Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I’d rather just go back to 3.3.5 wow. No borrowed power, deterministic gearing, no bullshit corruption.

Imagine going into heroic 25 ICC but before you wanted to change specs, you had to go unlearn your covenant and respec your soulbinds. Then later on in the raid you want to switch back to healing, and you have to jump through a million hoops to go back to the covenant and you’ll have to wait till next week before you respec your soulbinds. What a dogshit system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nope. I am currently playing on a famous 3.3.5 server and most classes are just so much more fun. Class design isnt perfect, especially haste and crit scaling though.

BFA class design is basically the worst right after classic. Even BC was more fun. Yeah you only pressed shadowbolt but somehow it was more fun than having 7 abilities which do no damage and then 34 random procs which do all the damage for you.
    So true, it made having a proc trinket so much more meaningful because you could actually feel the difference, rather than now having everything proc some kind of stats boost or damage.

I'd like to go back to MoP classes. Say what you will about the expansion, but raiding was at it's best during that expansion and classes were actually nuances and fun to play. Granted they gave a bit too many tools to too many classes and we are still paying from that.

Thumbs up I agree

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nope, current ones are better. You might have some case of nostalgia.

Also fix that title, doesn't tell you a thing.
    Yes, I too feel that the current class is better.

WoW has had its moments in a few expansions but, yeah, 3.3 was the pinnacle of its original design and refinement. No matter the class or spec, it was just plain fun.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah because Wrath started to add problems to some of the game's specs. You gotta pull different specs from different eras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So strange to read people saying MoP class design was the best. That was literally when classes were at their most homogenised. Everyone had a stun, everyone had CC, everyone had an interrupt. It's why the PvP was the worst it had been up to that point.

They've made efforts to emphasise strengths and weaknesses with certain classes since Legion but now people are mad that their class actually might not be able to excel at absolutely everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    So strange to read people saying MoP class design was the best. That was literally when classes were at their most homogenised. Everyone had a stun, everyone had CC, everyone had an interrupt. It's why the PvP was the worst it had been up to that point.
    Because Homogenization is not the sole factor when it comes to fun.

Is it good for the game?
    No, but classes can be fun despite homogenization.

The fun of the class / spec was prioritized over some general design philosophy.
    It wasn't the superior philosophy, but the pragmatic one that worked out better due to better execution.
    They've made efforts to emphasise strengths and weaknesses with certain classes since Legion but now people are mad that their class actually might not be able to excel at absolutely everything.
    The Problem is that Blizzard (as usual) has a halfassed approach there.

Certain Classes are simply stronger / weaker than others, it's not a "oh well, they're kinda good there but bad there".

Picture perfect example is Elemental and the Mage specs.
    Blizzard decided to remove Gust of Wind in BfA because they didn't want that other caster are nearly as mobile as Mage specs and Shaman is supposed to be less mobile.

That Elemental get anything in return?
    Was Bloodlust made Shaman only in return?
    Nope, Gust of Wind gone, that's it.

And unless by some divine intervention the raw numbers carry Elemental, it'll be always worse than any Mage spec, because they lack the utility to match Ice block, Cauterize / Greater Invis and Shimmer.
    Has Shaman / Elemental something to compensate that?
    Not really as far as PvE is concerned.

The philosophy is fine, the execution is flawed, problem is that a lot of people get mad at the philosophy when the execution sucks.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-08-09 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's why the PvP was the worst it had been up to that point.
    According to who? That's the opposite of what I hear from top PvP players.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nope, we can go back only for MOP classes (my opinion) and WOD talents.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I'd love too.

Anything to get away from borrowed power and nonsensical homogenization.

Give me a functioning working class over this garbage any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I liked my paladin more back then but I don't remember for sure and I couldn't tell you why. I played ret and dabbled a bit in prot, and I do remember finding the prot rotation quite satisfying. I'm no expert though, and I don't remember what I liked about ret back then. It could very well just be nostalgia because I started in Wrath and I have fond memories of leveling that alt.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Yeah, it might have been fun for some players, but to me that wasn't a good thing. Logging other characters and have the same toolkit and abilities is not what I think is fun. There is a reason why they started pruning. They got to a point that they had given all classes everything, and I am glad they changed the design. But I can get why people might have loved it in MoP. But it wasn't for me unfortunately. I am not saying it was worse than it is now in BfA(though for more reasons like pacing of rotations etc), but I would take Legion class design above all others. I do think they failed miserably in bringing the same into BfA. Not to mention GCD change.

Weaknesses and strengths for classes/specs are essential to me in a game like WoW, or any game rather. Makes it more interesting imo.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-09 at 11:57 PM.

I haven't read through the thread but I know how nostalgia posting about DKs goes...

Blood DPS was terrible. You just pressed heart strike and ignored armour it wasn't a good spec.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I think Cataclysm-MoP was the last time I really liked every class.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Compared to the BFA frost DK it was complex (but I agree that DK was never a complex class).
    Blood flipping wasn't complex it was because frost has always been badly designed.

Also, BoS has more 'complexity' just in that one spell then the entire rest of frost DK's design history combined.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?