Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    On communism: the nicer you expect people to be, the less likely that system is going to work out as planned. On the other hand giving assholes free reign means you are going to live in hell.

    Same goes for gold selling: Blizzard knows that they cannot fully prevent it, because people want to cheat and advance without actually playing the game. That's why the Blizzard RMT exist, and that's why they usually overlook small traders. But as soon as anyone becomes too disruptive they will remove them.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You think what you say matters when you're an advertiser, the lowest "rank" there is? Nobody cares about the advertisers. I mean.. come on.
    You really think I am gonna care about what somebody with a PORN SITE in signature, have to say?


    My "lowest" rank was making me 5 milions per week, while you flip burgers to buy tokens.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Old people remembering it fondly means nothing. Some people in Russia to this day hold Stalin in high regard. World seems better when you are young, get certain freebies from the gov and propaganda pumps your brain for decades. I also come from Soviet block country, and we also didn't have millions of killed, but repression was there. No freedom of speech, kidnappings, torture and murders were not uncommon. Friends father got sent to do 3y of forced, hard labour in mine, because they found an old, rusty rifle in his house. It ruined his health.
    Yep,i agree,some people had it bad some had it better/good,but i was simply calling out the ludicrous statement he made that ''EVERY COMUNIST COUNTRY RESUTLED IN BILIONS DEAD LULW''...and the stalin analogy is a bit sily,as he dies in 53,most people who knew him are either dead or in their 80's,for people in my country its fairly recent,my grandma was a full grown adult and remembers how much better her life was than today,the ease of affordability she had then with her money vs now was much bigger,my grandparents got a house with their own money,got everything for the house,a car,and my grandpa had enough left to open a shop when he retired,by comparison i make far more money than they did but i cant even dream to do all those things at the age they did

  4. #84
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I'm actually shocked by how many people are surprised by this news. Like, are people really that oblivious?
    Well...I wasn't aware of that until now at all. Didn't see any threads about it on the forums here and those guys don't advertise on my server. Or do you have to be hanging out in your capital city to see it? Never saw an advert when doing the mission tables, when using the portal rooms and at other times I am out questing and doing stuff.

    Though I am not shocked at all that people do this kind of stuff. I just wasn't interested in it (to pay a third party for help) and maybe that is why it passed under my radar

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont think people have issues with these services because they maybe cant afford it,thats just silly,people mostly hate it because of the spam,because when they open the group finder 90% is advertisement,also i find it odd that you say RMT should be banned....but...wasnt gally doing that?or am i missing something here

    also blizzard could easily fix this by opening up a dedicated channel/group finder simply for these things,my guild also boosts for gold and it gets rly annoying getting muted every day and unmuted after a quick ticket because blizzard itself isnt sure on what its own rules about this is
    Well that is a problem NGL, that Blizzard could have fixed making separate trade channels or a video to help people turn off trade chat.









    Also the fact that a tiny minority in Boosting Community do this fishy stuff behind management back is a sad reality, and unfortunately all the community that works with gold only get cucked

  6. #86
    Also is funny people are jerking off this investigation


    While is literally Blizzard the main reason RMT exist, when wow have a pay2play aspect like Corruption BoE or BoE and Tokens, is pretty obvious that people will buy tokens to get gold or buy golds from other sites that are cheaper than tokens.


    Blizzard Balance? GIFTABLE? Guess what that is still RMT.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    40y old boomers crying for Trade Chat spam because they can't use Trade Chat like a forum asking stuff that you can ask on forums.

    Now that Blizzard is investigating and boosting community are hiding, the trade chat are empty because nobody cares to talk to other people on Live.


    This is hilarious
    I don't see how that's a downside. It's like complaining that your letter box is constantly full of junk mail you don't want, then it stops and you don't get anything in your mailbox because nobody cares to send letters to other people.

    This isn't a problem. This is what I'd want.

