Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Red face Finally all the legendarys (and I liked it)!!

    Finally a little rogue love.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317272/...ds-build-35432

    As main subtlety I will comment only on the spec I care about most but you are free to comment on the above link.
    All my Hype goes to "Akaari's Soul Fragment".
    I will only pray that the shadows are copies of our character and not of a Draenei female.

    I actually thought everyone was great for my good old PVP.

    SUBTLETY:

    Finality Eviscerate, Rupture, and Shadow Vault increase the damage of your next use of the finishing move by 20%.

    Akaari's Soul Fragment After using Shadowstrike or Cheap Shot, your target suffers a Shadowstrike from the shadows 2 sec later, at 100% effectiveness.

    The Rotten For 2 sec after activating Symbols of Death, your Shadowstrike and Backstab generate 4 additional combo points.

    Deathly Shadows Vanish grants 5 combo points and increases all damage dealt by 15% for 10 sec.

    Edit:
    I almost never play with Outlaw but it seems to me that the legendary for this spec are not very good. I may be mistaken but I think I saw the word "chance" a lot.
    It seems to me that the RNG Gods continue to influence the life of Rogue Outlaw ...
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-08-05 at 11:12 PM.

  2. #2
    It's almost like they didn't realise that Akaari's Soul was shit before. Ughhh.

    At least it's not as bad as I originally thought, though. When I read the Finality I assumed it was the shit Night's Vengeance trait we have now, so we'd have to Rupture>Evisc constantly. I imagine the 100% crit will be BiS though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It's almost like they didn't realise that Akaari's Soul was shit before. Ughhh.

    At least it's not as bad as I originally thought, though. When I read the Finality I assumed it was the shit Night's Vengeance trait we have now, so we'd have to Rupture>Evisc constantly. I imagine the 100% crit will be BiS though.
    Did Akaari's generate combo points on the extra hit?

    If the 100% crit you are referring to is the mantle of master assassin leggo then I believe you are right. Especially when you combine it with Septic dot that gives you a free vanish.

  4. #4
    Honestly? I don't like them so much. Akaari's Fragment is flavourful and i'm probably just gonna use that, but they're not really good as the Assassination ones.

    The reason is that they're pretty much passive "your X does more damage". Which is functional for sure but it's not interesting at all. They could literally be "you do X% more damage". On the other side you have things like Doomblade that makes you change your actual build and playstyle by stacking more bleed effects on your target.

    Anyway, some deeper analysis of the powers:

    - Finality just rewards you when you spam eviscerates. It's not "20% more damage on next finisher", it's "20% more damage on next use of the same finisher". Granted, we could put up 1CP rupture, then 5CP and refresh rupture for the bonus, but imho it's a very clunky way to make use of this. Eviscerate on the other side will work as usual. Until the buff stays up indefinitely so it becomes a "once every two finishers you get 20% dmg bonus on that finisher", also assuming the buffs are separate depending on the finishers you use.

    - Akaari as said above has some flavour, but that's it. If it generates also combo other than doing dual damage it could be interesting for the spec flow; plus, i assume it also refreshes FW duration.

    - Deathly Shadows makes so Vanish becomes even more a damage CD. I can see this pretty good for PvP for the additional burst on demand, but that's it.

    - The Rotten looks kinda half assed; it could easily be "your next shadowstrike or backstab" since the window is 2sec plus you have guaranteed full combo so you're using the next GCD for a finisher anyway. Also, if you don't spec Deeper Stratagem 1 combo is more or less always wasted (only case this is not true is with Backstab and Shadow Techinques not proccing).

    All in all, it's just a matter of doing the math and choosing the stronger one. In PvP i'm gonna bet on the Vanish one, the synergy is really good. Otherwise, Mantle of the Master Assassin just works way better with the spec, especially in M+ where you can restealth very frequently and can abuse it for spreading FW in AoE.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  5. #5
    Deathly shadows is hfc sub set bonus, honestly had most fun playing sub that tier. Our burst is gona be nuts.

    The return of bandit's guile is also welcome.
    Last edited by Kyarxadron; 2020-08-06 at 09:07 AM.

  6. #6
    if Akaari acts like the legion artifact trait, it will NOT give CP, just an additional hit equal to a SS.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    if Akaari acts like the legion artifact trait, it will NOT give CP, just an additional hit equal to a SS.
    Then it's a passive damage increase. Also if it's just a damage proc, won't extend FW duration.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Did Akaari's generate combo points on the extra hit?

    If the 100% crit you are referring to is the mantle of master assassin leggo then I believe you are right. Especially when you combine it with Septic dot that gives you a free vanish.
    No, just damage. It also broke CC too, which was shit if you wanted to CS> Blind or whatever.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    No, just damage. It also broke CC too, which was shit if you wanted to CS> Blind or whatever.
    UH i now remember that!! Yeah, totally a no-go for PvP imho, also there's better options.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  10. #10
    Finality sounds like the one passive ability from Legion Subtlety that made the finisher do extra dmg every other time. It was decently fun to game then, maybe it will still be. (Although it was based around using it on DfA so maybe not)
    I've not looked into the new stuffs however, idk what it may work in conjunction with for SL.

    All in all it seems like they are simply going back to abilities/tier sets in the past... which is fine with me, they had their time to try new things... lol

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    No, just damage. It also broke CC too, which was shit if you wanted to CS> Blind or whatever.
    Thats unfortunate, if it did generate a CP or if they release a tier set that more procs off of those hits, it may look better.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Doomblade that makes you change your actual build and playstyle by stacking more bleed effects on your target.
    does it tho? its just 2 baseline bleeds + legendary effect which is pretty much passive

    unless crimson tempest is suddenly good on ST it doesn't change anything

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    does it tho? its just 2 baseline bleeds + legendary effect which is pretty much passive

    unless crimson tempest is suddenly good on ST it doesn't change anything
    CT is good on ST right now in BfA due to to the haste bloat with corruption. Anyway you're not picking it for the dot itself, but for the envenom damage tied to it, which adds up pretty quick. Bone Spike may be another bleed effect aswell.

    The point is that this kind of powers makes you to at least think about what to choose or try. The sub ones are basically passive dps increases.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  14. #14
    Seems kind of lazy to me.

    Instead of creating new content for an expansion the cost of a new AAA game they are just bringing back effects from legion.

    I guess this is what happens when you create a toxic work environment. We can expect little in the effort/inventive department.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Seems kind of lazy to me.

    Instead of creating new content for an expansion the cost of a new AAA game they are just bringing back effects from legion.

    I guess this is what happens when you create a toxic work environment. We can expect little in the effort/inventive department.
    Well, many people were asking for some of these to come back as they were good to use/have in Legion or whatever expansion, so that's 50/50 to me.

    What i don't like of this design choices is that everytime we get a completely barebone class, that gets interesting only because of EXPANSION#21463647 new fancy powerup. It feels like working towards nothing, as everything i do is just gonna be useless in 2 years. I am fine with the gear treadmill, but not the class powers treadmill.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  16. #16
    how do these work exactly? i noticed they all seem to have 2 slots so does that mean you need 2 pieces for the effect?
    2 of the things i like both share a head slot so that would be a bummer =/
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    CT is good on ST right now in BfA due to to the haste bloat with corruption. Anyway you're not picking it for the dot itself, but for the envenom damage tied to it, which adds up pretty quick. Bone Spike may be another bleed effect aswell.

    The point is that this kind of powers makes you to at least think about what to choose or try. The sub ones are basically passive dps increases.
    yeah but we won't be able to stack haste that high in SL
    i honestly don't see how 5% more envenom dmg would be worth going crimson tempest for ST


    as for bone spike, that may change that if it actually counts as a bleed

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, many people were asking for some of these to come back as they were good to use/have in Legion or whatever expansion, so that's 50/50 to me.

    What i don't like of this design choices is that everytime we get a completely barebone class, that gets interesting only because of EXPANSION#21463647 new fancy powerup. It feels like working towards nothing, as everything i do is just gonna be useless in 2 years. I am fine with the gear treadmill, but not the class powers treadmill.
    Yeah I know what you mean. A class should be interesting/work outside of expansion power ups.

    Expansion perks should be the nitro boost gauge to your car. Not the wheels or engine.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah but we won't be able to stack haste that high in SL
    i honestly don't see how 5% more envenom dmg would be worth going crimson tempest for ST

    as for bone spike, that may change that if it actually counts as a bleed
    Yeah, math isn't there, it may easily be. The main issue imho is that it has to fight against Poison Bomb which is basically passive damage, so ST or AoE doesn't matter. Blizzard also told that they're gonna do a balance pass later on before release: so i'm just considering chances of it being viable.

    If we could use kidney shot more reliably, internal bleeding could be worth picking. In this case, some damage is better than zero damage.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. A class should be interesting/work outside of expansion power ups.

    Expansion perks should be the nitro boost gauge to your car. Not the wheels or engine.
    a friend recently phrased it like this:

    it feels like your character has broken bones and has to earn his crutches, instead of being a healthy person that earns his running shoes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •