Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Lol, shit ton of gold on heirlooms that you can passively make back in a short period time. Sorry you spent hours farming gold for heirloom gear when leveling is already fast as fuck in bfa and even faster in shadowlands. Keep treating wow gold as real life money though.

Maybe i am brain dead , but the focus of new level experience should be about the experience itself... oh but hey precious heirlooms though QQ... the very thing thay ruined leveling in the first place is slowly becoming absolete.. i love it.

Im not suprised though, when blizzard announced the level squish, people were complaining similarily... acting as if blizzard was removing all those hard earned levels...
    Go play Classic if you want to slog through the uninspired and repetitive leveling experience WoW offers. Leveling isn't enjoyable in the slightest and now Blizzard is forcing us to slog through because....reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Go play Classic if you want to slog through the uninspired and repetitive leveling experience WoW offers. Leveling isn't enjoyable in the slightest and now Blizzard is forcing us to slog through because....reasons.
    Your opinion. I do remember learning way back in the 1st grade that opinions are subjective and not universal and just because you don't like a thing doesn't mean no one likes a thing. And for someone this salty about a video game and its creators, you sure seem to keep playing it.

The leveling system in SL is already supposed to be faster than what it is now, even with toons equipped with heirlooms. Cutting it in half further from heirlooms is ridiculous. I'm sorry but Blizzard's right in this; the leveling system is too fast for there to be heirlooms with even more experience boost. Unless you want to do, what, snap your fingers and be 50 immediately?

This thread alone put more people on my ignore list than all others combined. That's quite an achivement. Why can't this be discussed in a civilized manner?

It's either "lol, Blizz garbage company, refund plox!" or "You're subhuman garbage for not liking this change".

Honestly, why are heirloom users attacked here? The set boni are obviously pretty weak, with only one of them having a real impact at all (and non of them impacting activities other than killing mobs, like Pet Battles). I know, some people never liked Heirlooms to begin with, but that's no real reason to be so aggressive and ignorant.
    Heirloom are expensive and no, not everyone wants to run old raids on 5 chars every week to get this money back. And currently they are not worth their price anymore, because they don't provide an adequate advantage over questing gear. They are on par at most and for BfA they are now literally useless in the head, neck, chest and shoulder slots.

Just give them some usefullness. In an expansion that aspires to be "alt friendly" Heirlooms should not be discardable.

Dont play an MMORPG if you whine about leveling being a slog. Its super fast and easy to level than ever. In SL it wil be even faster and you being able to choose what expa sion to level through it will be less of a slog.
    Leveling is still in retail so it should be enjoyable atleast if they dont intend on removing it.

A lot of people want a good leveling experience, not exatcly how leveling was in old mmos

"made the new leveling experience feel very awkward with the extra leveling speed."
    what? Isn't this in contradiction with the widespread use of heirlooms up until now? People who have looms have already leveled other characters, and by this point most have leveled multiple other characters. We welcome the extra leveling speed, nothing about it is remotely awkward.

As for the set bonuses, they went out of their way to create bonuses that mechanically only work while you're leveling, instead of coming up with bonuses that would work even at max level, so they could avoid having to balance max level content around those or having to add "stops working at level X" disclaimers.

I'll confess, the rested XP bonuses don't strike me as being that bad. You just create a bunch of alts when SL launches, then go play your main, and eventually when you come back to level up your alts they'll be fully rested. Nevertheless, I can only see them making much of a difference for pandaren. It would be nice if instead of just lasting 60% longer, rested XP would also be accrued 60% faster and be accrued at the same rate outside rested locations.

The proc is disappointing in its duration. 4 minutes? If I ding handing in quests in the middle of a town or at the end of a dungeon, it's a complete fucking waste. At the very least, it should be endlessly extendable, not just up to 4 minutes total. Also, queue the "but if someone dings in a bg, they'll have an unfair advantage" complaints.

As for out of combat regeneration, no, just no. No. Unless you're talking near instant full health/mana/energy, do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    As for out of combat regeneration, no, just no. No. Unless you're talking near instant full health/mana/energy, do something else.
    Yeah I don't get why they think anyone is worried about out of combat regeneration. This isn't classic where you eat and drink after killing a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah I don't get why they think anyone is worried about out of combat regeneration. This isn't classic where you eat and drink after killing a mob.
    Havent played the beta but I wonder if you will have to more than compared to BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    You mean like the hundreds of thousands that have been spent on BOE gear every raid pach that, within a couple months, became outdated and useless?
    I don't recall everyone up in arms demanding refunds bc they dropped thousands on a BOE then got a raid drop that was better.
    Them's just the breaks, baby.

Take time, rationalize, gain perspective, it's all pixels in a video game.
    They could just as easily turn off all the servers next month and that could be that.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, because nothing lasts forever (even cold November rain).
    the difference is that HEIRLOOMS suppose to help levelling by X% , BOE has no such promise.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Jesus there are some salty people in this game. You realize shadowlands 10-50 takes like 5-7 hours, and less if you are good (desMesphisto pulled a 4:11). Are you that upset over something that will only affect you at most, half a day?
    Jesus there are some salty people on this forum. You realize my comment doesn't affect your crappy life in any way, and even less if you just ignore it? Are you that upset over someone having a different opinion that literally has no effect whatsoever in your entire life and doesn't prevent you from enjoying WoW in any way whatsoever? Get laid.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Heyyyyy!! I made a post for this a couple of weeks ago ))) sweett!!!

I got my gold's worth out of the heirlooms (and at one point I had 3 complete cloth sets), and I am looking forward to the new leveling speed.

What disparity did it cause? People paid gold for more convenience. That's not disparity. It's more jealousy than anything.

And Blizzard has made claims about expansion features in the past that were complete lies. I'm more inclined to believe that they're lying about the leveling experience being faster because they know people are going to be pissed about heirlooms. they don't want people refunding Shadowlands. They lied about a lot of shit with WoD too and I can see them doing it again. They don't care about leveling speed right now because they'll have to level more in SL. And people coming back to the game will be at the new leveling progress with no heirlooms to help them anymore.
    The disparity was that a fraction of the playerbase was leveling much faster than the rest. Heirlooms were introduced as a bandage for the horrible slog that leveling was, but over time, this presented a larger and larger problem in that schism between those with Heirlooms, and those without (often newer players). It's also why this leveling revamp includes a nice and shiny "New Player Experience" island for 1-10. Heirlooms also resulted in situations where, since everything was tailored around the base stats, those with heirlooms would out level a zone mid quest line. They attempted to fix these issues multiple times in the past, but nothing really worked.

Hence why they decided the best solution would be to totally revamp leveling. With that leveling revamp came a much more structured, smooth, and quick leveling experience for all players, and thus, heirlooms no longer needed to exist as they had been (a bandage to alleviate the long grind that leveling was). The only "jealousy" that I see is that others are going to essentially get the bonus XP for free by never having upgraded their heirlooms.

As far as Blizz "lying" about features (which is an argument I see often), Blizz has almost never removed/pulled the rug out from a feature that has been fully developed and tested. Pretty much everything that gets brought up as things that Blizz announced and didn't follow through on, are things that never reached full development (Path of the Titans, WoD Shattarath, Faralon, Legion Island) or were changed/being changed early in development, like WoD hubs, which were being redone before Beta hit.

The leveling revamp hit full development and testing a long time ago, and was one of the hallmark features that was tested during the alpha. If it was gonna be gutted like a fish, it would have happened by now. I know it's easy to be a cynic when you view all the things that Blizz didn't move forward with after presenting ideas in SUPER EARLY development, but things that make it this far along in the development cycle generally don't up and and do a 180.

I'll take a refund....

Glad i only upgraded the cloth set...

(3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
    (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
    (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.

