Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really don't see why they have to be so short sighted about this. People got heirlooms for the sake of leveling quicker, even with the squish they don't really give a damn how "awkward" it will be leveling even faster if they can just level faster. Not to mention what about future expansions? Surely they're not planning Shadowlands to be the last expansion or level 60 to be the new permanent level cap going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I really don't see why they have to be so short sighted about this. People got heirlooms for the sake of leveling quicker, even with the squish they don't really give a damn how "awkward" it will be leveling even faster if they can just level faster. Not to mention what about future expansions? Surely they're not planning Shadowlands to be the last expansion or level 60 to be the new permanent level cap going forward.
    It's quite likely the intention is to retain the same leveling speed to reach whatever level is needed to start the next xpac (50, 60, 70, etc), such that you pick your leveling area, and you'll be at the given level by the end. In this way, your time to level never goes up, as everything would get scaled every xpac.

I think these bonuses are the best outcome we could have hoped for. They're not meant to be epic bonuses, so stop expecting platinum rewards from a silver rated system. You're gonna blow through content with LFG and quests, you likely won't realize how redundant any bonuses are.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    For characters you are leveling up from last expansions max level, that rested XP bar bonus is okay. For any new alt you level from scratch however, not so much.

For me I level my main first and are busy with it for a week or two in the new expansion. Then I start level up the other alts from, in this example, BfA so I'll have max rested on them so the new rested xp bonus will work decently there.

But I see the criticism when it comes to new characters from level 1 or 10, they won't have much use for it if you are not one who levels few levels at a time then you do something else for days or weeks, then continue with it.
    Typically, the heirlooms aren't usable in the newest content for a long while, and their upgrades are implemented in a later X.1/X.2 patch. This is all assuming the upgrading mechanism stays the same, and there are level restraints. Unless one waits until the heirloom upgrades potentially come out, the rested xp set bonus won't likely apply to those leveling from 50 to 60.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that the players who even own a robust set of heirloom would almost never have any amount of rested XP available. If you sample all the leveling that occurs regardless of heirloom usage, I could see that rested xp gets used extensively. However, if you're using heirlooms to speed up your leveling, the chances that you'll have rested xp and the usefulness of a rested xp bonus become less and less.

I personally feel that if heirlooms will no longer supply XP bonuses, throughput increases and utility are probably the way to go. Whether this means heirlooms return to being more powerful than gear meant to be obtained at your current level or if set bonuses add perks to accomplish the same thing, it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that the amount of time/effort/gold invested in heirlooms is not minor, especially if you've been collecting them all and leveling a diverse amount of characters with them. It doesn't reach the gold levels of buying an AH mount, but it's still roughly a million gold just to upgrade all your heirlooms to 120 (buying most of the heirlooms costs even more gold). Even if you only upgrade a select few and ignore the rest, you can easily spend 100k to 200k gold fully upgrading your heirlooms that you'll use. For most players, that amount of gold is not insignificant.

I have a second sneaking suspicion that the reason Blizz went with rested xp instead of throughput/utility bonuses is PvP. There are ways around it, but it would still diminish their effectiveness or negate the bonuses entirely with most of the standard fixes Blizz likes to implement. Unfortunately, that just makes their proposed set bonus equally bad/useless for most of their target audience.

Regardless, the goal should be to have players who have invested in heirlooms to make it feel like they're worth it and fun to use. These set bonuses are almost a straight rip-off of D3-style mechanics (again...), which don't work well in practice in a game like WoW. Wonder if WoW team defaults to asking the D3 team for assistance when they run into a road block, and this is how we get D3-style implementations everywhere.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-08-05 at 11:27 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I'm so damn annoyed I can't reply to that blue post on the official WoW forums... I know they don't read them but I'm really angry about these bonuses. They're close to useless.

Why remove the XP bonuses? They want veteran players to level from 0 once again?
    Because as far as I know, and as the blue said, these bonuses were to aid people who already leveled a character and wants to spend less time leveling the next time.

They should have just restricted the amount of alts you need at max level before the XP bonuses were applied again. To like 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Dude, READ THE POST. Heirlooms are literally becoming even better than they are, purely from a stat perspective. Nobody is going to put on a fucking green or blue quest reward. Live in reality.
    Where does it say so?

Who uses rested xp for brand new alts that can now apparently get to cap within 5-7 hours? completely useless. Also the burst of of knowledge thing, most dings happen during quest turn ins not random mobbing.

If they want to make these things still useful bump up the ilvl enough to they're almost pre nerf levels and add some movement speed along with the out of combat regeneration.

why are people on this post acting so entitled like heirlooms are such an achievement that the bonuses should be catered exactly like they want? sound like so spoilt and whiny.

Those bonuses are boring. When I level up a char I never have time to get rested. And come on, dealing an aoe while leveling. Seems like a diablo 2 affix but sadly in WoW it just no happens enough to matter in any way or to be actually engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    why are people on this post acting so entitled like heirlooms are such an achievement that the bonuses should be catered exactly like they want? sound like so spoilt and whiny.
    For real...

