Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...selling/601683

They are if any member is/has been associated with Gallywix.

Sorry, I don't think it is sensible to risk it.
    If you're this paranoid, why are you concerned about raiderio? This level of paranoia would necessitate never grouping with anyone.

That's not what I'm asking for.

I'd remove all other options for boosting for two reasons:
    * It can get you banned if you buy/sell a boost with a current/ex-Gallywix member
    * It can cause poor outcomes for other players if they obtain a key illegitimately

Premade groups queuing for LFM+ will always use the lowest key bracket.

For example, a player with an M+15 key, with a friend with an M+2 key, assuming that they "three-chest" every run, would have to run:
    *an M+2 (in the 2-3 bracket),
    *an M+5 (in the 5-6 bracket),
    *an M+8 (in the 8-10 bracket),
    *an M+11 (in the 11-13 bracket),
    *an M+14 (in the 14-15 bracket), and
    *an M+15.

Currently, the M+2 player gets boosted through M+15 using a single M+15 key. The M+ queue would make it at least six times as long and help kill the ongoing boosting debacle.

It would also be possible to remove ladder skips, forcing an extra two M+ completions at the M+4 and M+7 bracket.
    If you get banned because you buy boosts via reallife money, no one will care. It's just stupid, everyone knows this.
    Boosting via gold is totally fine, blizzard never said anything against it - and will never. You trade an ingame currency.

This system is still boostable and in the end it will hurt other people MORE than before.
    Why? Because someone that unlocked 15s via boosting is able to random-queue for 15s and ruin these runs.
    It's way, way worse than the usual non-automated queue system. You can't be serious about this, like.. really?
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-08-21 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    Gearscore is not the same as item level. Ilvl did technically existed since classic as it was the "hidden" item budget. You needed addons to actually see it though. Gearscore, as the name says, tried to put a score on your items. The number you got was neither your total item level or average item level. Obviously it was tied to item lvl but it is not the same.

You could see the average item level with addons during that time already, with Examiner for instance.
    Oh im fuckin sorry, yes it calculated resilence and set bonuses a lil bit but it gave no fucks about your secondary stats beyond that. It was literally just a ilvl with sprinkles on top.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Sadly it wont help banning Raider IO. If it were banned, something else would replace it. Its been like that forever, especially in the pug scene. Back in "the old days" you were required to meet up with raid leader so he could see your gear, or he checked you on armory.

If IO is banned, something else comes in

10+ Year Old Account
    Twdft, that is your interpretation. I interpreted it differently. I have not twisted any words; I understand that that is your interpretation of my posts, but it simply is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you're this paranoid, why are you concerned about raiderio?
    I'm not concerned about raider.io; I just believe its days are numbered as I also believe that Blizzard will start cracking down on boosting like they have done in the past.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I'm not concerned about raider.io
    Why are you in this thread then if you don't care one way or the other?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    IBecause someone that unlocked 15s via boosting
    How? I think that I have missed a step in your explanation, but are you talking about an M+2 player boosted to M+15 in one run or eight?

If boosts are disincentivised by temporal restrictions, less boosted players will be in an M+15 run, and hence a feedback loop is created. Boosting takes longer, less boosts happen, price becomes extortionate, less players buying boosts, boosting takes longer for booster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Why are you in this thread then if you don't care one way or the other?
    OP wants raider.io removed; he shouldn't worry, as nothing lasts forever and I am of the opinion that it will eventually be defunct.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

How? I think that I have missed a step in your explanation, but are you talking about an M+2 player boosted to M+15 in one run or eight?

If boosts are disincentivised by temporal restrictions, less boosted players will be in an M+15 run, and hence a feedback loop is created. Boosting takes longer, less boosts happen, price becomes extortionate, less players buying boosts, boosting takes longer for booster.

- - - Updated - - -

OP wants raider.io removed; he shouldn't worry, as nothing lasts forever and I am of the opinion that it will eventually be defunct.
    It doesn't matter if a player is boosted from 2 to 15 in 8 runs or not - if he UNLOCKED your system (i.e. has been boosted up to 15) he's going to bother random people that want to do smooth 15s.
    Wrong take on this my friend - you have to only buy a boost to 15 once and then you can just run as many 15s with random people as you wish.
    Right now people that can't play 15s buy boosts for those, on a weekly basis. In your system, this one player would buy his 4-8 runs ONCE in the WHOLE season and then bothers people that played up regulary and actually are ABLE to do these key levels.
    And no, before you start say it - right now you see people that have been boosted if you got eyes in your head, which means that those boosted people can NOT join pug groups and bother those people like in your system.
    Your system encourages so much more toxicity... it amazes me how you can really think this idea is.. good?

10+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with R.IO is that I have to update the addon manually everyday , so I have to open that abysmal Twitch Client at least once a day just to keep it up to date.

Other than that, I like the addon. And this is coming from a person who does not play a meta spec and came late to the season (thus getting declined a lot and having to do low keys just to farm some score).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    you have to only buy a boost to 15 once and then you can just run as many 15s with random people as you wish.
    If they fail the run all keys deplete. They won't be at 15 for long.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Grakao View Post
    My only problem with R.IO is that I have to update the addon manually everyday , so I have to open that abysmal Twitch Client at least once a day just to keep it up to date.

Other than that, I like the addon. And this is coming from a person who does not play a meta spec and came late to the season (thus getting declined a lot and having to do low keys just to farm some score).
    Do you know that raider.io has a Windows app that updates the scores automatically (4x per day iirc).

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Do you know that raider.io has a Windows app that updates the scores automatically (4x per day iirc).
    Yeah, LOL -- I was just about to post this. The app itself is relatively light-weight and pretty easy to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Nah, I prefer to see the data in-game, hence the addon. It is a minor annoyance anyways.

Nah, I prefer to see the data in-game, hence the addon. It is a minor annoyance anyways.
    You download the addon once, set it to never check for updates in twitch then just use the windows app to automatically keep scores updated.

15+ Year Old Account
    The raider.io app keeps the data you are referencing in game through the addon up to date. It's all just a text file on your system. The in game addon doesn't connect to their website.

- - - Updated - - -

Twdft, that is your interpretation. I interpreted it differently. I have not twisted any words; I understand that that is your interpretation of my posts, but it simply is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not concerned about raider.io; I just believe its days are numbered as I also believe that Blizzard will start cracking down on boosting like they have done in the past.
    I believe that if I pray to an Oak tree it will grow apples but it never seems to happen. Blizzard only cracks down on real money trades which means people are profiting off Blizzard's hard work and Blizzard doesn't get a cut of it. They will gladly sell you a token for gold as the money goes to Blizzard.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I believe that if I pray to an Oak tree it will grow apples but it never seems to happen.
    It'll happen if you graft; that is, if you really want it to happen, someone needs to do something about it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Love it when people blame a tool, addon, or arbitrary number for their failings and shortcomings.

Oh boy.

Honestly I'm pretty fed up with the m+ scene. At this point I think being able to run with NPC AI party members for M+ would be good thing for game (assuming it can perform at an acceptable level). Eliminates many of the issues people have with the system such as not being able to find tanks, not getting invited into groups etc. Let people play the game, if they can't clear it with the bots then tough luck and get good, but people shouldn't have to jump through a hoop of fire to get into a dungeon group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozey17 View Post
    Honestly I'm pretty fed up with the m+ scene. At this point I think being able to run with NPC AI party members for M+ would be good thing for game (assuming it can perform at an acceptable level). Eliminates many of the issues people have with the system such as not being able to find tanks, not getting invited into groups etc. Let people play the game, if they can't clear it with the bots then tough luck and get good, but people shouldn't have to jump through a hoop of fire to get into a dungeon group.
    Really bad idea, go and play a single player game if that is what you want. Mythic+ is group content, just like raiding. If you are having trouble finding groups, join a community, a guild or find friends. It is very quick and easy to get into mythic+ groups if you are semi-serious about it too, I am not in a guild and I play with my brother, we never struggle to get groups and when we were low Raider IO we just made our own groups. Soo many people just can't be bothered with making their own parties, or putting in effort or the scariest thing I find a lot is that quite a few people just don't want social interactions, they don't want to deal with other players... IN AN MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Love it when people blame a tool, addon, or arbitrary number for their failings and shortcomings.

Oh boy.
    Them people will do blame anything before looking inwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Raider.io is just a tool. If you dont like it, run with guild groups. If your IO is low, start slow. It takes time to go from shit IO to an IO that people will invite you. Just FYI, even with good IO certain classes still have a hard time pugging because people believe the DPS ranking lists.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG