Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Do you know how civil cases work? This was a foolish question. Whether you pay or not is not a matter of your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

So why would you want to send people to jail who did doughnuts that damaged property but didn't hurt anyone?

It seems you are utterly failing at comprehending sentences that have only a hint of complexity. Did you think I meant you personally or you as far as referencing the wider social problem? My fuckign god...

What about when they haven't caused any harm you want to punish people for imaginary damage? Also again most of this country has shit public transit so you want to take away one of the only ways they could travel forever which would then mean you again increase the odds of them falling into poverty and leading to more crime.

If he killed someone it would have been an accident, but he didn't kill someone... so how are you going to try and charge him with some manslaughter charge that doesn't exist?

Did you even read this case? Like did you at all? Like he did doughnuts did not hurt anyone, the police didn't think they would even be charged... but it appears the owners are suing for... tire marks maybe? Which just so happens to be a felony amount.

You sound like a person I think should be in jail already, jail or a place meant to help people with anger issue, and I mean that in all seriousness. The attitude you have often leads people to violence for something they believe is righteous, hence, you are a danger to society.

Guy does doughnuts in empty lot, and leaves some tire marks.

You: THROW THEM IN JAIL TAKE AWAY THEIR CAR AND LICENSE FOREVER!!!!

You're acting like they did doughnuts in the middle of a outdoor fair with people walking around. Like do you know about concepts or words like "scope" and "relativity" and "scale" and "intent"??? Like do you, or are those just a mystery to you?
    Reckless driving and being stupid has killed people, and seeing as how this idiot doesn't care about that factor, yes, I am fine with him facing prison. The truth is he most likely won't but for that to be a real possibility, yep. Again not just stuff, this shit kills people all the time, I am not ok with waiting until this dipshit does.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Wreckless endangerment is pretty serious and appropriate.
    USA's obsession with jailing people without actually attempting to fix the reason why they were arrested is also a pretty serious issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    USA's obsession with jailing people without actually attempting to fix the reason why they were arrested is also a pretty serious issue.
    I mean how else is it gonna keep its pool of slav— sorry, prison labor sufficiently full?

It’s just kinda a bitter truth that the US has yet to find a way to exist economically without exploiting people for free labor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Probably not the same punishment you could get for actually physically assaulting people to begin.

Property damage, fine... why any jail time?

"Oh but they created a dangerous situation!" mmhm did anyone get hurt?
    So if I walk into your home and start shooting my AR15 all through your home, damaging your property. Even thought i created a dangerous situation as long as none of you get hurt I was ok for doing that? bad logic is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Maybe let's not have laws which allows pressing dumb charges in the first place?
    so destruction of property is a dumb charge now?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Reckless driving and being stupid has killed people, and seeing as how this idiot doesn't care about that factor, yes, I am fine with him facing prison. The truth is he most likely won't but for that to be a real possibility, yep. Again not just stuff, this shit kills people all the time, I am not ok with waiting until this dipshit does.
    DOING DOUGHNUTS IS NOT ILLEGAL so go on and explain why you want to throw people in jail for doing something that isn't illegal mind you but was simply in the wrong place?

This is like throwing someone in jail because they drove through a parking lot too fast, and when they came to a stop left tire marks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Tire marks... we are talking about tire marks as the destruction of property. The article mentions it is about "several black marks on the parking deck"

the cops let them go because they didn't even think they would want to charge him

Because they're fucking tire marks... on a parking deck...

I see tire marks in my parking lot. Time to jail like 20 people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    So if I walk into your home and start shooting my AR15 all through your home, damaging your property. Even thought i created a dangerous situation as long as none of you get hurt I was ok for doing that? bad logic is bad.
    did you like not read or something? Did you skip over there are other punishments besides jail.

Also shooting a gun in my home IS ILLEGAL doing doughnuts IS NOT ILLEGAL unless you do them say... on the street where you put pedestrians at risk. Doing them in a parking lot of a parking deck IS NOT ILLEGAL.

The police let him go because they didn't think the person would even want to charge him because again... they were fucking doughnuts.

And what we are talking about. here are TIRE SKIDS IN A PARKING DECK...

Like what the fuck is wrong with you people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I mean how else is it gonna keep its pool of slav— sorry, prison labor sufficiently full?

It’s just kinda a bitter truth that the US has yet to find a way to exist economically without exploiting people for free labor.
    And like they seem obvious to the fact they want to throw someone in jail for... tire skid marks... and then you have Amadeus over here treating doing doughnuts the same as drunk driving except doughnuts aren't illegal... not when you do them in parking lots of parking decks....because you literally take the "reckless" issue out of it by distancing yourself from the public. But apparently he doesn't give a shit about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Don't do donuts in your car or you get criminal Damage to Property, 2nd Degree: Felony; 1 to 5 yrs. in prison, plus fine.
    my first thought was "how does eating doughnuts in your own car cause criminal damage?" then I read the article and realised it wasn't a typo

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    my first thought was "how does eating doughnuts in your own car cause criminal damage?" then I read the article and realised it wasn't a typo
    I first thought it was about someone frying doughnuts in the trunk of his car and selling them on the side of the street...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

DOING DOUGHNUTS IS NOT ILLEGAL so go on and explain why you want to throw people in jail for doing something that isn't illegal mind you but was simply in the wrong place?

This is like throwing someone in jail because they drove through a parking lot too fast, and when they came to a stop left tire marks.

- - - Updated - - -

Tire marks... we are talking about tire marks as the destruction of property. The article mentions it is about "several black marks on the parking deck"

the cops let them go because they didn't even think they would want to charge him

Because they're fucking tire marks... on a parking deck...

I see tire marks in my parking lot. Time to jail like 20 people.

- - - Updated - - -

did you like not read or something? Did you skip over there are other punishments besides jail.

Also shooting a gun in my home IS ILLEGAL doing doughnuts IS NOT ILLEGAL unless you do them say... on the street where you put pedestrians at risk. Doing them in a parking lot of a parking deck IS NOT ILLEGAL.

The police let him go because they didn't think the person would even want to charge him because again... they were fucking doughnuts.

And what we are talking about. here are TIRE SKIDS IN A PARKING DECK...

- - - Updated - - -

And like they seem obvious to the fact they want to throw someone in jail for... tire skid marks... and then you have Amadeus over here treating doing doughnuts the same as drunk driving except doughnuts aren't illegal... not when you do them in parking lots of parking decks....because you literally take the "reckless" issue out of it by distancing yourself from the public. But apparently he doesn't give a shit about that.
    Doing donuts IS ILLEGAL, its considered reckless driving in the US, Also if its making a screeching sound it breaks a different law which is "loss of traction" Its also destroying property if you are leaving marks all over. It can also be considered reckless endangerment if people are around. Parking lots and parking decks ARE NOT YOUR PROPERTY. People and their cars are all over these lots. Your car could throw debris off onto traffic, you could lose control and shoot off the deck into traffic and people. I could go on but clearly you wouldnt understand since you seem to think what was done was not illegal.

The only time this is not illegal is on your own property or in an area where you have been given consent by the owner and in a controlled scenario away from the general public and/or closed off from the public. ie, racetracks ect.

Just because YOU dont think its bad, does not make it not illegal.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2020-08-04 at 01:11 PM.

Tire marks?

These are maximum punishments and aren't usually doled out, unless the defendant is particularly remorseless or a repeat offender. Remember, while this falls under the same law, another person may be charged with the same crime for throwing a brick through a couple of windows. One is definitely a more dangerous, aggressive act, but the law applies to both situations.

At worst this guy will see is community service and repaying the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet pedophiles and some rapists get less . . .
    Putin khuliyo

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And fat chance them being used as sla- I mean prison labor, unlike non violent criminals like marijuana smokers, some of which who are still in jail even though the state they are in legalized it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true, I don't feel bad for the subject in the OP, but this is a great counter, should he face up to 5 year to me? Yes

But in a world where who you said gets less? No

The problem is you can kind of always say that
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account

uh not jailing 20 people drama queen give it a rest. The guy won't go to prison so stop acting like he will.

- - - Updated - - -

another drama queen no they don't. grow up already.

- - - Updated - - -

Tire marks?
    I don't know the extent of the tire marks nor do I know the previous condition of the whatever he did donuts on. You don't fuck up other people'/ shit and not expect some sort of consequence. Ignore the drama queens who are making it sound like this guy is going to federal pound you in the ass prison cause he won't he will pay a fine and maybe be on probation for a few months.

I don't know the extent of the tire marks nor do I know the previous condition of the whatever he did donuts on. You don't fuck up other people'/ shit and not expect some sort of consequence. Ignore the drama queens who are making it sound like this guy is going to federal pound you in the ass prison cause he won't he will pay a fine and maybe be on probation for a few months.
    Tire marks. Common, what more you need?
    Also, yes, he wont. So why press the retarded charges in the first place? USA prisons do not rehabilitate, as we know. There is nothing good for anyone jailing this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tire marks. Common, what more you need?
    Also, yes, he wont. So why press the retarded charges in the first place? USA prisons do not rehabilitate, as we know. There is nothing good for anyone jailing this guy.
    Why press the charge? More than likely to teach the dipshit a lesson. He won't get jailed he is already back on the street doing something stupid I'm sure.

Why press the charge? More than likely to teach the dipshit a lesson. He won't get jailed he is already back on the street doing something stupid I'm sure.
    So now we "teach lessons" by threatening criminal charges? Nice one.
    Also, he might be, he might be not, you are just guessing.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a pretty awesome example of people arguing about the dumbest shit possible.

Also, if it's the law, it's great is a really really really stupid side to be on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you somehow not read your own source where you are literally held responsible to pay this debt?
    I mean.....

Civil judgements are not a guarantee of payment. A judgement simply means that a court has determined that someone owes you money. It is up to you to collect the judgement.

How much you gonna spend in a attempt to get that money from me?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2020-08-04 at 10:48 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.