I honestly wish they'd just get rid of heirlooms... they make leveling and dungeoning a lot less fun, as the chances you get a reward you actually need are pretty much lowered to 0, since so many slots are already filled.

Oh, why not just not use heirlooms then?

It's the curse of "I already have it."
    Blegh. =/
    Stay healthy and safe, my friends. <3

This is definitely not an acceptable bonus, it should have a straight up power gap compared to normal gear and it should offer stuff like high movement speed, fun combat procs, etc.
    You're not gonna be leveling up that often so that proc is just fucking useless.

At least give us the option of getting all our gold back and I'll be satisfied, cuz I'd rather take exp bonus over these lame ass bonuses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Are you for fucking real? Can you not use your brain and think for a second as to why people are upset? We've spent a shit ton of gold to have exp bonuses to have it taken away, in return we get the most boring set bounses this game has ever seen, this is as boring as WoW classic gear set bonuses.

Maybe think before you decide to comment next time.

The 60% rested exp is still very strong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because heirlooms gave you such a huge exp bonus on EVERYTHING that it made leveling way too quick, so it felt disjointed, so heirlooms felt required and expensive, instead of a bonus you could get.
    rested only effects a few things, and is limited, while just overall all exp is not.

- - - Updated - - -

gaining a level does not take 30 mins, actually if you are good you can keep this buff up 100%
    50 levels, takes about 10 hours to get 1-50.
    but you can speedrun it to be better of course.
    Astounding! FelPlague's come to defend Blizzard's garbage decisions again! Who would have guessed?!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    So lvl 120turns into 50. But how about other chars, eg if i have lvl 104, 90,110?
    what lvl will they be?
    • Level 120 becomes level 50
    • Level 110 becomes level 45
    • Level 100 becomes level 40
    • Level 80 becomes level 30
    • Level 61 becomes level 25
    • Level 45 becomes level 20
    • Level 28 becomes level 12
    • Level 20 becomes level 10
    • Level 10 becomes level 5

Source: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-level-squish
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Trash. Complete trash.

2 needs to be buffed to 100%

6 needs to be changed

4 is too low time, a joke really

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The 60% rested exp is still very strong.

How

It takes years to build up
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

As I predicted, heirlooms are utterly fucking useless in Shadowlands. If they don't give players the option to get a refund on their upgrades, then I(and likely a lot of other players) am abandoning this dumpster fire of a game. Because right now, the changes are basically Blizzard telling people that invested gold in heirlooms to go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Trash. Complete trash.

2 needs to be buffed to 100%

6 needs to be changed

4 is too low time, a joke really

How

It takes years to build up
    It takes 10 days to fully fill it up, 5 as pandaren. Your comment makes no sense either tbh: 100% would mean you always get double exp from rested.

Not that you need any bonus experience anymore in the first place, considerin how fast SL leveling is.

Quote Originally Posted by MageInACan View Post
    Astounding! FelPlague's come to defend Blizzard's garbage decisions again! Who would have guessed?!
    Astounding! A throwaway account starting drama.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

We want to ensure that players’ investment in these Heirlooms continues to offer unique benefits while levelling
    the unique benefit we bought or earned Heirloom gear for was "increased levelling speed"

any benefit other than (directly) "increased levelling speed" is not what I want out of heirlooms.

consuming rested experience at a slower rate? i mean it will lead to extra experience. so ok. i don't like it as much as flat "extra experience" but ok.

a 2/4 min stat buff? two to four min? really? make that 30 min to an hour and maybe it would be worth considering.

out of combat regeneration? ever since winds of change went live, I've been power levelling one of every class and race on the horde side. I don't think any character I've levelled so far (and all I have left to do is Troll Lock, UD Priest, and Gob Rogue) has ever needed to buy food or water. I'd even rather have increased rested experience generation.

What will be done about the hard to acquire heirlooms? for example, I went completely out of my way to earn the Stranglethorn fishing ring.

I would also like to see an additional 8 set bonus for those players who went out of their way to acquire the rings. perhaps the ability to generate rested experience anywhere.

What i can see happening from these changes is players will start making their character 10 days before they plan to start leveling it just to park it in a rested zone to generate that rested experience, then not playing alts until they've generated enough rested experience again. whats the point if you cant get any benefit out of your very costly heirloom gear?
    Last edited by Kazlehoff; 2020-08-06 at 12:51 AM.

this is sad but not surprising from blizzard. since they hate fun

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    And now we're getting cryptic. How does being critical of this change make you incapable of critical thinking? I'd say it's exactly the opposite. If you don't see these new heirloom bonuses are at the very least worse, then you're critical thinking is completely nonexistent.
    Cryptic?! Are you fucking serious?

Blizzard makes the leveling experience quicker which removes the necessity of items which make the leveling experience quicker. This isn't rocket surgery. If you can't put this together because you're too fucking angry that they "took away" something from you, you're probably not the brightest crayon in the box.