Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are both completely wrong, and have provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have explained that blizzard have used the unlocking of allied races to deny refunds, and the level boost. This is evidence to support my claim.
    You saying something isn't actually equivalent to evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Except for they aren't completely wrong.

There are variables, and refunds are possible on all levels of pre-orders of shadowlands Dependant on these variables.
    I don't understand why you think refunds are somehow bad for Blizzard. Realistically less than 5% will request those if the game is late. More likely closer to 1%. People already paid money and were planning to play anyway. They'll just keep the pre-order. Blizzard are not going to lose any money on those refunds. I can guarantee that.

You are both completely wrong, and have provided zero evidence to support your claim. I have explained that blizzard have used the unlocking of allied races to deny refunds, and the level boost. This is evidence to support my claim.
    Australian Law states: When a business accepts your payment for products or services they must supply them to you within the timeframe they have indicated or if no time was specified, within a reasonable time.

Blizzard probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on their when it comes to refunds if they miss the release window they set forth.

I'd say give them their time but I mean, you're all paying $15 a month and getting nothing for it. Let's also not forget how WoD turned out to be after how long patch 5.4 lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Q1 report: On time for a Q4 release
    Jul Stream: See you in the fall

Pohut: 2021 release guys!
    Exactly, this guy here and @Heartbreaker23 prob had some US education
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they are probably waiting for Gamescom, which is end of August, to announce a release date.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm guessing Oct. release.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    They are legally binding in a way (at least supposedly, I haven't read the terms of the pre ordering, but common sense says so), but the consequences for them breaking the "contract" are probably very mild, i.e. having to give refunds for those who want them.
    New world has had 2 solid release dates only for them push it back. The time frame can be changed or amazon is screwed legally in this regard.
    There is no contract. Release dates are set by the publisher to make sure it gets out so it can make money or things end up like star citizen. It has nothing to do with the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    New world has had 2 solid release dates only for them push it back. The time frame can be changed or amazon is screwed legally in this regard.
    There is no contract. Release dates are set by the publisher to make sure it gets out so it can make money or things end up like star citizen. It has nothing to do with the consumer.
    Yes, obviously there is no contract unless you've pre-purchased something.

Australian Law states: When a business accepts your payment for products or services they must supply them to you within the timeframe they have indicated or if no time was specified, within a reasonable time.

Blizzard probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on their when it comes to refunds if they miss the release window they set forth.
    Yes - however, as i have stated, if you have loaded up the game, and used some of the features of that purchase (activated the free boost, played an allied race etc) then your entitlement to a refund is not so clear. Sometimes, they will grant a refund, and remove those features from your account, essentially 'rolling back' the account.

You are correct in most situations though, as the product has not been received, either in part or in full.

I read a few months ago an article that said it is most likely going to be released end of November, so maybe November 23-25?

Yes - however, as i have stated, if you have loaded up the game, and used some of the features of that purchase (activated the free boost, played an allied race etc) then your entitlement to a refund is not so clear. Sometimes, they will grant a refund, and remove those features from your account, essentially 'rolling back' the account.

You are correct in most situations though, as the product has not been received, either in part or in full.
    May not stand depending on the laws of the land.

In the US we get nothing either way, we don't have a lot of consumer protection.

Some may see it as "well you promised you'd deliver by this date, you have to give refunds or we will actually give you trouble."

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I don't understand why you think refunds are somehow bad for Blizzard. Realistically less than 5% will request those if the game is late. More likely closer to 1%. People already paid money and were planning to play anyway. They'll just keep the pre-order. Blizzard are not going to lose any money on those refunds. I can guarantee that.
    To be fair, even the 5% that request a refund will most likely buy it again at launch - no one is going to jail, there will be no lawsuits, the share price wont budge - nerds think they have so much power, when really, they have none. The only people with any power are the ones waiting until launch or later to purchase the product - everyone else is so invested in the game they have literally given Blizzard their money for a product that doesnt even have a release date at this stage - those people are not requesting refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by c0rnel View Post
    I read a few months ago an article that said it is most likely going to be released end of November, so maybe November 23-25?
    That article was straight BS, Blizzard never said november during the quarterly report they said they got their info from

May not stand depending on the laws of the land.

In the US we get nothing either way, we don't have a lot of consumer protection.

Some may see it as "well you promised you'd deliver by this date, you have to give refunds or we will actually give you trouble."
    Yes, and they can see it that way all they want. Its how Blizzard sees it that is important. A handful of individuals getting their panties in a twist because a video game was delayed by a few weeks isnt going to cause lawsuits.

Yes, and they can see it that way all they want. Its how Blizzard sees it that is important. A handful of individuals getting their panties in a twist because a video game was delayed by a few weeks isnt going to cause lawsuits.
    No I mean some countries with stronger Consumer protection laws.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As usual? As usual was when everybody was complaining that Blizzard took too long with everything. But tell me...what MMO or x-pac of it ever came out "finished"? (whatever that means, because people would bitch and call it unfinished even if it only had 10 bugs)
    Bfa and Reforged are prime examples of unfinished products.
    Maybe you call "barely functional" a finished product, I really don't.

I just pity the art team, they create such wonders, exquisite landscapes to then get filled with what we've been getting for a while.

I just really hope they delay it long enough to give me a few weeks on Cyberpunk, releasing it anywhere close to that game is not a fight they want to get into considering how challenging reception has been to many of SL features and systems.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

No I mean some countries with stronger Consumer protection laws.
    Yes, i understand that, what im saying is that i dont know of any laws that protect you when the product has been partially or fully used, and then a refund is requested purely on the basis of a change of mind.

Either way, nothing will happen - they could delay it until February and nothing would happen. Their share prices wont fall, there wont be mass refunds, people will come to forums like this and swear bloody murder, and then wait until Feb and play it.

Yes, i understand that, what im saying is that i dont know of any laws that protect you when the product has been partially or fully used, and then a refund is requested purely on the basis of a change of mind.

Either way, nothing will happen - they could delay it until February and nothing would happen. Their share prices wont fall, there wont be mass refunds, people will come to forums like this and swear bloody murder, and then wait until Feb and play it.
    Not making a delivery window isn't changing your mind though, many places around the world will basically force them to give refunds and ofc they will lock whatever has been used.

It won't be massive those who do, but either way, I don't think they're delaying to 2021 anyway. Something this big they would have said it by now and not "fall" just a month ago.

High chance of it being pushed out early like Cataclysm and BFA, which is a shame because SL looks like it'd be good if given time.