - however, as i have stated, if you have loaded up the game, and used some of the features of that purchase (activated the free boost, played an allied race etc) then your entitlement to a refund is not so clear. Sometimes, they will grant a refund, and remove those features from your account, essentially 'rolling back' the account.

You are correct in most situations though, as the product has not been received, either in part or in full.
    May not stand depending on the laws of the land.

In the US we get nothing either way, we don't have a lot of consumer protection.

Some may see it as "well you promised you'd deliver by this date, you have to give refunds or we will actually give you trouble."

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I don't understand why you think refunds are somehow bad for Blizzard. Realistically less than 5% will request those if the game is late. More likely closer to 1%. People already paid money and were planning to play anyway. They'll just keep the pre-order. Blizzard are not going to lose any money on those refunds. I can guarantee that.
    To be fair, even the 5% that request a refund will most likely buy it again at launch - no one is going to jail, there will be no lawsuits, the share price wont budge - nerds think they have so much power, when really, they have none. The only people with any power are the ones waiting until launch or later to purchase the product - everyone else is so invested in the game they have literally given Blizzard their money for a product that doesnt even have a release date at this stage - those people are not requesting refunds.