Thread: C'thun down

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    C’thun before the fix was impossible. Mostly because tentacles would spawn inside walls, inside C’thun etc and not being targetable. The eye lasers also ignored even if you spread out. It could link people all over the room. You cloud’ve been perfectly spread out and boom, a laser just wiped the whole raid for no reason.

I did tries on C’thun before the fix and it was 100% impossible. It had nothing to do with numbers other than tentacles having an insane amount of health.

- - - Updated - - -

C’thun was never nerfed. He was fixed.

This is the fixed version.
    They fixed some bugs/issues and nerfed it. Saying you did tries on Cthun before it was nerfed is a bit silly because we've seen time and time again that for various reasons (including being patch 1.12) raids do way more damage/healing now than they did back then, and we've seen plenty of videos of world first guilds back then with players keyboard turning like pros.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    They fixed some bugs/issues and nerfed it. Saying you did tries on Cthun before it was nerfed is a bit silly because we've seen time and time again that for various reasons (including being patch 1.12) raids do way more damage/healing now than they did back then, and we've seen plenty of videos of world first guilds back then with players keyboard turning like pros.
    It doesn’t matter how much dps you can do or how good of a player you are if you can’t kill crucial mobs to progress the fight.

As I said, eyes and tentacles spawned inside walls or in C’thuns belly which made them impossible to kill since you couldn’t even attack them. I can even recall shit spawning outside the boss room. Hence the fight was impossible. 1.12 or not, it would still be impossible.
    Last edited by babyback; 2020-08-05 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It doesn’t matter how much dps you can do or how good of a player you are if you can’t kill crucial mobs to progress the fight.

As I said, eyes and tentacles spawned inside walls or in C’thuns belly which made them impossible to kill since you couldn’t even attack them. I can even recall shit spawning outside the boss room. Hence the fight was impossible. 1.12 or not, it would still be impossible.
    The fixes and nerfs are separate things. People in the world first guilds back then felt the boss was killable (despite Ion calling it impossible), PC gamer did an article on it a while back. If the boss didn't bug out it would have been killable, Blizzard fixed the bug issues but also nerfed it making the fight trivial.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The fixes and nerfs are separate things. People in the world first guilds back then felt the boss was killable (despite Ion calling it impossible), PC gamer did an article on it a while back. If the boss didn't bug out it would have been killable, Blizzard fixed the bug issues but also nerfed it making the fight trivial.
    I was in one of those world first chasing guilds. The boss was probably killable IF it didn’t bug. You needed a perfect attempt without deaths and bugs. But there were so many bugs that was game breaking and happening pretty much each try which made it impossible. Not to mention the rng of the fight.

One of that almost always occurred was an eye in the belly. It zapped the whole raid and you couldn’t do anything about it and it happened over and over again.
    Last edited by babyback; 2020-08-05 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Said no one...
    Actually said a number of idiots.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Shocking that it was cleared day 1 lol /s
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was possible. "Mathematically impossible" IIRC was based on the numbers that the top players were doing, and chances are they didn't use all the world buffs and flasks that are commonplace now.
    Wasn't just mathematically impossible. C'thun would spawn things that needed to be killed in areas that people just could not reach. Essentially take all the bugs in bosses that have been live in past 2 expansions. Combine them together and you'd get all the issues that was C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So yes, some people were wrong a while ago... why does this shit have to appear in every single thread about classic? Get over yourself.
    Because before Classic was released people saying that Classic raid was ultra hard were in every single thread. So we gotta remember how ignorant and biased those people were. Its fun to be proven right and shove it in your face.

Not surprising. What is interesting though is how not-excited they were.

Imagine just playing farm content all the time, even on new patches. ZZZzzzzZZZzzz

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    They've killed it tons of times recently on private servers. There is nothing to be excited about for them, it's just another run.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Would you be excited about killing a boss you've already killed 200 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It'll be hard this time guy I swear!! This one was made for 16 debuff slots it will day days at least, I promise!!
    Just ran The Eternal Palace on mythic, was piss easy. Dont see what was so hard for method that they couldn't kill it on first try, we did it. I guess they're just bad

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It's almost as if people naively ignore the fact that its 15 year, beaten to the bush content, with complete knowledge of the raid and character mechanics, in far better conditions (lag, fps, interface, addons, weakauras, minmax, itemization).

It would never be 'hard' as it was when people had no clue how to play or how the game work, so stop parroting that nonsense.

It's a step up from BWL on difficulty and mechanics, and a lot of guilds will have some trouble clearing it, whilst others will smash it in under 2 hours.

Who cares?

Even Naxxramas which is the pinnacle of difficulty of Vanilla will be triviai for the most part (there will be a couple of exceptions tho) considering all those same factors, give it a rest.
    It becomes piss easy when you're doing 3 times the damage anyone did back then. Just like doing any previous raids on retail is easy when you have so much gear.

They're were doing over 1000 damage per second. That just ignores a lot of any difficulty, when healers can spam heal and not run out of mana during an encounter, its hard for any mistake to happen.

When you spend so much time making something easier, it just becomes piss easy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Said no one...
    I did see people saying C'Thun would be harder with the whole 16 debuff stuff yada yada.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I did see people saying C'Thun would be harder with the whole 16 debuff stuff yada yada.
    Yeah, they said the next raid will take long to kill. Since MC...

But just wait, Naxxramas will takes weeks to clear!

No no, Maggy will takes ages to kill!!

No wait, Vashj will give us hell!

Hang on, I did mean Illidan will beat us down for weeks!!

Sorry, we meant KJ mythic will take a week at least!

2052: Void Anduin will take take 2 months. Seriously!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-05 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It'll be hard this time guy I swear!! This one was made for 16 debuff slots it will day days at least, I promise!!
    none said that. And if you read that somewhere, it's in the context of casual average guilds
    edit: And also in the comparison between tiers. BWL is too easy with 1.12 patch. It's expected that AQ40 is harder than BWL. And both are easy.
    Last edited by ntlntl; 2020-08-05 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ntlntl View Post
    none said that. And if you read that somewhere, it's in the context of casual average guilds
    People actually said this for top guilds too though. I know, it sounds ridiculous, but people said that for AQ, and for the other classic raids released too.

To the Classic fans saying vanilla was harder and better. It was not harder, you were just bad. It was more grindy, I'll give you that. As for being better, the game is not progressive and people have a better understanding of WoW now.

There will be people saying, "because it's not true to vanilla". Really? Ask yourself deep down, really? No, the game is a cake walk and the hardest thing in vanilla was getting to level cap and now people are smarter with the genre.

Classic was a waste of time, effort and resources. Blizz should let go of all classic developers and pay their staff more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Just ran The Eternal Palace on mythic, was piss easy. Dont see what was so hard for method that they couldn't kill it on first try, we did it. I guess they're just bad
    What a silly response. You did Mythic EP after Nerfs and over 12 months of it being released? GG!

Did you have gear between 430 and 440? That's the kinda gear they did it in. Did you do it before all the nerfs?

When will classic fans come to reality. Vanilla was bad and players were terrible. MMOs have changed so much in 16 years. Classic will never be hard, ot will be forever boring and unnecessarily tedious to level with though.

The day you come this realisation the better.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Because before Classic was released people saying that Classic raid was ultra hard were in every single thread. So we gotta remember how ignorant and biased those people were. Its fun to be proven right and shove it in your face.
    So true. Would vote your last sentence for the best sentence written in 2020 if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So true. Would vote your last sentence for the best sentence written in 2020 if I could.
    At the time they came out, each classic raid was very difficult. Naxx for example was fully cleared by less than 1% of the player base. Nowadays it's not so bad because everyone knows the strats, how to gear up properly for the raids, and the game is much better understood. Back then there was a lot of unknown stuff though.

On the flip side, 15 years from now blizzard probably wouldn't be re-releasing a BFA server lol. But for the sake of argument, let's say that they do. The game would be a lot easier for the many of the same reasons.