  8. #88
    Blademaster Cnfzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    25
    ITT: PragerU explains communism.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I don't see how that's a downside. It's like complaining that your letter box is constantly full of junk mail you don't want, then it stops and you don't get anything in your mailbox because nobody cares to send letters to other people.

    This isn't a problem. This is what I'd want.
    Not every server had that issue.

    There are multiple channel, trade chat isn't General or Advice asking, you can hide/mute/delete the channel and puff no more spam.

    Is something a 5y old toddler can do easily.



    If you are gonna tell me that LFG Advertising is a mess, I'm with you, but that is also due to how shitty is LFG UI in game

  10. #90
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Some people don't seem to understand that ever since WoW tokens became a thing gold = real money (with a little bit of laundering). Sure, it combated gold sellers, but as a side-effect it made gold something you can buy for $$$ directly from Blizzard.
    Now considering you can buy raid-tier BoE items, consumables and services from boosting guilds one could (should) say that WoW is pay-2-win.
    What I'm trying to say is that WoW token is ruining not only the game's economy, but also the game itself. While I'm at it I still can't believe Activision-Blizzard has the audacity to implement a cosmetic cash shop after taking money for the base game (and expansions) AND a subscription.
    Absolutely disgusting.
    No MMO can survive just off sub money. You just can't anymore. Look to all the others. They went free to play, or sub with a shop, or a mix.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol,plenty of comunist countries that havent resulted in deaths,cuba is actualy a country that did fairly well,far better than what was before atleast
    By fairly well you mean killing thousands of their own people, chasing 10% of their people onto rickety boats where they escaped to the US, putting thousands more into political prisons, forced labor camps, and locking dissidents away in mental institutions where they were tortured?


    ,vietnam is doing ok these days,
    Human Rights Watch would likely disagree with you, as would the Degar peoples and the boat people who fled. But "these days" ignores a history of mass killings of hundreds of thousands, political prisons, forced labor prisons, and execution of landlords.


    my own country used to be in the soviet block and i can tell you for sure that there was no ''milions of deaths'',in fact the older people today remember that period with fondness as they could afford anything they needed,something that today isnt the case
    Which country was that? Mass murder was the go-to tactic of the Soviets. This isn't exactly up for a debate outside of post-soviet revisionism, especially in Crimea at the moment. As far as I know no country was spared. As for the "old people remembering it fondly" I sincerely doubt it. I know some people, mostly those who were born late into the USSR or afterwards pine for the lower crime and structure that totalitarianism offered, but the older people never seem to want to go back to when there was no food to eat and their neighbors would disappear in the middle of the night. The older people don't want to live through another Holodomor, or the gulags, or the KGB.

    also,no current or past comunist country ever claims/claimed they are a comunist country but rather strive for the ideal of it
    The problem is that ideal is not reachable. So instead they do what they always do - murder innocent people. You may as well advocate for a government run by benevolent fairies, as it is about as likely as an actual communist utopia where the state has withered away. Imagine how great it would be if all decisions were made by magical creatures full of wisdom who only want the best for everyone!

    and again,im not defending it,wile people in my country for example remember it with good memories,even in an utopian version i wouldnt want to live in a true comunist regime as i do prefer to have my own business and own more than maybe i would really need,but thats not even the case in comunist countries today as people do own stuff like in china
    And yet you've whitewashed it repeatedly in this thread. Weird that despite ardently defending something that has always lead to slaughter, you wouldn't want it yourself. Also, I'm confused. You said that no country has ever claimed to be communist then expressly define China as a communist country. Make up your mind.

  12. #92
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    "Real money trading is bad, especially when they offer cheaper prices than we do."
    For real, thinking that their token system will stop this is insanity, they'll never change though as that would mean actively moderating every server and employing more people just to stamp out offenders like they used to do. They're not interested in a healthy game economy, only RL-profits same as these goblins.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  13. #93
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,748
    Sounds about right for Gallywix.
    Wait, this isn't about the trade prince doing trade prince things?
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/02/how-...them-into.html

    Here ya go.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It absolutely isn't lmfao. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/02/how-...them-into.html

    - - - Updated - - -



    His parents gave him 253 THOUSAND dollars and a bunch of his other family members gave him money too.