These seem a bit weak, and i am sure Blizz will tweak them out

I think 6 is extremely weak, maybe they can have it so XP earned X% is converted into Rested XP
    3 - Probably needs a dmg buff more than anything
    4 - This is cool....but feels too short, though in dungeons it might be fantastic.

These are some trash set abilities.

Maybe the burst of Holy energy could be converted to an explosion of a school of magic damage based on Rage, Energy, or Mana damage depending on your class? (To kind of reflect as well that resources fill up when you level, so it's like all the excess explodes out and hits everything while also being class appropriate, because especially darker themed classes like Warlocks, Demon Hunters, and Death Knights may be weird to do Holy damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Dont play an MMORPG if you whine about leveling being a slog. Its super fast and easy to level than ever. In SL it wil be even faster and you being able to choose what expa sion to level through it will be less of a slog.
    Leveling is still in retail so it should be enjoyable atleast if they dont intend on removing it.

A lot of people want a good leveling experience, not exatcly how leveling was in old mmos
    I'm fine with leveling when it's fun. WoW leveling isn't fun in the slightest. The quests are uninspired, boring grindfests. The change to heirlooms makes the hundreds of thousands of gold investments utterly worthless. First they nerfed the stats and now they replacing the experience buffs with absolute fucking trash.

i dont get the sense of a rested xp bonus at all. i not really get, what Blizzards view of a typical Heirloom leveling guy is.

In my world this looks like this:

- Someone with full Heirloom plays not his first character.
    - Someone that starts another character at level 1 wanna play it NOW.
    - Level 1 has no rested XP.
    - Level 50 is reached in around 7-10 hours (above 50 Heirloom dont work).

Result: This guy plays that char in 1 day to max level (in the worst case in 2-3 days). Imo there will be literally NO MOMENT where he gets really any rested xp.

So i dont get Blizzards view here. They literally „force“ (or strongly „supports“) you to level a char over 2-3 weeks to make every ingame second/minute more effective, by using rested xp. or they „force“ you to level alts as a whole army, like 4 alts in parallel, because when playing 1 day with 4 alts while always 3 are resting, is same effective as playing 1 with no rest, .... well thats somewhat stupid to not play more than 1 alt ???

this resting xp set bonus looks VERY WEIRD to me. either i dont get what picture Blizz have in mind here, or they just not thought much about it.

Blizz would at least not looking so assholy, if you can bring back your existing (4 times upgraded) heirlooms to the trading guy and get all the invested gold back. i regret heavily for collecting heirlooms and invested around 1.000.000 gold. aka i want my fukin money back. that sucks.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-08-07 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    This thread alone put more people on my ignore list than all others combined. That's quite an achivement. Why can't this be discussed in a civilized manner?

It's either "lol, Blizz garbage company, refund plox!" or "You're subhuman garbage for not liking this change".

Honestly, why are heirloom users attacked here? The set boni are obviously pretty weak, with only one of them having a real impact at all (and non of them impacting activities other than killing mobs, like Pet Battles). I know, some people never liked Heirlooms to begin with, but that's no real reason to be so aggressive and ignorant.
    Heirloom are expensive and no, not everyone wants to run old raids on 5 chars every week to get this money back. And currently they are not worth their price anymore, because they don't provide an adequate advantage over questing gear. They are on par at most and for BfA they are now literally useless in the head, neck, chest and shoulder slots.

Just give them some usefullness. In an expansion that aspires to be "alt friendly" Heirlooms should not be discardable.
    People looks extra frustrated here these days. Actually, people everywhere seem to have lower toleration for anything these days. World is in a sad state

The set bonuses are pretty meh, but then again I can't say I was ever expecting them to be changed to anything amaze balls either.

Rested XP acquisition just takes too long to really get much use out of, honestly I'd have gone the opposite way and have the set bonus reduce the time it takes to gain rested XP by like 60% and maybe something silly like be able to gain rested XP while online and not in rest areas.