Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Pandemic, of course. People are staying at home.
    Pretty much every online game is seeing growth. Gaming itself is seing growth cause of it. It's one of the few industries benefitting from the pandemic.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-06 at 12:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's a little itty bitty worldwide pandemic going on. I feel like that might have something to do with it.
    Very much this.

Keep in mind that engagement is a figure that is independent of quality or type. A great deal of bad comments and constant arguments is engagement.

We have a lot of people stuck at home, so people are on online even more. Heck, Twitter traffic went up by 20% to 25% in March because of the pandemic.

The fact that this was brought up in an earnings call without further acknowledgement of the realistic reasons why or what the content of that engagement was means it was just a PR stunt that fools general idiots (including many investors) and will be rightfully ignored (or likely even laughed at) by the industry analysts.

People keep saying "Classic" and "pandemic" and it's true, those are undoubtedly contributing factor to WoW being played more during this end of expansion lull period. I'd also like to add "100% leveling buff." Makes a big difference to people who always wanted to level several different classes but found it took too long. Now they're stuck at home, and can do it how much faster?

As a web developer I can tell you it is the pandemic, anything online or web related saw exponential increases in traffic and activity. Unfortunately it is allowing misinformation to be spread by those who do not understand the internet because a huge portion of the population are still very computer illiterate and it is very sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    What if I want to judge the game. You know, cuz its shit.
    Why are you still on these forums then, I wonder. Not really logical. Must be a Trump voter. Somewhat logical then.
    Hi