3+ Year Old Account

Making A Macro That Changes Fuction Depending On Which Ability Is Proc'd?

For example a macro for Rogues/ Ninjas that would be "Spinning Edge" by default, "Gust Slash" when said ability is proc'd, and "Aeolian Edge" when said ability is proc'd. That way you could save more space on your hotbar, especially for controller users.

10+ Year Old Account
    While technically possible in that you can do a sequence of skills with a wait delay in between each of them, in practice the macro system of XIV is very laggy and will result in you casting far fewer global cooldown abilities than you would without a macro as it has a built in delay, including some possibly skipped actions due to the lag.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    While technically possible in that you can do a sequence of skills with a wait delay in between each of them, in practice the macro system of XIV is very laggy and will result in you casting far fewer global cooldown abilities than you would without a macro as it has a built in delay, including some possibly skipped actions due to the lag.
    Yeah, heard about that. My idea was more like press RT+A for SE, RT+A again for GS, and then (if available) press RT+A again for AE. Then it repeats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Yeah, heard about that. My idea was more like press RT+A for SE, RT+A again for GS, and then (if available) press RT+A again for AE. Then it repeats.
    There's no way to do that natively, though that is how they work in PvP.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    There's no way to do that natively, though that is how they work in PvP.
    Darn. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    You can do this with hotbar swapping. The macro in Slot 1 does SE, then swaps to Hotbar 2. Then you have a second macro in Hotbar 2-Slot 1 that does GS and swaps to hotbar 3. Hotbar 3-Slot 1 does AE, and switches to Hotbar 1.

I think the command is: /hotbar change 2.

I haven't played NIN yet but I used a macro for Dragoon's "Wheeling Thrust" and "Fang and Claw" and there was basically no delay at all.
    I would refrain using it with skills that are not "greyed" out, whenever it's not available, though.
    Certainly, the hotbar change is not a good idea because it would just swap the hotbar even though you are in the middle of the GCD, wouldn't it?
    It's not tied to executing a skill.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-08-05 at 04:40 AM.

Yeah, I think it will still switch if you clip the GCD. But I'm not sure, I've never actually used it.