Poll: Which was the better Star Trek series?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    VOY is also nearly on par with TNG. It gets a bad rep partly because of misogyny and partly because it was overshadowed by its more action-heavy sibling (DS9). Overall, it is very satisfying with many outstanding episodes in its own right as well.
    HA!
    Nah it wasn't how it made a joke of the borg or how janeway and the entire crew actually died halfway through the first season and the entire show is about clone replicas.
    Voyager was shit, avoid it and it's 1-dimensional characters that even the actors hated having to play.

The doctor was good, it's a shame he was on the same show as the rest of the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original had some good episodes, but I prefer TNG. TNG was overall a better representation of what the idea, and overall better arcs and villians. Plus Q.

And yes, VOY was shit, DISC is shit.

ENT is better in the later seasons (last episode sucks balls though)

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Original had some good episodes, but I prefer TNG. TNG was overall a better representation of what the idea, and overall better arcs and villians. Plus Q.

And yes, VOY was shit, DISC is shit.

ENT is better in the later seasons (last episode sucks balls though)
    It was all a holodeck simulation. you are the chef.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I like the theory of the viewer being "chef," and it being a holodeck simulation. The problem is the final episode coming out of the blue and straight up jacking one of the best chars just because shocks and "lasting impressions." That ending made people turn off from the show, again, and all the good grace that came from middle and last season are thrown out.

As for Riker, yea, no, he was to fat and old to play the part. If they wanted to have Chef to reveal that he is the "PoV" for the holodeck, shoulda not shown his face, have him end the program, and just walk out of the holodeck, into TNG. Never show his face, as that is the appeal.

TNG, not even close.

Sure, TNG has its issues and a lot of people like to remember the very good episodes and forget the very bad ones, but to me at least it's THE defining Star Trek series and the trifecta of TNG/DS9/VOY to me is the core of what makes Trek.

10+ Year Old Account
    TNG, absolutely.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.