Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    If you like shadow orbs playstyle you have +20 specs with the regular builder/spender playstyle. The only other class that has a mechanic even remotely similar to insanity is death knights with the breath of syndragosa but even that is still different...
    Ya but it was a class I played all the time and then they changed it in a bad way to fit lore I think was their explanation? Insanity is a builder/spender as well it is just annoying and less intuitive.

I know a very small % of players like the voidform play style but everyone I know who played Priest literally stopped at the point they changed it or very soon afterwards.

They are getting it to a nice middle ground now at least and VF is still staying just as a proper CD ability.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Unlikely to happen as Blizzard seems to be going hard on 'you play a class not a spec' in shadowlands
    Idk about this.. ii know it has been said, but dont want to go that far and say it will never happen. Thats what I thought with these shadow changes in general.

Been talking with a couple of good friends who I staryed playing priest with back in 2005 and also they said: wow realy so much changes? And we are in the beta.. am I dreaming.

So saying this was expected should get a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Agree its long overdue.

Shadow word: barrier ?
    Sounds good, they could use the animation from the Fallen Riftwalker's Shadow Shift spell in the Horrific Vision of Stormwind, which you can see in this video at the timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CydiGoJA60&t=2m20s

Also, a shadowy levitate also has the animation already in the game. It's attached to Voidform atm.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Sounds good, they could use the animation from the Fallen Riftwalker's Shadow Shift spell in the Horrific Vision of Stormwind, which you can see in this video at the timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CydiGoJA60&t=2m20s

Also, a shadowy levitate also has the animation already in the game. It's attached to Voidform atm.
    Nice, I like it, uch yea levitate is a good idea, the sparklew in shadow/void form just doesnt work.

Back in mop when we were given all these glyphs I opt a couple of times to have create a shadow version of our shield. I remember yvealle had such s good idea back then. I dont remember exactly, but it had an reflect component in it that healed you for the damage done. Reflecting shield was also a very good glyph back then. It staryed out on 70% of damage done which was op as hell.

Shadow is back! WOOOOT! Oh my god I was beginning to lose all hope of ever getting to play my shadowpriest again. So happy about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Are you new to shadow? Seems so..

No one expected that much changes.. they said something was coming.. but most people already gave up afther so.much feedback and we only had dp and bad version of sw: D.

So you think its strange people are suprised lmao?
    Yea dude dont be that guy.. its annoying.
    1) We aren't talking gameplay or performance here. Me being "new" to Shadow is irrelevant. And while I am not a main, I am not really new to it. I have been avoiding it for years though because there were elements of it I did not enjoy, which isn't really going to change with the current changes, but jfyi.

2) It is annoying, that people are so dedicated to not believing anything for reasons which have nothing to do with gameplay. For months some of us have been quoting the interviews on the forums, telling people "Blizzard said there will be changes" and people have been dedicatedly denying because of events like Blitzchung and so on. Using real life events and company decisions to judge the performance and willingness of the game developers to listen to feedback. It's annoying. Why can't people take things for what they are? If a game developer tells you "we agree that something is wrong but we aren't sure how to fix it" how stupid must you be to think "lol, they must be lying!" .... Yes, maybe you did not expect such big changes. But the people who kept denying the coming of such and the people on this thread that are surprised there are changes at all (not by their depth) are still just haters in disguise :P And haters are so boring and annoying.

Why can't we just appreciate things "Oh, nice, those are lots of changes!" or "Hmm, I like some of the changes, and others I do not" instead of "lol they actually listened, unbelievable". The only people here who have a right to be displeased are those who do not like the direction of the changes, but you can't please everyone.

"most of be community" source- trust me bro.
    I'm literally talking about the shadow priest discord community here. Man the denseness here is palpaple

People have always gathered in communities to discuss the class they play in wow. Discord have made that easier then ever. If you arent part of the shadow priest community on discord you just dont care enough about shadow priests to discuss them with peers. Its as simple as that.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-08-06 at 05:29 AM.

Half of the fun on the insanity playstyle was removed on BFA when they removed the haste gain per stack of void form, with these changes all the haste is gone and so is the rest of it. It really made me feel like I was going insane with the increased haste in Legion, each stack increased my haste and it felt like I was slowly loosing control, until it got completelly out of hand and I couldn't hold it anymore, it was really fun for me.

I am 10/12 with my priest, I know its nothing to be super proud of but I enjoy playing with my friends more than playing hardcore. Fact is I play priest so don't put me as if I am not talking about my class.
    Dude. Not everything is about you. I was never addressing you at all; hell, I didn't even know that you posted to the thread. I was posting my own personal delight in the changes that I read about.

I don't know what to say? There is going to be a talent for players like you who like the old voidform with the insanity decay, and that's great that guys like you will be accommodated. I have no problem with that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    1) We aren't talking gameplay or performance here. Me being "new" to Shadow is irrelevant. And while I am not a main, I am not really new to it. I have been avoiding it for years though because there were elements of it I did not enjoy, which isn't really going to change with the current changes, but jfyi.

2) It is annoying, that people are so dedicated to not believing anything for reasons which have nothing to do with gameplay. For months some of us have been quoting the interviews on the forums, telling people "Blizzard said there will be changes" and people have been dedicatedly denying because of events like Blitzchung and so on. Using real life events and company decisions to judge the performance and willingness of the game developers to listen to feedback. It's annoying. Why can't people take things for what they are? If a game developer tells you "we agree that something is wrong but we aren't sure how to fix it" how stupid must you be to think "lol, they must be lying!" .... Yes, maybe you did not expect such big changes. But the people who kept denying the coming of such and the people on this thread that are surprised there are changes at all (not by their depth) are still just haters in disguise :P And haters are so boring and annoying.

Why can't we just appreciate things "Oh, nice, those are lots of changes!" or "Hmm, I like some of the changes, and others I do not" instead of "lol they actually listened, unbelievable". The only people here who have a right to be displeased are those who do not like the direction of the changes, but you can't please everyone.
    Nope not about that, you come out and make it so everyone should think its soooo obvious shadow got changes. Well guess what ask arround I think many people will say they never thought it would be this big or happening at all. Have you read the wow forums lately? Thats it and thats why I am asking if you are new to shadow. Its rellevant because of shadow history and about why we are talking in the first place.

Dont make up a whole story on why or how, you just missed the clue thats why.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-06 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm literally talking about the shadow priest discord community here. Man the denseness here is palpaple

People have always gathered in communities to discuss the class they play in wow. Discord have made that easier then ever. If you arent part of the shadow priest community on discord you just dont care enough about shadow priests to discuss them with peers. Its as simple as that.
    It's just sad that you downgrade the whole shadow priest community into one discord server that mainly consists of tryhards, theorycrafters and mabye the top-percentage of players.

Just because something maybe worked fine on paper doesn't mean it was enjoyable - as such was the play style introduced with Legion. Just the fact that only one ability/talent made us useful after all is bad enough.

I'm happy that people like you get so worked up over people looking forward to the changes. Just proves to me that Blizzard made the right decision.

I can"t believe they actually listened. It only took about 4 years, but they listened. Finally, Shadow is going to be useful everywhere and not just raids/+19+ keys!

Can't wait for shadowlands to go live