Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    So basically blizzard is patting themselves on the back despite their numbers being inflated by covid? Okay
    That's been true ever since Activision/Blizzard acquired King in 2016. LOL...duh.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's been true ever since Activision/Blizzard acquired King in 2016. LOL...duh.
    Where would they be without Candy Crush!

    Sweet and Tasty
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  3. #103
    Imagine believing Activision-Blizzard at this point. How does one measure "engagement" anyway? They're not mentioning subs (gee, I wonder why), they're not mentioning people coming back to the game, they're not considering many of the returning players are coming back to Classic for the AQ event.
    I repeat: imagine believing Activision-Blizzard in 2020. LMAO.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    huh? 99.9% of whats posted on this site is raging blizzard hate boners
    My understanding was that he was asking if they were gonna talk about it on the front page, which they wont. Ofc in the forum, people are talking about it

  5. #105
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Imagine believing Activision-Blizzard at this point. How does one measure "engagement" anyway?
    Engagement is measured in many ways. The public metric is Monthly Active Users (MAU) which is a metric all across the gaming industry (subscriptions are not a useful metric to use to compare to other titles and genre types). Besides MAU there are undoubtedly other internal metrics which are not reported publicly.

    For the record since there is much BS or misunderstanding about what MAU really is: All it is is a count of the number of accounts that log into a game at least once for any amount of time in a calendar month. If you play every day for 10 hours, that's 1 MAU. If you log in once for 2 minutes that's 1 MAU.

    You are free to believe Blizzard or not. They have zero incentive to lie on their corporate reports and, indeed, making false statements is legally dubious. The qualifier about how high engagement is at this particular point in an expansion is the key thing. It's five or six months out from the next expansion and there's a worldwide pandemic going on keeping many people at home. It's a good time for certain types of media companies. That probably has more to do with it than anything.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-08-05 at 07:22 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  6. #106
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,424
    I wish Blizzard would release the sub numbers for WoW just one time. Not that it effects my own personal enjoyment but I am just very curious :P

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Where's the doomsaying? I'm just poking fun at their pathetic attempts to spin this in a way where WoW is never-endingly expanding in one aspect or another. Probably because their shareholders demand it. It doesn't change the fact that WoW has been a stagnant game for years now. There's the ebb and flow of expansions but beyond that it's been stagnant or slowly losing players. The only reason subs doubled last year was because of Classic.

    You can keep coping until the game finally dies for good some time in the distant future, but it won't change the facts lol.
    Still so salty LOL

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    So basically blizzard is patting themselves on the back despite their numbers being inflated by covid? Okay
    "as shelter-at-home conditions further boosted the franchise’s strong trajectory"

    looks like they acknowledged corivds role in their success. And given that these things are basically commercials for the people that decide over the companies fate, I would say that thats some above average honesty.
    (which they might or might not be forced to put in there - no idea)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Nobody fucking knows. Blizzard intentionally chooses these vague descriptors for the game's current state as it looks generically positive.
    Blizzard and vague arent the same words?
    They exactly know, why they use such and unclear wordings for literally everything. Nobody would buy that sh*t if they said the real truth, but once you make ppl to preorder, then try it, realize the game is sh*t again, you dont care anymore, because you got the money already and reviews can go fck themselves, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wish Blizzard would release the sub numbers for WoW just one time. Not that it effects my own personal enjoyment but I am just very curious :P
    Thats not gonna happen. They focus more resources on looking cool with vague promises and strategies how to get the highest profits for the lowest effort, than on the games itself. This would show, how they are full of sh*t. It would be interested to see, but lets be honest, even if they actually did release something like this, it would be fake, vague or inflated by something super special...
    Last edited by Nikeyla; 2020-08-05 at 08:33 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Blizzard and vague arent the same words?
    They exactly know, why they use such and unclear wordings for literally everything. Nobody would buy that sh*t if they said the real truth, but once you make ppl to preorder, then try it, realize the game is sh*t again, you dont care anymore, because you got the money already and reviews can go fck themselves, right?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Thats not gonna happen. They focus more resources on looking cool with vague promises and strategies how to get the highest profits for the lowest effort, than on the games itself. This would show, how they are full of sh*t. It would be interested to see, but lets be honest, even if they actually did release something like this, it would be fake, vague or inflated by something super special...
    These words arent made for consumers, they are made for shareholders. Why do you people never take the time to read into that?

    If what blizzard said was so vague and borderline untrue it would jump at the shareholders from the numbers they are getting.

    There are so many people on this site who are just looking for things to shit on blizzard with without actually stopping and thinking for 2 seconds about what they are saying.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    These words arent made for consumers, they are made for shareholders. Why do you people never take the time to read into that?

    If what blizzard said was so vague and borderline untrue it would jump at the shareholders from the numbers they are getting.

    There are so many people on this site who are just looking for things to shit on blizzard with without actually stopping and thinking for 2 seconds about what they are saying.
    You are surprised? Im sure this could be fixed if Blizz actually did something right for a change and not bait ppl into paying in advance just to deliver something totally different and garbo level quality. You cant blame ppl for being mad after all the disappointment in the past few years and nothing indicating it could get any better. Quiet the opposite I would say.

  12. #112
    I love when these things come out because all the people whose lives consist of complaining about Blizzard on these forums and then playing Blizzard games sit around and circlejerk each other about how all of it is a "lie" and it's just Blizzard trying to convince WoW players that WoW is alive or something, despite it being a release to shareholders subject to audit by the SEC and all the extreme sanctions they can place on a publicly traded company that lies to their investors.

    This isn't an "Ion talking to your favourite whiny youtuber" release, this is an "Activision-Blizzard board of directors reporting to their owners" release. If you don't understand the difference, you're probably too young for your opinion to matter.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    You are surprised? Im sure this could be fixed if Blizz actually did something right for a change and not bait ppl into paying in advance just to deliver something totally different and garbo level quality. You cant blame ppl for being mad after all the disappointment in the past few years and nothing indicating it could get any better. Quiet the opposite I would say.
    I dont care that you are angry.

    It just comes across as a cringy mad teen who are shouting random things at random people without actually thinking abotu what they are saying,.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I dont care that you are angry.

    It just comes across as a cringy mad teen who are shouting random things at random people without actually thinking abotu what they are saying,.
    Not angry, not teen, not without thinking. Pure experience. But since you dont care, stay safe,bye.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Not angry, not teen, not without thinking. Pure experience. But since you dont care, stay safe,bye.
    You cant blame ppl for being mad
    ^^

    Saying a persons behavior fit that of a teen isnt the same as asaying they are an actual teenager. I'm making a comparison here.

    I care deeply, i also just tend to look into things before i post things i dont know about

  16. #116
    None of this suprises me at all.

    I'm actually playing the game, unlike many forum whiners here. It's incredibly active, more so than potentially ever. Even legacy farming spots for obscure achievements and reps have been crowded throughout the last months. Game is more alive than it has been for years. Shadowlands hype is real too, and it's bringing many old players back / attracting many new players.

    Despite all the toxic bullshit the usual bad actors are spewing on youtube and twitch, the game is doing great, and I love it!

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    ^^

    Saying a persons behavior fit that of a teen isnt the same as asaying they are an actual teenager. I'm making a comparison here.

    I care deeply, i also just tend to look into things before i post things i dont know about
    I exactly know what you said, but i find it kinda funny that you say I act like a teenager, yet obviously the only purpose you are here is to argue. I bow before your adult behaviour. Im out, lol.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    I exactly know what you said, but i find it kinda funny that you say I act like a teenager, yet obviously the only purpose you are here is to argue. I bow before your adult behaviour. Im out, lol.
    This is a discussion forum. Why else would you be here?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    classic doing great and just released AQ patch. this is why engagement is at a decades high.
    I'm hearing the opposite.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Wow token has been pretty steady for awhile at like 120k, though today it bumped up to 131k.
    In EU it dropped quite a bit over the last year. It's normal towards the end of the expansion because less people play.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    I'm hearing the opposite.

    - - - Updated - - -



    In EU it dropped quite a bit over the last year. It's normal towards the end of the expansion because less people play.
    Its increasing because of the gallywix ban.

    But yeah classic is dying

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •