Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,381
    seems pretty shit to me, like people said, movement increase would be way better

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Stop playing and move on from this forum then? You are so wounded by perceived attacks by Blizzard on the playerbase that this game is obviously not good for your mental state. Having played every expansion, little shit like 2 capital cities in WOD are not relevant for the player experience in any impactful way, and are typically lost from memory the moment we leave an expansion. Id rather Blizzard focus on meaningful things like end game experience then which city i afk in while waiting for queues, or what model the last boss of an expansion has. We also knew it was an old expansion from moment one if you paid any attention to any lore material about Azerite and what the function of Azeroth itself was (old god prison).
    You're utterly incapable of being civil, huh? Just gotta be condescending even when you're wrong. Saying that the changes to WoD was "little shit" is just asinine. Just because you're fine being a shill for Blizzard doesn't mean everyone else is going to sit tight and let the company lie to them over and over. The function of Azeroth is NOT an Old God prison. Azeroth is the shell for a nascent Titan. The fact that you said its purpose is to be an Old God prison shows that YOU are who hasn't paid attention to lore and will just make shit up in order to justify Blizzard lying.

  3. #283
    Seeing as levelling is going to be just as quick as if you were wearing heirlooms, or even faster, it's going to make no difference tbh. The gear stats are good enough to still use/have them so they're still worth it. People are overly complaining about nothing, as usual.

  4. #284
    I don't really think you need xp bonuses with the new leveling, its so fast anyways. Why not add other stuff like Faster skill up on proffessions ? chance to get more ore while mining, Faster mount speeds etc. That would help tremendeously when leveling proffessions

  5. #285
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're utterly incapable of being civil, huh? Just gotta be condescending even when you're wrong. Saying that the changes to WoD was "little shit" is just asinine. Just because you're fine being a shill for Blizzard doesn't mean everyone else is going to sit tight and let the company lie to them over and over. The function of Azeroth is NOT an Old God prison. Azeroth is the shell for a nascent Titan. The fact that you said its purpose is to be an Old God prison shows that YOU are who hasn't paid attention to lore and will just make shit up in order to justify Blizzard lying.
    Literally has Nzoth\Yogg\Cthun\Y'shaarj imprisoned on Azeroth. Yes the original intent by the titans was to grow a new titan, but that was abandoned after the voidlords found Azeroth. So instead of a corrupted titan or a good titan, the old gods were imprisoned on Azeroth and it was essentially quarantined to prevent anyone getting the titansoul. But yeah i didnt pay attention.

    Keep beating your chest and whining that blizzard is lying about something like the leveling rate which is easily testable on the beta right now. Sorry the lack of two cities in WOD ruined the shit expansion for you.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Literally has Nzoth\Yogg\Cthun\Y'shaarj imprisoned on Azeroth. Yes the original intent by the titans was to grow a new titan, but that was abandoned after the voidlords found Azeroth. So instead of a corrupted titan or a good titan, the old gods were imprisoned on Azeroth and it was essentially quarantined to prevent anyone getting the titansoul. But yeah i didnt pay attention.

    Keep beating your chest and whining that blizzard is lying about something like the leveling rate which is easily testable on the beta right now. Sorry the lack of two cities in WOD ruined the shit expansion for you.
    Wow you literally don't know shit about the lore lmao. The Void Lords had no idea which worlds held nascent Titan world souls so they had hurled Old Gods across the cosmos in hopes of hitting a world containing a world soul. They hit Azeroth but she was strong enough to resist. The Pantheon found Azeroth and went to war with the Old Gods and learned if they killed them right there, it would also kill the nascent world soul. so they created prisons for the Old Gods until there was a time that they could figure out how to safely remove them. So...yeah. You absolutely didn't pay attention.

    The fact that you think that the beta is 100% a representation of what the final game will be is just a sign of how incredibly naive you are. The two cities being removed were only one example of the many MANY things Blizzard lied about with WoD. But it's obvious you'd rather eat up their lies.

  7. #287
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wow you literally don't know shit about the lore lmao. The Void Lords had no idea which worlds held nascent Titan world souls so they had hurled Old Gods across the cosmos in hopes of hitting a world containing a world soul. They hit Azeroth but she was strong enough to resist. The Pantheon found Azeroth and went to war with the Old Gods and learned if they killed them right there, it would also kill the nascent world soul. so they created prisons for the Old Gods until there was a time that they could figure out how to safely remove them. So...yeah. You absolutely didn't pay attention.

    The fact that you think that the beta is 100% a representation of what the final game will be is just a sign of how incredibly naive you are. The two cities being removed were only one example of the many MANY things Blizzard lied about with WoD. But it's obvious you'd rather eat up their lies.
    I know beta doesn't represent 1 to 1 to live experience, but i feel like we have something we can test, and blizzard has been listening to feedback extensively in the beta (torghast changes/Maw changes/Conduit changes) gives me hopes they will give players what is best. Because i still have a reasonable amount of faith that blizzard will still deliver on one of the strongest mmos in the market.

    WOD was terrible, but that was also due to blizzard being in a time constraint and not listening to feedback at all. SL betas has showed the exact opposite of this. But be the eternal pessimist, it seems you want nothing more than to complain about largely inconsequential things, such as nitpicking lore even though both what we said is essentially correct but since i paraphrased you think you have a leg up over me. And you say i am being demeaning when every post you have made is about me shilling blizzard, but if you ever seen any of my post history or beta feedback, you know that isn't true.

    Also btw, instead of derailing further for you to go redshirt guy on lore, i ignored you and will comeback to the thread at hand if something meaningful is posted.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  8. #288
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,562
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The fact that you are comparing real world economics to WoW gold is truly telling to how ignorant you really are. When it comes to things you buy from Blizzard, inflation really isn't a thing. They just create gold sinks because that's just what all MMOs do. It would be like giving the community a mount that upgrades with new things every expansion via gold but then decided one day they were going to remove the super useful aspects of the mount like flying and replaced it with worthless shit like giving you the option to change the mount's color.

    But there's no point in me explaining this because it's quite clear you have an utter disconnect from the playerbase and pretty support Blizzard no matter what.
    oh honey the fact that you don't know that wow has its own economy with it's own inflation and that the dev's set prices based on that is far more telling.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Yeah it's pretty good if you make a character and park it for a week before actually leveling them. Outside of that if you want to level a character right away, you're missing out of half the set bonuses. I didn't spend 200k+ for Heirlooms because I was too lazy to change gear pieces and that's essentially what they are now. Just pieces you don't have to replace. Def not worth the gold spent.
    well these are supposed to be to level alts if you want to make a new character and main it right away thats on you. If you have such a problem with it then dont use them.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I know beta doesn't represent 1 to 1 to live experience, but i feel like we have something we can test, and blizzard has been listening to feedback extensively in the beta (torghast changes/Maw changes/Conduit changes) gives me hopes they will give players what is best. Because i still have a reasonable amount of faith that blizzard will still deliver on one of the strongest mmos in the market.

    WOD was terrible, but that was also due to blizzard being in a time constraint and not listening to feedback at all. SL betas has showed the exact opposite of this. But be the eternal pessimist, it seems you want nothing more than to complain about largely inconsequential things, such as nitpicking lore even though both what we said is essentially correct but since i paraphrased you think you have a leg up over me. And you say i am being demeaning when every post you have made is about me shilling blizzard, but if you ever seen any of my post history or beta feedback, you know that isn't true.

    Also btw, instead of derailing further for you to go redshirt guy on lore, i ignored you and will comeback to the thread at hand if something meaningful is posted.
    The only redeeming factor of Shadowlands so far is Torghast. Everything else is either boring, more of the same, or just all around terrible. They've even doubled down in keeping Covenants the way they are despite feedback asking for changes.

    I'm not an eternal pessimist and you can make any bull shit excuse for Blizzard's shitstorm that was WoD all you want. As for "nitpicking" lore, I didn't nitpick shit. You didn't paraphrase, you were just 100% wrong about everything you said about the lore.

    And you continue to be a petulant child. I point out you were wrong and you double down on being condescending. Whatever. The topic at hand, the changes to heirlooms is a massive fuck you to everyone who has been upgrading heirlooms each expansion. The changes to the buffs are utterly worthless. First they nerfed the stats into the ground and now they're getting rid of the only reason to wear them. Anyone who paid gold to upgrade them 100% deserve their gold back.

  11. #291
    The bonus xp reductions seems really boring. 2 of them too....

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I agree a few of them are but you do go from 1-50 in like 7 hours on average now so does it really matter? They have to make sure people cannot level too fast because of the economy too. For example I have 4 max level characters running the 3 WoD dungeons and that nets me 45k'ish gold a week. Pretty effortless, and I can convert that into real currency to use in the store. They have certain things in place because your time if used effectively = more money than you are spending on a sub and they know this and also take this into consideration.
    Which 3 do you run? That's awesome I didn't even know that much banking was possible from just running them!

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Which 3 do you run? That's awesome I didn't even know that much banking was possible from just running them!
    I meant to say raids lol, Hellfire Citadel, Blackrock Foundry, and Highmaul.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  14. #294
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,413
    whelp good riddance to a system that I hated to begin with. I personally wouldn't mind if they got rid of them. Always hated them, I only ever used them within the first year they came out because it was new, but over time I got sick of looting at the same armor for so many levels and wanted to see the armor I was rewarded with through quests and dungeons. It made leveling feel bland, and one dimensional

    Now with that said my sister uses them and I know many liked using them and thats fine but I really hated it.

  15. #295
    so goodbye 50% and goodday to what...this? I want a refund of all the gold I spent on my heirlooms rather than run around with this shiet. they can not say the "unique" experience is going to cut down levelling by 50% as with the heirlooms should do

    another way blizzard makes sure peeps want to buy the levelling boost...and goodbye to the 100's of thousands of gold spent on getting these items.
    Last edited by Jotunhammer; 2020-08-06 at 02:45 PM.

  16. #296
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Unda da bridge, mon
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    so goodbye 50% and goodday to what...this? I want a refund of all the gold I spent on my heirlooms rather than run around with this shiet. they can not say the "unique" experience is going to cut down levelling by 50% as with the heirlooms should do

    another way blizzard makes sure peeps want to buy the levelling boost...and goodbye to the 100's of thousands of gold spent on getting these items.
    You mean like the hundreds of thousands that have been spent on BOE gear every raid pach that, within a couple months, became outdated and useless?
    I don't recall everyone up in arms demanding refunds bc they dropped thousands on a BOE then got a raid drop that was better.
    Them's just the breaks, baby.

    Take time, rationalize, gain perspective, it's all pixels in a video game.
    They could just as easily turn off all the servers next month and that could be that.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, because nothing lasts forever (even cold November rain).

  17. #297
    Lol, shit ton of gold on heirlooms that you can passively make back in a short period time. Sorry you spent hours farming gold for heirloom gear when leveling is already fast as fuck in bfa and even faster in shadowlands. Keep treating wow gold as real life money though.

    Maybe i am brain dead , but the focus of new level experience should be about the experience itself... oh but hey precious heirlooms though QQ... the very thing thay ruined leveling in the first place is slowly becoming absolete.. i love it.

    Im not suprised though, when blizzard announced the level squish, people were complaining similarily... acting as if blizzard was removing all those hard earned levels...

  18. #298
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I meant to say raids lol, Hellfire Citadel, Blackrock Foundry, and Highmaul.
    Run these three raids a few times and there's every Karen's refund for their heirlooms.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Lol, shit ton of gold on heirlooms that you can passively make back in a short period time. Sorry you spent hours farming gold for heirloom gear when leveling is already fast as fuck in bfa and even faster in shadowlands. Keep treating wow gold as real life money though.

    Maybe i am brain dead , but the focus of new level experience should be about the experience itself... oh but hey precious heirlooms though QQ... the very thing thay ruined leveling in the first place is slowly becoming absolete.. i love it.

    Im not suprised though, when blizzard announced the level squish, people were complaining similarily... acting as if blizzard was removing all those hard earned levels...
    As much as I agree that the leveling experience should be about the leveling experience, WoW players have made it clear they have no interest in such a thing.

    WoW players are all about endgame. It's been this way since BC essentially, when all of Vanilla became useless the moment BC launched. It's only gotten worse as more and more of the game is put in the "useless" category. They keep adding to the game, but all of the old content is just left to rot.

    This isn't because Blizzard chose to do it. It's because even as early as the BC launch, Vanilla content was dead. You couldn't get a raid going for MC after BC launch - MC was dead content, even if you never bought BC you were shit out of luck, your game was no longer a thing that people did.

    Hell, these days most WoW players demand leveling outright REMOVED nevermind a main focus. And the last time they tried to make a good leveling experience, we got Cata, which most people agreed about them having focused too much on the old world leveling process and not enough on the endgame.

    Ultimately, we're never getting meaningful leveling again. It's meant to be grind content to get people used to more grind content at endgame - That's why it's so miserable now. Honestly, I'd prefer they just left in the XP boost on heirlooms, because all people are going to do is find the fastest way to 60 and grind it out anyway. Who cares if it's disjointed if nobody's going to pay any attention to it anyway?
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-08-06 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Run these three raids a few times and there's every Karen's refund for their heirlooms.
    Honestly people are mad they spent money on something that helped for literally 5 expansions, not sure why people are that mad unless they bought a ton recently then maybe they should compensate the gold value back.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •