Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Wow, you cant truly be this dense???

They implemented the WoW token because they KNEW there was no way to stop RMT. WoW token gives people a safe way to do it instead of going to one of many different shady 3rd party sites, risking compromising both your game account and RL identity.

But sure, Blizzard is completely evil and everything they do is to nickle and dime their playerbase, blah blah blah.
    They implemented the token since they did nothing against gold buyers/sellers. And the people liked this, they asked for it.

Just look at what happened at the end of SOO and since then. Last raid has items people want....... that they gladly pay gold for.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There hasn't actually been anything deleted so far as far as I can see.

"Kekw". Alright, so now we know you're an immature adult. Which is why I am surprised, shockingly so, you didn't post your discord name or PM it to me.

There's no point discussing this when all you have to do is give me your discord name, and I can check which one of us has made the most gold in the past, say, 6-12 or 12-24 months depending on how long you've been an advertiser.

Prove how "fake" I am. Go on. You know what you have to do. Prove me wrong.
    This is pretty fun to read to be honest. As far as I'm concerned you're both equally guilty and a massive part of the "problem". I'm not naive enough to believe boosting is going to fall or even noticeably decrease in any way, but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't be happy if it did!

7+ Year Old Account
    Apperenly ≈ 5.6 bilion gold left the game with these bans:

https://twitter.com/eyriewow/status/...702899717?s=20

Wonder if token price will be affected, and by how much.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-04 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No one can make money but us, bawhahahaha.

whelp this won't stop here, from the ashes 2 more groups will form just like the last time.

if you see the spam and don't use CC_Cleaner/Badboy then its your own fault.

Also helps if they would facilitate a way to transfer gold between realms.
    Some groups are sitting on 130+m gold they have stuck on servers and can't get to their main guild to spend and there is no gold on their server to support their guild activities
    Inf4 if you get assaulted and dont use "personal bodyguard" its your own fault.

One step closer to stop the aids that is boosting and boost spamming, I still cannot fathom why blizzard allows the trade chat to be spammed to death like this. Why haven't they made a seperate channel or even a notice board you can post your runs to and get it away from the trade channel

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    They should start banning multiboxers as well(with an investigation ofcourse). I mean you might have 2-3 account but when it comes to 5x + accounts, it's obvious that they want to flood market with tons of boe,mounts,herbs etc. then they start ruining auction house. Blizzard needs to make a full investigation on those guys as well, possibly most of them selling golds, maybe some of them even botting. Boosting is easy because content is easy ,so a lot of people are doing it and possibly they are selling gold for real money too.
    So Blizzard can make content harder like you need everybody's effort in a dungeon/raid so less people do it and it will narrow down a huge amount of wow population for an easier inspection. Also a player shouldn't able to connect Blizzard servers with more than 5x accounts or they should define a number for it for fixing this multiboxing nonsense.
    Hey look another they should ban multi boxers sigh.....won't happen so leave it be they make money off multi boxers plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Assuming that that wouldn't happen in communism..
    The world is not either capitalism or communism. And there is a degree to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Some groups are sitting on 130+m gold they have stuck on servers and can't get to their main guild to spend and there is no gold on their server to support their guild activities
    You can make a guild on that server and transfer it for the price of 3 tokens, guild carries 10 million gold so you lose less than 10% of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TutrUGuHPkOpRQ

Here is Method(now knows as "Echo") buying boe's with real money for Nyalotha race.

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    good, all trade chat is these days is these guys spamming non-stop
    What else is going to go in the trade channel? If I want things I go to the AH like everyone else.

The first thing I do on every toon is leave Trade and General. It's just boost spam and the same Anal [Thunderfury] shit that's been going on since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    That investigation took them a really long time for something that has been quite obvious to everyone since Gallywix started doing business. Streamers boosting for Gallywix even confirmed that they donate real money to their patreons in a totally-not-RWT manner. But still, I'm glad Blizzard is taking action because this will cut down on the spam in Trade on every realm.
    That is because you don't understand how these things actually work. Blizzard doesn't go simply on "It's obvious they are gold selling, so they are auytomatically banned". They actually have to find this thing called "proof". Your way would get innocent people in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TutrUGuHPkOpRQ

Here is Method(now knows as "Echo") buying boe's with real money for Nyalotha race.
    Because you can prove those screengrabs are 100% legit and not faked in any way, right? Oh right, you can't prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is because you don't understand how these things actually work. Blizzard doesn't go simply on "It's obvious they are gold selling, so they are auytomatically banned". They actually have to find this thing called "proof". Your way would get innocent people in trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you can prove those screengrabs are 100% legit and not faked in any way, right? Oh right, you can't prove that.
    Calm down Method simp.

About time they addressed that money grubbing goblin...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Apperenly ≈ 5.6 bilion gold left the game with these bans:

https://twitter.com/eyriewow/status/...702899717?s=20

Wonder if token price will be affected, and by how much.
    Likely not by much.If people doing the carries got hit that gold was likely to of been horded till sl launch for boes. If it was a RMT guy his customers are already outside of the token system.

I had no idea what the hell Gallywix was, other than constantly seeing advertisements to join them in trade chat. If I never have to see that again, that'd be nice.

can blizzard do something about the WTS advertisement in LFG,its getting really annoying too

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    good, all trade chat is these days is these guys spamming non-stop
    Trade chat spam is from their competitors, who now will be much richer.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, there's about a 100% likelihood those screengrabs are real. The only reason they're showing up now is because the internet's justice boner is now throbbing for competitive WoW players again. Nothing will come of it because Blizzard knows this kind of shit happens, especially at the beginning of a raid tier. All that said, I do kind of wish we could go back to the good ol days when the biggest controversy in the WF race was somebody piloting another player's toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Well that sucks. I planned on using Gallywix to get my rank 3 C&S since I assumed they did everything with gold. Looks like I'll just skip that essence, it's the only one I don't have anyways.
    Officially they have a policy of permabanning anyone from Gallywix who is found to do anything RMT related ever.

So either some people were escaping their audits... or there is some sketchy drama going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    can blizzard do something about the WTS advertisement in LFG,its getting really annoying too
    They started issuing bans for that a week ago, after not doing anything about it for months/years.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Officially they have a policy of permabanning anyone from Gallywix who is found to do anything RMT related ever.

So either some people were escaping their audits... or there is some sketchy drama going on.

- - - Updated - - -

They started issuing bans for that a week ago, after not doing anything about it for months/years.
    There's a lot of grey area with boosting. Some players only ever boosted for gold, some boosted for RMT. It's entirely possible that a player who boosted for gold would run with other players who were boosting for RMT. There should be some shared responsibility for all players but I don't think banning all Gallywix boosters as many players are suggesting in this thread is the right move.