Poll: who would win in a fight

Major Payne vs Gunnery sgt Hartman

So who would win in a fight?

Gny Sgt Hartman

or Major Payne

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Gunny of course. Major Payne was just idiot imitation.

Theres plenty of people in real life in military that would be a more interesting "who would win" type situation than fictional movie characters putting on fake bravado

Could Thomas Cochrane defeat Admiral Yi Sun-sin? For example
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Theres plenty of people in real life in military that would be a more interesting "who would win" type situation than fictional movie characters putting on fake bravado

Could Thomas Cochrane defeat Admiral Yi Sun-sin? For example
    This is the cinema sub form. That's why this thread is about movie characters.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    This is the cinema sub form. That's why this thread is about movie characters.
    Yeah im aware, but i'm 90% sure I've already seen this thread at least 2-3 times now with someone treating Gny Sgt Hartman like a die hard character in real life because he put in a legendary acting performance when I'm saying you could have made a much more interesting thread not seen once every 5 months
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah im aware, but i'm 90% sure I've already seen this thread at least 2-3 times now with someone treating Gny Sgt Hartman like a die hard character in real life because he put in a legendary acting performance when I'm saying you could have made a much more interesting thread not seen once every 5 months
    If you don't want to contribute to a thread constructively you could always just not post in it. This is the cinema forum. If I posted about people irl it would be off topic for the forum.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Major Payne is basically a parody of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. Hartman is just R. Lee Ermey imitating his old job on set. Payne would be Harman's right hand instructor,

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Been a while since I saw FMJ...but from what I recall Hartman never really fights anyone so it's impossible to gauge his combat effectiveness.

Payne beats up a stupid fat biker. Not really a challenge...but at least it shows he has some physical capability.

So, based on what we actually saw from the characters...Payne takes this one pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Been a while since I saw FMJ...but from what I recall Hartman never really fights anyone so it's impossible to gauge his combat effectiveness.

Payne beats up a stupid fat biker. Not really a challenge...but at least it shows he has some physical capability.

So, based on what we actually saw from the characters...Payne takes this one pretty easily.
    Well, you also see Major Payne in some action in the beginning of the film. While I don't doubt Hartman's potential combat experience, you don't see him doing anything other than beat up a mentally challenged kid.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

If you don't want to contribute to a thread constructively you could always just not post in it. This is the cinema forum. If I posted about people irl it would be off topic for the forum.
    If you want to make threads about cinema characters fighting each other...you should try to pick characters that have actually had fight scenes. So people have something to reference other than "well, Gunny was pretty cool in FMJ so he wins"

Fights like James Bond vs Ethan Hunt, Daredevil vs Batman, John McClane vs Martin Riggs, John Wick vs The Punisher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Well, you also see Major Payne in some action in the beginning of the film. While I don't doubt Hartman's potential combat experience, you don't see him doing anything other than beat up a mentally challenged kid.
    Yeah, that's basically what I mean. Even though Major Payne is a comedy...he's shown to be at least a semi-competent fighter. Hartman doesn't do much but haze a fat simpleton that isn't in a position to even defend himself until he completely snaps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Major Payne would win, he only got the job over those kids because he ended all current wars n the army had no more use for him..

Gunnery while entertaining, is an old fart..

So who would win in a fight?

Gny Sgt Hartman

or Major Payne

Gunny, no contest.

5+ Year Old Account
    The objective of the poll was who would win in a fight, not which movie u prefer. Get it right, u turds, and one day u might graduate to maggots, iihii hii hii hii

Now, Major Payne's level is over the top, as if he could fight some characters in the mcu..weak ones, but still...Gunnery is just an old fart with a big mouth...