Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are being condescending, because you presented a biased piece that you have even stated is biased.

Think about that one...
    Everything is biased in the USA right now. You, me, your granny.......I made a quick guide on how to cut through as much bullshit as possible a few posts up if you need to reference it. It still requires a healthy amount of skepticism and common sense though and from what I've seen in 2020, not a lot of us left who possess that.

That's all folks need to do.....take a step back, take a deep breath and really figure out what is going on, what needs to go on and what the difference in right and wrong is. Everyone who lacks a moral compass will keep rioting in the streets for causes they can't even properly define, really just using the few peaceful protesters as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    Here is what the constitution actually says: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the right of the people peaceably to assemble

PEACEABLY

You obviously have never protested but you're supposed to get a permit to do so in most places in the USA and no, they don't restrict those permits for bullshit reasons. Unless you want to protest on private land or your protest would block something like access to a hospital, they won't say no and honestly can't.

You DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to block traffic though, you can't point your AKM at people trying to go to work like Garrett Foster did, you can't do most of the things we're seeing on TV.

There is nothing fascist about arresting people for throwing IEDs at federal property like Antifa protester Gabriel Agard-Berryhill, there is nothing fascist about arresting people like BLM protester Shaelyn A. Reed for assaulting a member of a peaceful counter-protest.

Fascism is something with a specific definition and nobody born and raised in the USA in the last 100 years has experienced that. You're discrediting the survivors of ACTUAL fascism with this LARPing bs
    So, let people peaceably assemble. Arrest anyone who is harming others, or destroying property. Otherwise, leave them the fuck alone. Stop targeting journalists, stop harming and detaining innocent people.

Now, if those there the only people detained, you'd have a point. As we all know, those were not the only people detained... were they?

The fact that they detained so many people, and released almost all of them... proves my point for me.

Now, I'd love to be able to identify all the offers who did that... alas, they were hiding their identity, and even agency affiliations.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-08-03 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If that's what you wish to believe that is your right. You didn't explain anything and i certainly don't need a person who tries to tell me fox news is actual news about the process of critical thinking, what is apparent to me is an alien concept to you

See, i can easily beat you on being condescending without even breaking a sweat
    You're resorting to strawmen and that's really not necessary. I know fox news is slanted, that's why i don't watch it. I also have enough common sense to know everyone else is slanted too and that's ok. I don't need to be spoonfed information to digest it, I can usually figure it out and in teh few cases where I can't make heads or tails of it, or it just doesn't make sense (like all the BIPOC arrested lately and labeled white supremacists lol) i'll happily discount it.

One of my worst fears is to cite something that is made up or spun 180 degrees the other direction. That's no way to live life. I don't know how some of you can stand it. I'd rather be miserable, unhappy and suicidal than ignorant and happy any day.

Maybe that's just the burden folks like me have to bear so that others CAN subscribe to "ignorance is bliss"

Everything is biased in the USA right now. You, me, your granny.......I made a quick guide on how to cut through as much bullshit as possible a few posts up if you need to reference it. It still requires a healthy amount of skepticism and common sense though and from what I've seen in 2020, not a lot of us left who possess that.

That's all folks need to do.....take a step back, take a deep breath and really figure out what is going on, what needs to go on and what the difference in right and wrong is. Everyone who lacks a moral compass will keep rioting in the streets for causes they can't even properly define, really just using the few peaceful protesters as cover.
    So, I should use your biased "quick guide?"

Let me know when the irony sinks in.
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

So, let people peaceably assemble. Arrest anyone who is harming others, or destroying property. Otherwise, leave them the fuck alone. Stop targeting journalists, stop harming and detaining innocent people.

Now, if those there the only people detained, you'd have a point. As we all know, those were not the only people detained... were they?

The fact that they detained so many people, and released almost all of them... proves my point for me.
    You mean like the federal government was doing? They were attempting to enact law and order ONLY on the worst offenders (those who had committed violent acts on camera or those who were destroying property on camera) due to the local government taking a hands off approach (like in minnesota where their new guidelines say to allow people to rob you and not to fight back or call 911 because they can't help).

Man, you are trying to talk out of both sides of your face and it's getting neither of us ANYWHERE. Just be objective, that's all I demand. Not even going to threaten to burn your business down or request 1.5% of your daily take like BLM did in Louisville.

You mean like the federal government was doing? They were attempting to enact law and order ONLY on the worst offenders (those who had committed violent acts on camera or those who were destroying property on camera) due to the local government taking a hands off approach (like in minnesota where their new guidelines say to allow people to rob you and not to fight back or call 911 because they can't help).

Man, you are trying to talk out of both sides of your face and it's getting neither of us ANYWHERE. Just be objective, that's all I demand. Not even going to threaten to burn your business down or request 1.5% of your daily take like BLM did in Louisville.
    "Law and order," that's what fascists call it.

They detained innocent people. So, all your whining about those named people is meaningless, because they went after INNOCENT PEOPLE who were ASSEMBLING PEACEFULLY.

Stop pretending you are objective, nobody buys your bullshit.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    OP is clearly heavily biased in a certain direction.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Full/High WoW servers for EU, Retail: 79. Literally zero change from 1 month ago, not counting Russia, obviously. Also, every BfA Quarterly report says Hi.
    People more in tune with their feelings than facts: bUt ThEy BLeEdING SuBs hUrR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    OP is clearly heavily biased in a certain direction.
    He's lying, and saying others are just not objective like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    So even the Fox News article is mentioning that said business owner still stands with BLM, and that link Shadowferal provided adds some additional context and information on what is happening in Louisville. I think OP is making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Uhhh....i posted that same link in this same thread lol. This is a great example of people being blind to what they don't want to see, i guess. There was no context other than "these demands were posted on our door and this is why we're protesting against them".

The cuban community still isn't denouncing BLM because that's how we're wired, to believe in SOMETHING even when evidence points to the contrary. If BLM follows through with their threats and destroys these businesses, those same Cuban business owners will demand action from the police and government they say they want to defund.

We're seeing a lot of that lately, a lot of "i hate police" then when shit affects them, that's the first people they call.

Look at portland's massive rise in gun crimes lately due to the local liberal government defunding the local police and removing the group who SPECIFICALLY counter gun crime in the area. Now even the people who voted to dismantle that squad are scrambling.

Look at the rate of black on black violence in places like Chicago right now, on pace to more than DOUBLE last year's death count (and be the highest in history). People can overlook what they want to so that they can see what they want to. It's a useful skill sometimes, but not when it comes to the foundations of civilization.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    He's lying, and saying others are just not objective like him.
    Typical gaslighting tactics for sure. Very unfortunate that some people are so void of self-awareness.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Full/High WoW servers for EU, Retail: 79. Literally zero change from 1 month ago, not counting Russia, obviously. Also, every BfA Quarterly report says Hi.
    People more in tune with their feelings than facts: bUt ThEy BLeEdING SuBs hUrR!!

You're resorting to strawmen and that's really not necessary. I know fox news is slanted, that's why i don't watch it. I also have enough common sense to know everyone else is slanted too and that's ok. I don't need to be spoonfed information to digest it, I can usually figure it out and in teh few cases where I can't make heads or tails of it, or it just doesn't make sense (like all the BIPOC arrested lately and labeled white supremacists lol) i'll happily discount it.

One of my worst fears is to cite something that is made up or spun 180 degrees the other direction. That's no way to live life. I don't know how some of you can stand it. I'd rather be miserable, unhappy and suicidal than ignorant and happy any day.

Maybe that's just the burden folks like me have to bear so that others CAN subscribe to "ignorance is bliss"
    Oh wow, you know went from knowingly posting a source that is not just biased by your own admission but also generally fabricates stories to suddenly claiming to be more enlightened than others, the point i made about being condescending really went over your head didn't it.

If you wish to believe that you are more informed than others, you are free to do so. Not sure where i said anything about being only being able to digest easy information, considering i even spoke of critical thinking but wait what was that you said about making strawmen arguments?

Might want to take a step back and breath as your post are reading as rants.

Uhhh....i posted that same link in this same thread lol. This is a great example of people being blind to what they don't want to see, i guess. There was no context other than "these demands were posted on our door and this is why we're protesting against them".

The cuban community still isn't denouncing BLM because that's how we're wired, to believe in SOMETHING even when evidence points to the contrary. If BLM follows through with their threats and destroys these businesses, those same Cuban business owners will demand action from the police and government they say they want to defund.

We're seeing a lot of that lately, a lot of "i hate police" then when shit affects them, that's the first people they call.

Look at portland's massive rise in gun crimes lately due to the local liberal government defunding the local police and removing the group who SPECIFICALLY counter gun crime in the area. Now even the people who voted to dismantle that squad are scrambling.

Look at the rate of black on black violence in places like Chicago right now, on pace to more than DOUBLE last year's death count (and be the highest in history). People can overlook what they want to so that they can see what they want to. It's a useful skill sometimes, but not when it comes to the foundations of civilization.
    You mean like how you are overlooking the abuse of power by police officers?

Let me know when you realize you just argued against yourself, and lost.

Are they really trying to create an extortion from this?

I honestly did not see that you posted the same link. Maybe I am blind sometimes, though probably not in the way you mean.

Still, I don't understand how you can come to the conclusions you do, or make the claims that you do. It seems very sensationalistic and misleading to me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Oh wow, you know went from knowingly posting a source that is not just biased by your own admission but also generally fabricates stories to suddenly claiming to be more enlightened than others, the point i made about being condescending really went over your head didn't it.

If you wish to believe that you are more informed than others, you are free to do so. Not sure where i said anything about being only being able to digest easy information, considering i even spoke of critical thinking but wait what was that you said about making strawmen arguments?

Might want to take a step back and breath as your post are reading as rants.
    Man, I'm not ranting at all. I'm not even mad about any of this stuff anymore, leaning more toward complete numbness now. Had some really horrible family shit happen last week and been averaging about 2-4hrs of sleep per night as a result...but I'm not mad.

I just think it's important to discuss things openly. I haven't made a single false claim in this thread and I believe that's important. If i need to source every comment like this https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...black-trump-s/ where trump supporters are stabbed even when they're black for people to believe it then I guess I will.

From the replies in this thread though it's clear a lot of folks have some soul searching to do. It's easier to be mad at everyone for something you can't do anything about than it is the actual people responsible and that's mostly what is happening, people are mad and don't really know who to be mad at because the people calling the shots aren't people you can directly reach

There is a thread for this in politics. Continue relevant discussion there.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-03 at 02:34 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."