Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    22,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    It doesent matter bro, didn’t you know the alliance can do know wrong and if they do they have their hero golden retcon it in her latest book
    The latest wow book wasn't written by Golden, but nice try.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  2. #22
    We never got an expansion where true cooperation was a thing. I want the mixing of forces, exchange of weapons. The ability to interact with the opposing faction and form connections. The characters always hate one another in the story purely because they have never worked with each other besides a quick jaunt to put down the big bad.

    I was thinking something like the alliance of the Sangheili and Humanity in Halo.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    What hypocrisy?
    Well that's a point to develop, since the Alliance was so rarely in the position of oppressor, it was never seen too much.

    But the Alliance still has some big "America playing world police" vibe. Acting like they fight for Justice and Protection of the weak, while you can ask yourself if they just don't act for their own interest. But to name a few, there was what ? A bit of prisoner torture ? Dalaran purge ? The NE in Val'sharah who don't even try to purify the furbolg source of corruption and rather have you killing them off ? Didn't they do bad in Pandaria, in the north of Jade Forest ? Also colonisation almost always end up in you being the villain in the eyes of the locals. Shits like that.

    That's why I'd like to see the Alliance take the upper-hand. Once their enemy is defeated and pacified, they'll lose the legitimacy to be violent and everything bad they could do would be seen as bad, even if they try to justify it by saying "But if we don't do it, the Horde might become mighty and hostile again !"

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    No. You're as dense as the stones on the Broken Shore.
    You can swing insults, but have no arguments.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    You can swing insults, but have no arguments.
    Well at least I got something going for me.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    You can swing insults, but have no arguments.
    There isnt really a point to presenting further arguments to you. The one was enough for you to give a response showing you dont give a shit about facts.

    But to appease your trolling...

    Both sides fighting together (pretty stupid in hindsight knowing full well the alliance cant handle teamwork). The underestimated legion brings way more forces than expected. Sylvanas "betrays" varian (rofl) and sounds the horn for retreat, ya know, so both factions dont get killed. Greymane chooses to not tell varian retreat was called. Varian dies because Greymane chose to not tell him about the retreat call. Forum trolls call it betrayal on sylvanas's part.

    (Source: canon lore, not your feelings)

    Oof.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey even Anduin gets angry once in a while. With Wrathion. Not with the Horde ofc.
    Why would he get mad at the horde? It's being run by his homies who just try to please him.

  7. #27
    Nice though it would be, it won't happen. Like someone else said, the writers would give themselves PTSD trying to develop such a story. Instead, the Alliance status quo since Wrath will prevail: sit and wait to be attacked, wring hands over the damage the Horde is doing to itself with bad feelings while ignoring deaths on our side, and rush to comfort them when they fall apart. Also, gauche though it is to quote yourself:

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Blizzard's Laws of Alliance Stances on Horde:

    1. Allowing your people to be slaughtered is wise leadership.

    2. Wanting to fight back or seek justice gets the villain bat.

    3. Any character who speaks out against the Horde will be neutered, killed, or rendered a hopeless amnesiac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    (pretty stupid in hindsight knowing full well the alliance cant handle teamwork)
    All you do is show your bias. Nothing you say has any value.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The reason Varian died is because we underestimated the Legion and he sacrificed himself to save others. I can't really understand why does this argument keep appearing from time to time. What was the Horde supposed to do? Remain and just die, leaving one of the two world superpowers leaderless, so that the Alliance can be happy we all died together? Was the situation in reverse, I'm sure all of the Alliance would gladly die so that they don't "backstab" Sylvanas

    What's funny, people keep forgetting that Jaina was also there. You know, that Jaina who is able to teleport whole armies or flying ships. Yet she didn't do that.



    Can you read more than one question? Because you clearly didn't in this case.
    Ah you know... work with their allies in making a plan rather than unilaterally making decisions?
    Besides, we now know Sylvanas did it very much on purpose.

    The Jaina thing is bad writing. There are many holes in the story.
    For example, the alliance could have used the vindicaar to break the walls of Lordearon like it did Antorus. Yet, it was suspiciously absent throughout the whole war.

    There is no excusing the unilateral horde decision though. That is not how alliances work. We just have to roll with whatever blizzard wants.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-02 at 06:26 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas speech on "You call for peace when it suits you, but you're quick enough to kill" would have made so much more sense.
    It makes sense if you take Sylvanas's words to mean "You call for peace, but you fight back." Like the sociopath she has always been, she sees calls for peace and restraint as weakness, and the fact that the Alliance won't just roll over and die because she wills it infuriates her.

  11. #31
    Fixed that for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No?

    - Anduin: Does not want revenge. Wanted revenge on the Burning Legion.
    - Council of Three Hammers: Do not want revenge. Moria wanted revenge for the death of her Hubby.
    - Tyrande: Wants revenge, HOWEVER she will not start conflict on Azeroth as she is on a journey to Ardenweald in Shadowlands.
    - Mekkatorque: Does not want revenge. Wanted revenge on Sicco Thermaplugg and got it.
    - Velen: Does not want revenge. Wanted revenge for the corruption of his son.
    - Greymane: Wants revenge, and will most likely get it once Sylvanas dies.
    - Aysa: Does not want revenge. Is Pandaren, their whole society has evolved over the years to control emotion to prevent the Sha.
    - Alleria/Umbric: Do not want revenge. Wanted revenge on the Burning Legion./ And Umbric sure is willing to kill the Blood Elves who betrayed them and kicked them out of the city.
    - Turalyon: Does not want revenge. Wanted revenge on the Burning Legion.
    - Jaina: Does not want revenge. Did want revenge but calmed down by the end of BFA.

    So let me ask you again, No?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Fixed that for you:
    You really did not need to "fix" that, since we're talking about revenge against the Horde.
    We each walk a line. Choose yours.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    The reason Varian died is because he trusted Sylvanas. He was the opposite of vengeful.

    Jaina is not vengeful at all.

    Tyrande and Genn are more than justified in their hatred, so were Varian and Jaina.
    Tyrande, yes. Genn, no. Genn's son died protecting him from Sylvanas' attack in an assault she had no choice about carrying out. Varian, also no that was a Legion plan. Jaina, no, the ones responsible for that have been brought to justice, anything more is attempting guild by association.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  14. #34
    If only it was it'd be much improved. But no, even Tyrande is ultimately shown to be content with going after Sylvanas alone.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You really did not need to "fix" that, since we're talking about revenge against the Horde.
    So is the Alliance leadership mostly just vengeful people now?

    Op didn't say anything about it needing to be against the Horde.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So is the Alliance leadership mostly just vengeful people now?

    Op didn't say anything about it needing to be against the Horde.
    NOW. Those people already got their revenge, and thus are not vengeful anymore.

    Once again, MMO-Champion complicating things for no reason.
    We each walk a line. Choose yours.

  17. #37
    Don't project shitty horde mentality onto the alliance. What you're describing are Horde traits you're hoping to see in the opposition.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  18. #38
    Don't worry, the horde will attack the alliance without any reason in the future under the leadership of lightforged reborn Garrosh Hellscream, half of him made out of light and other half made out of sha.

  19. #39
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No?

    - Anduin: Does not want revenge.
    - Council of Three Hammers: Do not want revenge.
    - Tyrande: Wants revenge, HOWEVER she will not start conflict on Azeroth as she is on a journey to Ardenweald in Shadowlands.
    - Mekkatorque: Does not want revenge.
    - Velen: Does not want revenge.
    - Greymane: Wants revenge, and will most likely get it once Sylvanas dies.
    - Aysa: Does not want revenge.
    - Alleria/Umbric: Do not want revenge.
    - Turalyon: Does not want revenge.
    - Jaina: Does not want revenge.

    So let me ask you again, No?
    Alleria and turalyon literally mindfuck civilians to get their revenge on sylvanas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Alleria and turalyon literally mindfuck civilians to get their revenge on sylvanas.
    It's not revenge. It's the pure and completely wholesome judgement of the Light, which is perfect in all ways. /s

    Well, maybe not Alleria. She's up to her eyeballs and beyond in dark, insanity-fueled extra-dimensional weirdness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •