Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well Blizzard is either kind of naive or very calculating.

Of they allow „services“ (Not judging) for gold ingame from people who are doing this on a daily of even hourly basis 30 days a month... where do they think this Gold is ending up? They can‘t think they just Bus their tokens/gametime and some stupid dino for that gold?
    Billions of gold? Of cause they sell ist to some shady website. What did they expect? They run a multi million dollar enterprise - they can‘t be that naive.
    Of they honestly want to stop that, or at least try, they should remove cashcows like that dino/spider whatever from the game and change the rules to no paid services gold or otherwise... at all. that won‘t remove the market but will reduce it substancially.
    They won‘t do this behause they want a piece of the cake. Not unless some goverment comes up with the idea that this kind of business could be used for money laundering...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I'm glad, what's the point of playing, if you just pay someone, gold or otherwise, to play it for you.
    You're taking this a bit out of proportion. It's not like people are paying for others to play the whole game for them. People just want things they'd otherwise not get due to either lack of skill or time. Say John Doe plays for, idk, 6 hours a week. He wants the mount from all M+ 15 in time, where's the harm if paying gold for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    You're taking this a bit out of proportion. It's not like people are paying for others to play the whole game for them. People just want things they'd otherwise not get due to either lack of skill or time. Say John Doe plays for, idk, 6 hours a week. He wants the mount from all M+ 15 in time, where's the harm if paying gold for that?
    I mean that is a lot of gold... I sold some runs myself with gallywix and that is roughly a couple of hundred of dollars depending on when they paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Is anyone surprised?
    Of course they were making real money somehow, NOBODY would spend that much time and effort for in-game gold alone. Trade chat has been nothing but Gallywix-spam at times.

Good riddance, RMT = what ruins things like world mount camping and BMAH bidding.

And lol @ idiots trying to make this about the WoW token... Guess ya'll angery that your boosting service is disrupted.
    Gallywix is already reforming under name Phoenix and also another boosting communities will absorb remaining members. There is demand for earning gold and there is huge demand for buying boosts and you fail to understand a basic that it grow to the current level with wow token. You shouldn't really call people idiots when you post what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Gallywix is already reforming under name Phoenix and also another boosting communities will absorb remaining members. There is demand for earning gold and there is huge demand for buying boosts and you fail to understand a basic that it grow to the current level with wow token. You shouldn't really call people idiots when you post what you posted.
    Lol'd, I understand just fine the impact of boosters and what they've always been about, and guess what? They were a thing long before the token. Blizzard's grown wise to them using "we only trade in gold!" as a front now to boot.

And I'll continue calling the people angry with the WoW Token over RMT-companies getting punished idiots, thank you very much.

The WoW token is a huge win for those of us now able to pay our subs using gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Same with EU, from ≈175k to ≈200.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, Asmon doing interview with banned people, seems they got an IP hardware ban. And ofc blame shifting is going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Scripe is coming clean.
    Oh wow, Hardware bans even!

I hope they'll do something to stop the incessant spam in trade chat though. They'll soon be back otherwise, Hardware banned or not.

Lol'd, I understand just fine the impact of boosters and what they've always been about, and guess what? They were a thing long before the token. Blizzard's grown wise to them using "we only trade in gold!" as a front now to boot.

And I'll continue calling the people angry with the WoW Token over RMT-companies getting punished idiots, thank you very much.

The WoW token is a huge win for those of us now able to pay our subs using gold.
    I have been boosting myself since the start of cataclysm and trust me the demand for boosts skyrocketed with wow token introduction and everyone who has any idea about how boosting works will tell you that, that is a fact. Before wow token most buyers had to take a huge risk with buying gold through 3rd party and risking a ban meanwhile blizzard legalizing RMT gave people who ever wanted to buy a boost a green light. WoW token or RMT company its literally the same, why do you think a huge bans agaisnt RMT started after wow token was introduced? So Blizzard has monopoly on the RMT market.

I have been boosting myself since the start of cataclysm and trust me the demand for boosts skyrocketed with wow token introduction and everyone who has any idea about how boosting works will tell you that, that is a fact. Before wow token most buyers had to take a huge risk with buying gold through 3rd party and risking a ban meanwhile blizzard legalizing RMT gave people who ever wanted to buy a boost a green light. WoW token or RMT company its literally the same, why do you think a huge bans agaisnt RMT started after wow token was introduced? So Blizzard has monopoly on the RMT market. Continue being an idiot you are free to be one.
    HAHAHAHA!

Blizzard didn't "legalize" RMT, they "legalized" giving them money in exchange for gold in their game. 3rd party shit always was and always will be against the ToS. Tough.

Seems you're the one with delusions here, which would explain why you're so angry.

HAHAHAHA!

Blizzard didn't "legalize" RMT, they "legalized" giving them money in exchange for gold in their game. 3rd party shit always was and always will be against the ToS. Tough.

Seems you're the one with delusions here, which would explain why you're so angry.
    Why would you think I'm angry? Just because I disagree with your stupidity? Do you call your teacher angry also when he corrects you that 2+2 is not 5?

Still doesn't change the fact that adding a wow token means you can spend real money on in game services, do you really want to discuss it further?
    Let me write something you should understand based on your forum sig: you are a flat earth beliver in current situation.

Why would you think I'm angry? Just because I disagree with your stupidity? Do you call your teacher angry also when he corrects you that 2+2 is not 5?

Still doesn't change the fact that adding a wow token means you can spend real money on in game services, do you really want to discuss it further?
    Let me write something you should understand based on your forum sig: you are a flat earth beliver in current situation.
    You're literally the kid being corrected and reacting with anger here. Your feels on the matter doesn't change the fact that they never "legalized" RMT by a 3rd party, AKA, boosters.

Gold for in-game services such as goods or boosts = allowed. Always was, always will be.

The only flat-earth believer here, would be you. And you're clearly angry with how you're throwing shit.

Have fun with that.

You're literally the kid being corrected and reacting with anger here. Your feels on the matter doesn't change the fact that they never "legalized" RMT by a 3rd party, AKA, boosters.

Gold for in-game services such as goods or boosts = allowed. Always was, always will be.

The only flat-earth believer here, would be you. And you're clearly angry with how you're throwing shit.

Have fun with that.
    They never legalized RMT by a 3rd party boosters that is correct. Let me explain the mechanism to you since you seem to be so agaisnt RMT meanwhile how it works now:
    Lets say player X wants to buy a boost that costs 2 tokens, instead of playing the game he just buys gold from players for real money (the real money goes to blizzard). Thats not RMT to you?

They never legalized RMT by a 3rd party boosters that is correct. Let me explain the mechanism to you since you seem to be so agaisnt RMT meanwhile how it works now:
    Lets say player X wants to buy a boost that costs 2 tokens, instead of playing the game he just buys gold from players for real money. Thats not RMT to you?
    ... Are you confused?

Of course that's 3rd party RMT, and that's against the ToS. Those players being punished = A OK, and the people getting mad over it, are idiots, which brings me right back to my original point.

... Are you confused?

Of course that's 3rd party RMT, and that's against the ToS. Those players being punished = A OK, and the people getting mad over it, are idiots, which brings me right back to my original point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters
    Good riddance, RMT = what ruins things like world mount camping and BMAH bidding.
    WoW tokens are RMT, yet you defend Blizzard on that. Who's really confused? Oh right you can't be because you don't understand that.

WoW tokens are RMT, yet you defend Blizzard on that. Who's really confused? Oh right you can't be because you don't understand that.
    LOL, you really think you've got something figured out here but you clearly don't. Or you're being selective with which reality you accept.
    The 3rd party element is the key here, but your circle-running makes me believe you simply do not understand what that stands for.

I "defend" Blizzard selling me access to the game as well, that's RMT. You truly are confused, which would explain a lot. Miss me with your ignorance.

Again, since you don't seem to accept that 2+2 doesn't equal 5; RMT with Blizzard for either a WoW token, or access to the game, or in-game service, is not against the TOS.(duh)

RMT with a 3rd party, aka, buying gold from other players, buying boosts for real money, or buying access to the game via another player's account, would be against the ToS.

Hope that clears it up for you. And my original point still stands, even moreso after this little exhange I have to say.

Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.

Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-08-04 at 11:11 PM.

Delete this please mods.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2020-08-04 at 11:16 PM.

Okay I see, you don't understand what RMT means. FYI when people talk about RMT they refer to real money trading for in game goods such as buying characters, gold, etc., the term RMT is not literal.
    ... I was being facetious since you were using it in regards to trade with Blizzard, but perhaps you're right, perhaps I don't know what RMT stands for when I've only been a vocal opponent of it for 10+ years, and literally laid out what it means + added the part from the EULA concerning it in the post right before you responded...

Or it's just that you're desperately trying to save face by jumping at inconsequential shit rather than accepting the facts laid out. Yeah, it's that.

And my original point, still stands. Get over it.

... I was being facetious since you were using it in regards to trade with Blizzard, but perhaps you're right, perhaps I don't know what RMT stands for when I've only been a vocal opponent of it for 10+ years, and literally laid out what it means + added the part from the EULA concerning it in the post right before you responded...

Or it's just that you're desperately trying to save face by jumping at inconsequential shit rather than accepting the facts laid out. Yeah, it's that.

And my original point, still stands. Get over it.
    The whole arguement was about you being hypocrite (+ to some degree naive that you think banning few people in charge of gallywix will change anything) not discussion about what is and what is not against TOS.

I "defend" Blizzard selling me access to the game as well, that's RMT.
    Do you see now? My last post. Keep making fool out of yourself.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2020-08-04 at 11:27 PM.

The whole arguement was about you being hypocrite (+ to some degree naive that you think banning few people in charge of gallywix will change anything) not discussion about what is and what is not against TOS.

Do you see now? My last post. Keep making fool out of yourself. You should consider
    The problem here is that you're not using the word "hypocrite" correctly, and you're also citing me being facetious as proof, right after you tried to play down the use of RMT and told ME I don't know what it means.

I'd be a hypocrite if I bought boosts or gold from 3rd party sellers whilst giving an appearance of being against doing so. You trying to make buying a sub from Blizzard, or the wow token, the same as RMT is a you issue. By your "logic", even buying the sub for access to the game shouldn't be allowed if RMT with a 3rd party ain't. Guess we can all expect Hardware IP bans momentarily...

Or not, because you've got zero clue on anything that you've tried to make a point about.

But keep trying to save face, it's adorable. Your last post is no more accurate than the several you made before it. And my original point about the idiots getting angry at "legal" trading with the company over RMT-boosting companies being punished? Yep, they're still idiots.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-08-04 at 11:37 PM.

Given the amount of people involved with Gallywix community, across all continents, including infiltrating wow fan sites by jebaiting them to post giveaways in Gallywix name, of course there will be loyalists defending them.

So many people are able to pay the rent, because they can dish out real money out of games like this. I guess better later than never.

Do you see now? My last post. Keep making fool out of yourself.
    You seem a little confused with the matter at hand.

Real Money Trading goes beyond "buying gold for real life currency".

When you buy a WoW Token you did just that, you bought gold. Yes, technically if you want to twist words you "traded" money for gold.
    But however you want to word it, it is a one-way road: you spend money at the official Blizzard store to buy in-game currency.
    This is no different than buying RP at Riot's store or *include whatever game has an in-game currency system*.

The RMT that you refer to, when players literally trade gold for money and vice versa, is illegal.
    If Blizzard actually allowed this then they would be breaking actual laws.
    If you were able to, and officially allowed by Blizz, to sell your gold to whoever you wanted for real money then Blizzard basically runs a platform for international money laundering.

There is a reason why none of these in-game currency gaming companies allow their players to trade their in-game currency for real currency.
    It's not because any company would give a shit if they could make a profit out of it.
    But because it is literally illegal unless they want every single government to interfere with their business because of taxation, afterall, your employer could literally pay you in WoW gold with zero taxes and you would be able to just cash it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You seem a little confused with the matter at hand.

The RMT that you refer to, when players literally trade gold for money and vice versa, is illegal.
    If Blizzard actually allowed this then they would be breaking actual laws.
    If you were able to, and officially allowed by Blizz, to sell your gold to whoever you wanted for real money then Blizzard basically runs a platform for international money laundering.

There is a reason why none of these in-game currency gaming companies allow their players to trade their in-game currency for real currency.
    It's not because any company would give a shit if they could make a profit out of it.
    But because it is literally illegal unless they want every single government to interfere with their business because of taxation, afterall, your employer could literally pay you in WoW gold with zero taxes and you would be able to just cash it out.
    And they know exactly that happens with the Gallywix Gold... they‘ve known that right from the start... yet they have done virtually nothing about it - to the contraray: They have introduced content that actually promotes gold selling - like those cash sink mounts.
    And the only thing they are doing right know is sacrificing one big service so that everybody can see: „We do everything we can so that the game stays legit!“
    Same game the big social networks play... they ban some racist bullshit, some Trump tweet, nudity, whatever to show „they care“... but they let thousands get through because their business depends on it...