Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I've never played shadow priest in mythic raids so I'm not capable of saying if it was a bother to play. But for some normal + heroic content, the legion gameplay for spriest was really nice and different from the other classes
    It's a balance nightmare though. Either you make it possible to properly pop off and it's the best spec in the game by a dangerous amount, or you cap it and the less skilled players do 2 dps. Since Legion the spec's ability to go into lengthy voidforms has been increasingly hampered, resulting in an unsatisfying gameplay loop for most players.
    The spec also doesn't work in world content or some M+ depending on the week and how your tank is pulling.

You can't design a spec around just one area of the game unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

i wouldnt have minded voidform if it wasnt so horrible without gear thanks to mass hysteria and lingering insanity. surrender to madness in emerald nightmare aside, shadow really only felt good with high haste where you could reliably go to 50-60 vf stacks regularly and that only happened in antorus in legion and with a shitton of expedient/severe in nyalotha.

not a huge fan of the rework but its better than if the bfa shadow that would have been stripped of the azerite traits would go into shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I've never played shadow priest in mythic raids so I'm not capable of saying if it was a bother to play. But for some normal + heroic content, the legion gameplay for spriest was really nice and different from the other classes
    It was super inconsistent and backwards. Every patch would start with nerfs, because voidofrm is impossible to balance long term and it spiraled out of control by the end of previous tier. So every time you progress on new bosses, you feel like crap and you do crap damage, struggling against newly reduced insanity gain, or harsher drain formula, or all of your spells do fuckall, because they have to account for the gear you will get at some point. But once the progress is done, and you have access to that top end gear, go ahead, have fun, be the strongest class around, because surprise, they did not balance VF right once again, and it spiraled out of control. So better enjoy, cause next tier, it's nerfs ahoy!

It's really not fun playing a class that has no stability, no consistency and is absolute dogshit for progression. Hell, in M+ tanks are already saddled with all possible responsibilities, no wounder most of them don't want to be in a group with the only spec in the game that needs you to completely change your playstyle to accommodate them.

My most recent annoyance was Wrathion. First few mythic pulls I was shadow, and let me tell you, it's not that fun to have enough time to do 1 good voidofrm, get the chorus stacks for the next one, that will actually do damage, and boom, phase 1 is over, next 40 seconds you cannot attack the boss. Enjoy a fight where you're always ramping up, but never actually DPSing. Needless to say, I've been healing that fight ever since.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." SPriest was perfect in Legion. I don't understand what the hell is the point of these stupid changes. I love that devouring plague is back but the cost being a wonky VF rotation makes me hate the spec even more now. Either roll back to Legion SPriest or remove VF all together. They really need to stop shoehorning skills that don't synergize well together. The "unprunning" of Shadowlands feels like nothing but button bloat with no significant improvement to the classes.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

but it was broke lol

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    Am I the only one who hates these changes? I loved the voidform playstyle in legion, and hate this new builder spender purple ele shamman rework.
    That was your first mistake.

Second.. no 99% of priest players are happy finnaly something happend.. so deal with it if you are part of that 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    It was broken.
    change can't wait.

I waited all this time to spend my boost lvl 120 ... and if these changes in SPriest keep going I will make an alt Spriest. But first I’m going to see if he’s really good at PVP.
    Visually speaking the shadows are wonderful.

Somehow people are celebrating that the core mechanic of what makes spriest unique being PRUNED from the game as a good thing. Yeah, let's go back to boring builder/spender rogue gameplay. No more adrenaline, urgency and haste. This is going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not happening. They are not ditching insanity/VF/decay completely. What they proposed seems like a best compromise and is very close to old orb style. Build 50 insanity -> pop DP. And finally, after so many goddamn years spriest actually gets a meaningful CD, with 1.5 min VF. Not that crap Fiend or token Power Infusion.
    Meaningful cooldown? Shadow form is disabled while in VF, so it's a 10% dmg increase every 90 seconds for 15 seconds. That equates to 1.6% increase in dps. This is the most boring unimaginative change possible.
    Last edited by Vinzora; 2020-08-16 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Meaningful cooldown? Shadow form is disabled while in VF, so it's a 10% dmg increase every 90 seconds for 15 seconds. That equates to 1.6% increase in dps. This is the most boring unimaginative change possible.
    Yes, and what shadow had all the time in the past? Shadowfiend, that simply did weak autos on the target, or Power Infusion, that gave 20% haste. These got more meaningful with the introduction of VF, but still gave zero burst. But now you got VF on a CD with dmg increase, Void Eruption doing big AoE burst, and you can further boost it with Ancient Madness talent. The CD burst diff is huge.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-16 at 03:24 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Somehow people are celebrating that the core mechanic of what makes spriest unique being PRUNED from the game as a good thing. Yeah, let's go back to boring builder/spender rogue gameplay. No more adrenaline, urgency and haste. This is going backwards.
    This was my first initial thoughts and feelings about this change as well. I went Elemental shaman for 8.3 because of M+ reasons, got tired of it and went back to the priest 4 months ago or so. I really, really enjoy the way I could compete with myself through the fights to get those VF stacks as high as possible, the speed of the spec and now with crazy amount of haste just tossing out shadow ladies all over the place is awesome.

However. As people are pointing out, you had to start each new patch by being nerfed. Feeling weaker than you did until you geared again. With corruption being gone the current haste and crit will be gone, meaning the build that has been working to do competitive DPS (mainly focusing on M+ here) since the vendor came, will be as broken as it was before.
    When 8.3 hit my single target went down so much, it was so sad to se. Being full raid BiS geared from EP and yet all of a sudden soooooo far behind the rest over night.

This change to VF will, hopefully, make that feeling for each new patch go away. However, I am afraid it will feel like Elemental did now in 8.3. Build this bar, use that thing - repeat. Oh and every few mins you press that CD button as well to do a bit more DPS, just like any other caster.

Can't make up my mind really, but at the same time it's always been hard for me to abandon the priest since it has been my main for 14 years (though as Holy before BfA). But now with M+ as my main content, shadow is the spec to go.......

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, and what shadow had all the time in the past? Shadowfiend, that simply did weak autos on the target, or Power Infusion, that gave 20% haste. These got more meaningful with the introduction of VF, but still gave zero burst. But now you got VF on a CD with dmg increase, Void Eruption doing big AoE burst, and you can further boost it with Ancient Madness talent. The CD burst diff is huge.
    I never understood why blizzard is so fond of shadowfiend and mindbender. It doesn't feel good, it doesn't make sense as an ability for shadows to have, it was there from the beginning but apparently no one wanted to improve it.
    It would feel so much better to just replace it with a big dot that generates a bit of insanity with every tick.
    I don't mind Power infusion only giving haste when we have it as a baseline "second" cooldown. I quite liked it when it increased our insanity generation. Now in shadowlands and the option to cast it on ourself when using it on an ally could make it an interesting choice if it could generally increase ressource generation or decrease costs etc.

Generally speaking shadow still needs a lot of work. But removing voidform as a core mechanic is a step in the right direction.
    Without voidform they could use some inspiration from the warlords priest. It is so easy to make an enjoyable spec with a combination of warlords and the current unfinished version i just hope blizz sees that too.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2020-08-17 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I never understood why blizzard is so fond of shadowfiend and mindbender. It doesn't feel good, it doesn't make sense as an ability for shadows to have, it was there from the beginning but apparently no one wanted to improve it.
    It wasn't there from the beginning. It was added with TBC to give Holy and Disc a mana regen tool as the damage wasn't very impressive and Shadow had 0 use of the mana generation aspect. It also liked to just hang out around you half the time so it would often not do a good job at it. It wasn't needed either as mana was not hard to come by as healer either.

Take it out and add it back in as a PI replacement talent so we can get a properly powerful version if we want the temporary pet. That way PI can bet a little more power to be more interesting while SF/MBend can get the same without having to compete with each other for power as a CD. Especially now that VF is a CD too.
    Fiend would be more movement friendly while PI offers the option to cast on others.

Shadow already has a pet that works much better: psyfiend. If they really want to keep a "pet", replace shadowfiend with psyfiend, maybe remove the slow as default, and put it behind a pvp talent.

But if they wanted a proper shadow pet CD, it should summon a bunch of tentacles, like what you get from corruption, artifact and the mediocre lego in SL.

The rework seems good in general, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it in PvP. Using it is basically just saying "please stun me" anyway. And now Devouring Plague (I just hope that they figure out that renaming it to Devouring Despair would make it fit much better into the current Shadow aesthetic, though) will probably be 10x more useful than void form ever was in PvP. With the talent, we'll probably be able to keep it up on everyone. And unfurling darkness should make keeping VT on everyone less painful, and with psychic link and those instant mind blast procs, we're probably going to see even better spread pressure.

I don't like the SW: D design to be honest. Feels like they have no idea what to do with it and they're just trying yet another thing with it. It worked just fine in WotLK-MoP.
    SW:P duration seems low.
    3 "CDs" plus a legendary that seems mandatory for progression is pushing it. Shadowfiend should be an opt-in talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

Love the new Shadow crash, sounds realy good, would love to try it out.

Couple of realy cool changes, thoughsteal for shadow and the cost removed off VE.

Dp healing increased by 300%?
    Vt healing still 0%

Update: will be hotfixed back to both healing for 50% of the damage dealt.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-19 at 09:03 PM.

While not in Void Form, Mind Flay has a 5-20% chance to allow you to cast Void Bolt.
    That seems fun? Pair it with the other conduit for 10% chance for free DP and we're RNG heaven/hell lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I don't like the SW: D design to be honest. Feels like they have no idea what to do with it and they're just trying yet another thing with it.
    Agreed, I wish the legendary for SW:D was a talent instead. Could fit in place of Damnation, since I still don't see how it will compete it that row? Then move Damnation to Unfurling's spot maybe

What the hell is going on? Did we get a Proper Shadowpriest developer? They literally are fixing every weakness the class has. Ramp Up time outside of Void Form, Trigger Happy Procs so you can move a lot, DOT Class is back, PVP Enhances, Proper AOE finally.

And the new Mastery Shadow Weaving Your damage is increased by [ 50% of Spell Power ]% for each of Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague on the target. During Void Form, all targets receive the maximum effect. That means that they are bringing up Mastery to be on par with Crit and Haste. On another note Legacy of the Void is gonna become a very powerful talent.

I am not complaining. In fact I am so happy we gain the full attention after WOTLK but what happened? Why are we so loved suddenly when they were ignoring all this feedback all these years?

Is Dark Thoughts bugged right now or am I misunderstanding something? The "Mind Blast can be cast as an instant during channeling" part is always active, even without a proc.