Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm so damn annoyed I can't reply to that blue post on the official WoW forums... I know they don't read them but I'm really angry about these bonuses. They're close to useless.

Why remove the XP bonuses? They want veteran players to level from 0 once again?
    Because as far as I know, and as the blue said, these bonuses were to aid people who already leveled a character and wants to spend less time leveling the next time.

They should have just restricted the amount of alts you need at max level before the XP bonuses were applied again. To like 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Dude, READ THE POST. Heirlooms are literally becoming even better than they are, purely from a stat perspective. Nobody is going to put on a fucking green or blue quest reward. Live in reality.
    Where does it say so?

Who uses rested xp for brand new alts that can now apparently get to cap within 5-7 hours? completely useless. Also the burst of of knowledge thing, most dings happen during quest turn ins not random mobbing.

If they want to make these things still useful bump up the ilvl enough to they're almost pre nerf levels and add some movement speed along with the out of combat regeneration.

why are people on this post acting so entitled like heirlooms are such an achievement that the bonuses should be catered exactly like they want? sound like so spoilt and whiny.

Those bonuses are boring. When I level up a char I never have time to get rested. And come on, dealing an aoe while leveling. Seems like a diablo 2 affix but sadly in WoW it just no happens enough to matter in any way or to be actually engaging.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    why are people on this post acting so entitled like heirlooms are such an achievement that the bonuses should be catered exactly like they want? sound like so spoilt and whiny.
    For real...

I honestly wish they'd just get rid of heirlooms... they make leveling and dungeoning a lot less fun, as the chances you get a reward you actually need are pretty much lowered to 0, since so many slots are already filled.

Oh, why not just not use heirlooms then?

It's the curse of "I already have it."
    Blegh. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    This is definitely not an acceptable bonus, it should have a straight up power gap compared to normal gear and it should offer stuff like high movement speed, fun combat procs, etc.
    You're not gonna be leveling up that often so that proc is just fucking useless.

At least give us the option of getting all our gold back and I'll be satisfied, cuz I'd rather take exp bonus over these lame ass bonuses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Are you for fucking real? Can you not use your brain and think for a second as to why people are upset? We've spent a shit ton of gold to have exp bonuses to have it taken away, in return we get the most boring set bounses this game has ever seen, this is as boring as WoW classic gear set bonuses.

Maybe think before you decide to comment next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 60% rested exp is still very strong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because heirlooms gave you such a huge exp bonus on EVERYTHING that it made leveling way too quick, so it felt disjointed, so heirlooms felt required and expensive, instead of a bonus you could get.
    rested only effects a few things, and is limited, while just overall all exp is not.

- - - Updated - - -

gaining a level does not take 30 mins, actually if you are good you can keep this buff up 100%
    50 levels, takes about 10 hours to get 1-50.
    but you can speedrun it to be better of course.
    Astounding! FelPlague's come to defend Blizzard's garbage decisions again! Who would have guessed?!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeros View Post
    So lvl 120turns into 50. But how about other chars, eg if i have lvl 104, 90,110?
    what lvl will they be?
    • Level 120 becomes level 50
    • Level 110 becomes level 45
    • Level 100 becomes level 40
    • Level 80 becomes level 30
    • Level 61 becomes level 25
    • Level 45 becomes level 20
    • Level 28 becomes level 12
    • Level 20 becomes level 10
    • Level 10 becomes level 5

Source: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-level-squish
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash. Complete trash.

2 needs to be buffed to 100%

6 needs to be changed

4 is too low time, a joke really

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

How

It takes years to build up
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

As I predicted, heirlooms are utterly fucking useless in Shadowlands. If they don't give players the option to get a refund on their upgrades, then I(and likely a lot of other players) am abandoning this dumpster fire of a game. Because right now, the changes are basically Blizzard telling people that invested gold in heirlooms to go fuck themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Trash. Complete trash.

2 needs to be buffed to 100%

6 needs to be changed

4 is too low time, a joke really

How

It takes years to build up
    It takes 10 days to fully fill it up, 5 as pandaren. Your comment makes no sense either tbh: 100% would mean you always get double exp from rested.

Not that you need any bonus experience anymore in the first place, considerin how fast SL leveling is.

Quote Originally Posted by MageInACan View Post
    Astounding! FelPlague's come to defend Blizzard's garbage decisions again! Who would have guessed?!
    Astounding! A throwaway account starting drama.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

We want to ensure that players’ investment in these Heirlooms continues to offer unique benefits while levelling
    the unique benefit we bought or earned Heirloom gear for was "increased levelling speed"

any benefit other than (directly) "increased levelling speed" is not what I want out of heirlooms.

consuming rested experience at a slower rate? i mean it will lead to extra experience. so ok. i don't like it as much as flat "extra experience" but ok.

a 2/4 min stat buff? two to four min? really? make that 30 min to an hour and maybe it would be worth considering.

out of combat regeneration? ever since winds of change went live, I've been power levelling one of every class and race on the horde side. I don't think any character I've levelled so far (and all I have left to do is Troll Lock, UD Priest, and Gob Rogue) has ever needed to buy food or water. I'd even rather have increased rested experience generation.

What will be done about the hard to acquire heirlooms? for example, I went completely out of my way to earn the Stranglethorn fishing ring.

I would also like to see an additional 8 set bonus for those players who went out of their way to acquire the rings. perhaps the ability to generate rested experience anywhere.

What i can see happening from these changes is players will start making their character 10 days before they plan to start leveling it just to park it in a rested zone to generate that rested experience, then not playing alts until they've generated enough rested experience again. whats the point if you cant get any benefit out of your very costly heirloom gear?
    Last edited by Kazlehoff; 2020-08-06 at 12:51 AM.

this is sad but not surprising from blizzard. since they hate fun

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    And now we're getting cryptic. How does being critical of this change make you incapable of critical thinking? I'd say it's exactly the opposite. If you don't see these new heirloom bonuses are at the very least worse, then you're critical thinking is completely nonexistent.
    Cryptic?! Are you fucking serious?

Blizzard makes the leveling experience quicker which removes the necessity of items which make the leveling experience quicker. This isn't rocket surgery. If you can't put this together because you're too fucking angry that they "took away" something from you, you're probably not the brightest crayon in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Those bonuses are lame.
    Not if you dungeon spam. Kind of insane then.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Even with dungeon spam, these bonuses are trash.

Hahahahahaha

People are ugly crying, demanding gold refunds. What the fluying fuck. Have you not used those heirlooms? Why the fuck buy them then?

Seems to me you can't accept your own stupidity. I mean to be so angry and offended by fucking this.

Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It is only strong if you let your toon sit for a week. At that point you'll have enough rest for 2.5 levels (currently, so maybe 5 in the expansion) so it'll only last for ~5-8 levels if that and then you'll be receiving zero bonus. If you don't let your toon sit that long then the bonus is more useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    They are even more lame if you dungeon spam.