    But I'll give you Jan Koum.

    Buffett was not self-made. He literally rode the backs of other companies before making enough in salary to start something. He also got a $10,000 donation from several people before going into business. I'm not gonna count receiving donations as being self-made because he didn't even work for that money. 11 people gave him 10k and he only put 100 of his own money into the project. Other people's donations are the only reason he was able to start anything up to become wealthy.

    And once again, nobody gets to being multi-millionaires and billionaires on their own. It's been proven time and again that people in those brackets are corrupt, exploit their work force, and use loopholes so they never pay taxes. Jeff Bezos is worth $181 billion yet paid zero in taxes for 2019.
    They didn't "give him" shit. They invested in his company to the point his parents are now worth billions.
    His parents basically invested their life savings of 250k. They were lower middle class workers

    You are also confusing Amazon the company taxes vs bezos taxes. You have no idea how much he has paid in taxes.
    Based on his stock gains and sales it's probably in the billions range.

    Also Amazon has paid plenty of taxes just not enough and some years they don't pay any federal income tax because they lost money.

    Also you are confused, Amazon paid 162million in income taxes for tax year 2019 and $914 million in federal taxes deferred to future years. 2.4 billion in federal payroll taxes, customs duties and other taxes. Its 2019 tax summary also includes $1.6 billion in state and local payroll, property, income and gross receipts taxes

    Quite a bit of tax paid there buddypal.

    Buffett was also investments not given to him. That's part of how people make money you know they get people to believe in them and their business plan.

    By your silly logic no one could ever be considered.....
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Or just close trade channel. Unless you want to spam anal [achivement] zingers I'm not sure it serves a purpose.
    If everyone has BadBoy and everyone blocks boost spam (except those that want to use it or don't mind) then trade chat can be used to sell/buy items.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, I never heard about this addon, but I also was never bothered d by the spam. My eyes learned to auto-skip these messages years ago.
    I try to tell as many people as I can lol

    If there's something I don't want to see in chat I filter it, no autoskipping for me.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  16. #96
    Finally some good news in 2020.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    You really think I am gonna care about what somebody with a PORN SITE in signature, have to say?


    My "lowest" rank was making me 5 milions per week, while you flip burgers to buy tokens.
    Give me your discord name there so I can check the sheets and your balance history?

    Pretty sure I've boosted more keys than the amount you've advertised away. Will confirm once disc name is given. Can PM if you don't want to post.
    Hi

  18. #98
    Ok, so how do i earn money to eat if i play wow 24/7 untill i die? Has Blizzard thought about this? They probably think all their subscribers are rich and live with their parents. Anyway they will never stop us! Instead of giving some money to their subscribers they funded BLM to burn America to the ground!

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Give me your discord name there so I can check the sheets and your balance history?

    Pretty sure I've boosted more keys than the amount you've advertised away. Will confirm once disc name is given. Can PM if you don't want to post.
    Check which sheet? They are deleting everything.

    Also nice try from a nobody from a fake guild kekw


    The fact that you think a booster is making gold not thanks to advertisers show us how fake you are

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    For real, thinking that their token system will stop this is insanity, they'll never change though as that would mean actively moderating every server and employing more people just to stamp out offenders like they used to do. They're not interested in a healthy game economy, only RL-profits same as these goblins.

    Wow, you cant truly be this dense???


    They implemented the WoW token because they KNEW there was no way to stop RMT. WoW token gives people a safe way to do it instead of going to one of many different shady 3rd party sites, risking compromising both your game account and RL identity.



    But sure, Blizzard is completely evil and everything they do is to nickle and dime their playerbase, blah blah blah.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •