Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Literally has Nzoth\Yogg\Cthun\Y'shaarj imprisoned on Azeroth. Yes the original intent by the titans was to grow a new titan, but that was abandoned after the voidlords found Azeroth. So instead of a corrupted titan or a good titan, the old gods were imprisoned on Azeroth and it was essentially quarantined to prevent anyone getting the titansoul. But yeah i didnt pay attention.

Keep beating your chest and whining that blizzard is lying about something like the leveling rate which is easily testable on the beta right now. Sorry the lack of two cities in WOD ruined the shit expansion for you.
    Wow you literally don't know shit about the lore lmao. The Void Lords had no idea which worlds held nascent Titan world souls so they had hurled Old Gods across the cosmos in hopes of hitting a world containing a world soul. They hit Azeroth but she was strong enough to resist. The Pantheon found Azeroth and went to war with the Old Gods and learned if they killed them right there, it would also kill the nascent world soul. so they created prisons for the Old Gods until there was a time that they could figure out how to safely remove them. So...yeah. You absolutely didn't pay attention.

The fact that you think that the beta is 100% a representation of what the final game will be is just a sign of how incredibly naive you are. The two cities being removed were only one example of the many MANY things Blizzard lied about with WoD. But it's obvious you'd rather eat up their lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wow you literally don't know shit about the lore lmao. The Void Lords had no idea which worlds held nascent Titan world souls so they had hurled Old Gods across the cosmos in hopes of hitting a world containing a world soul. They hit Azeroth but she was strong enough to resist. The Pantheon found Azeroth and went to war with the Old Gods and learned if they killed them right there, it would also kill the nascent world soul. so they created prisons for the Old Gods until there was a time that they could figure out how to safely remove them. So...yeah. You absolutely didn't pay attention.

The fact that you think that the beta is 100% a representation of what the final game will be is just a sign of how incredibly naive you are. The two cities being removed were only one example of the many MANY things Blizzard lied about with WoD. But it's obvious you'd rather eat up their lies.
    I know beta doesn't represent 1 to 1 to live experience, but i feel like we have something we can test, and blizzard has been listening to feedback extensively in the beta (torghast changes/Maw changes/Conduit changes) gives me hopes they will give players what is best. Because i still have a reasonable amount of faith that blizzard will still deliver on one of the strongest mmos in the market.

WOD was terrible, but that was also due to blizzard being in a time constraint and not listening to feedback at all. SL betas has showed the exact opposite of this. But be the eternal pessimist, it seems you want nothing more than to complain about largely inconsequential things, such as nitpicking lore even though both what we said is essentially correct but since i paraphrased you think you have a leg up over me. And you say i am being demeaning when every post you have made is about me shilling blizzard, but if you ever seen any of my post history or beta feedback, you know that isn't true.

Also btw, instead of derailing further for you to go redshirt guy on lore, i ignored you and will comeback to the thread at hand if something meaningful is posted.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you are comparing real world economics to WoW gold is truly telling to how ignorant you really are. When it comes to things you buy from Blizzard, inflation really isn't a thing. They just create gold sinks because that's just what all MMOs do. It would be like giving the community a mount that upgrades with new things every expansion via gold but then decided one day they were going to remove the super useful aspects of the mount like flying and replaced it with worthless shit like giving you the option to change the mount's color.

But there's no point in me explaining this because it's quite clear you have an utter disconnect from the playerbase and pretty support Blizzard no matter what.
    oh honey the fact that you don't know that wow has its own economy with it's own inflation and that the dev's set prices based on that is far more telling.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Yeah it's pretty good if you make a character and park it for a week before actually leveling them. Outside of that if you want to level a character right away, you're missing out of half the set bonuses. I didn't spend 200k+ for Heirlooms because I was too lazy to change gear pieces and that's essentially what they are now. Just pieces you don't have to replace. Def not worth the gold spent.
    well these are supposed to be to level alts if you want to make a new character and main it right away thats on you. If you have such a problem with it then dont use them.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I know beta doesn't represent 1 to 1 to live experience, but i feel like we have something we can test, and blizzard has been listening to feedback extensively in the beta (torghast changes/Maw changes/Conduit changes) gives me hopes they will give players what is best. Because i still have a reasonable amount of faith that blizzard will still deliver on one of the strongest mmos in the market.

WOD was terrible, but that was also due to blizzard being in a time constraint and not listening to feedback at all. SL betas has showed the exact opposite of this. But be the eternal pessimist, it seems you want nothing more than to complain about largely inconsequential things, such as nitpicking lore even though both what we said is essentially correct but since i paraphrased you think you have a leg up over me. And you say i am being demeaning when every post you have made is about me shilling blizzard, but if you ever seen any of my post history or beta feedback, you know that isn't true.

Also btw, instead of derailing further for you to go redshirt guy on lore, i ignored you and will comeback to the thread at hand if something meaningful is posted.
    The only redeeming factor of Shadowlands so far is Torghast. Everything else is either boring, more of the same, or just all around terrible. They've even doubled down in keeping Covenants the way they are despite feedback asking for changes.

I'm not an eternal pessimist and you can make any bull shit excuse for Blizzard's shitstorm that was WoD all you want. As for "nitpicking" lore, I didn't nitpick shit. You didn't paraphrase, you were just 100% wrong about everything you said about the lore.

And you continue to be a petulant child. I point out you were wrong and you double down on being condescending. Whatever. The topic at hand, the changes to heirlooms is a massive fuck you to everyone who has been upgrading heirlooms each expansion. The changes to the buffs are utterly worthless. First they nerfed the stats into the ground and now they're getting rid of the only reason to wear them. Anyone who paid gold to upgrade them 100% deserve their gold back.

The bonus xp reductions seems really boring. 2 of them too....

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Which 3 do you run? That's awesome I didn't even know that much banking was possible from just running them!
    I meant to say raids lol, Hellfire Citadel, Blackrock Foundry, and Highmaul.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    whelp good riddance to a system that I hated to begin with. I personally wouldn't mind if they got rid of them. Always hated them, I only ever used them within the first year they came out because it was new, but over time I got sick of looting at the same armor for so many levels and wanted to see the armor I was rewarded with through quests and dungeons. It made leveling feel bland, and one dimensional

Now with that said my sister uses them and I know many liked using them and thats fine but I really hated it.

so goodbye 50% and goodday to what...this? I want a refund of all the gold I spent on my heirlooms rather than run around with this shiet. they can not say the "unique" experience is going to cut down levelling by 50% as with the heirlooms should do

another way blizzard makes sure peeps want to buy the levelling boost...and goodbye to the 100's of thousands of gold spent on getting these items.
    Last edited by Jotunhammer; 2020-08-06 at 02:45 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    so goodbye 50% and goodday to what...this? I want a refund of all the gold I spent on my heirlooms rather than run around with this shiet. they can not say the "unique" experience is going to cut down levelling by 50% as with the heirlooms should do

another way blizzard makes sure peeps want to buy the levelling boost...and goodbye to the 100's of thousands of gold spent on getting these items.
    You mean like the hundreds of thousands that have been spent on BOE gear every raid pach that, within a couple months, became outdated and useless?
    I don't recall everyone up in arms demanding refunds bc they dropped thousands on a BOE then got a raid drop that was better.
    Them's just the breaks, baby.

Take time, rationalize, gain perspective, it's all pixels in a video game.
    They could just as easily turn off all the servers next month and that could be that.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, because nothing lasts forever (even cold November rain).

Lol, shit ton of gold on heirlooms that you can passively make back in a short period time. Sorry you spent hours farming gold for heirloom gear when leveling is already fast as fuck in bfa and even faster in shadowlands. Keep treating wow gold as real life money though.

Maybe i am brain dead , but the focus of new level experience should be about the experience itself... oh but hey precious heirlooms though QQ... the very thing thay ruined leveling in the first place is slowly becoming absolete.. i love it.

Im not suprised though, when blizzard announced the level squish, people were complaining similarily... acting as if blizzard was removing all those hard earned levels...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I meant to say raids lol, Hellfire Citadel, Blackrock Foundry, and Highmaul.
    Run these three raids a few times and there's every Karen's refund for their heirlooms.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Run these three raids a few times and there's every Karen's refund for their heirlooms.
    Honestly people are mad they spent money on something that helped for literally 5 expansions, not sure why people are that mad unless they bought a ton recently then maybe they should compensate the gold value back.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    Lol, shit ton of gold on heirlooms that you can passively make back in a short period time. Sorry you spent hours farming gold for heirloom gear when leveling is already fast as fuck in bfa and even faster in shadowlands. Keep treating wow gold as real life money though.

Maybe i am brain dead , but the focus of new level experience should be about the experience itself... oh but hey precious heirlooms though QQ... the very thing thay ruined leveling in the first place is slowly becoming absolete.. i love it.

Im not suprised though, when blizzard announced the level squish, people were complaining similarily... acting as if blizzard was removing all those hard earned levels...
    Go play Classic if you want to slog through the uninspired and repetitive leveling experience WoW offers. Leveling isn't enjoyable in the slightest and now Blizzard is forcing us to slog through because....reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go play Classic if you want to slog through the uninspired and repetitive leveling experience WoW offers. Leveling isn't enjoyable in the slightest and now Blizzard is forcing us to slog through because....reasons.
    Your opinion. I do remember learning way back in the 1st grade that opinions are subjective and not universal and just because you don't like a thing doesn't mean no one likes a thing. And for someone this salty about a video game and its creators, you sure seem to keep playing it.

The leveling system in SL is already supposed to be faster than what it is now, even with toons equipped with heirlooms. Cutting it in half further from heirlooms is ridiculous. I'm sorry but Blizzard's right in this; the leveling system is too fast for there to be heirlooms with even more experience boost. Unless you want to do, what, snap your fingers and be 50 immediately?
    Putin khuliyo

This thread alone put more people on my ignore list than all others combined. That's quite an achivement. Why can't this be discussed in a civilized manner?

It's either "lol, Blizz garbage company, refund plox!" or "You're subhuman garbage for not liking this change".

Honestly, why are heirloom users attacked here? The set boni are obviously pretty weak, with only one of them having a real impact at all (and non of them impacting activities other than killing mobs, like Pet Battles). I know, some people never liked Heirlooms to begin with, but that's no real reason to be so aggressive and ignorant.
    Heirloom are expensive and no, not everyone wants to run old raids on 5 chars every week to get this money back. And currently they are not worth their price anymore, because they don't provide an adequate advantage over questing gear. They are on par at most and for BfA they are now literally useless in the head, neck, chest and shoulder slots.

Just give them some usefullness. In an expansion that aspires to be "alt friendly" Heirlooms should not be discardable.

Dont play an MMORPG if you whine about leveling being a slog. Its super fast and easy to level than ever. In SL it wil be even faster and you being able to choose what expa sion to level through it will be less of a slog.
    Leveling is still in retail so it should be enjoyable atleast if they dont intend on removing it.

A lot of people want a good leveling experience, not exatcly how leveling was in old mmos

"made the new leveling experience feel very awkward with the extra leveling speed."
    what? Isn't this in contradiction with the widespread use of heirlooms up until now? People who have looms have already leveled other characters, and by this point most have leveled multiple other characters. We welcome the extra leveling speed, nothing about it is remotely awkward.

As for the set bonuses, they went out of their way to create bonuses that mechanically only work while you're leveling, instead of coming up with bonuses that would work even at max level, so they could avoid having to balance max level content around those or having to add "stops working at level X" disclaimers.

I'll confess, the rested XP bonuses don't strike me as being that bad. You just create a bunch of alts when SL launches, then go play your main, and eventually when you come back to level up your alts they'll be fully rested. Nevertheless, I can only see them making much of a difference for pandaren. It would be nice if instead of just lasting 60% longer, rested XP would also be accrued 60% faster and be accrued at the same rate outside rested locations.

The proc is disappointing in its duration. 4 minutes? If I ding handing in quests in the middle of a town or at the end of a dungeon, it's a complete fucking waste. At the very least, it should be endlessly extendable, not just up to 4 minutes total. Also, queue the "but if someone dings in a bg, they'll have an unfair advantage" complaints.

As for out of combat regeneration, no, just no. No. Unless you're talking near instant full health/mana/energy, do something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    As for out of combat regeneration, no, just no. No. Unless you're talking near instant full health/mana/energy, do something else.
    Yeah I don't get why they think anyone is worried about out of combat regeneration. This isn't classic where you eat and drink after killing a mob.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah I don't get why they think anyone is worried about out of combat regeneration. This isn't classic where you eat and drink after killing a mob.
    Havent played the beta but I wonder if you will have to more than compared to BFA