Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I fought N'zoth once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suzan-Shaman View Post
    I wanted to get the 'servant of n'zoth' title. Asked people for help in general chat. After asking 3 times in 10 mins, some people told me to quit asking or else they'll log their horde to kill me (which is stupid cause they can kill me as alliance too but w/e). Luckily some nice people responded and I got to 8/10. Then I was killed, and I'm pretty sure it was by the guys who threatened they would log their horde char. It's unbelievable how toxic people are. Is that 30 secs of your life rly that much to ask for?
    Is getting that title you want so bad the way it is meant to be gotten rly that much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I fought N'zoth once.

- - - Updated - - -

Is getting that title you want so bad the way it is meant to be gotten rly that much to ask for?
    It's not, but I've tried so many times and it's just not gonna happen that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not, but I've tried so many times and it's just not gonna happen that way.
    My wife just killed my army of alts, then a guildie found out i had an army of alts, and killed them, which lead to an hour of me whoring my alts out to people. Some are still dead on the hill outside of boralus cause i just couldnt be assed to res them.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Was ninja kicked from a mythic CE guild because I suggested we use logs to actively figure out how we are wiping on farm and the gm tried to blacklist me across the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamandkate83 View Post
    I feel like this thread might get flamed a bit, but i feel i had to get it off my chest.

I haven't played since legion (i think!) and my son showed an interest who has never played before. We created a starter account for him and he loved it, then we reached our first dungeon. I chose to guide him a little but not overwhelm him with rules. I told him to follow the group and let the tank run in first.

The group had a conversation about kicking my son because he pulled the mobs a couple of times, remember this is a level 15 dungeon, hardly a big deal! And then the kick came.

I just feel this kinda thing is not supportive or encouraging of new players!

</moan over>
    Humans are garbage, as an adult and a parent, that is the first thing you should be teaching your son and this situation is the perfect opportunity to teach him that. Good luck.
    Last edited by BrintoSFJ; 2020-08-06 at 12:56 PM.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The game has a very ”Rush Rush” mentality nowdays, and stuff that makes the run slower or less ”Optimal” is usally removed
    I will remind people, that they ASKED for this when they wanted the game to be a content-based experience where the game is intended to be rode from start to finish.
    Back when it was a community-based experience, people would regularly do thing that benefited their server's community because the fame that people like WowHobbs enjoys as a fostering player does granulate into smaller levels of renown.

But now anything that gets in the way of experiencing content is beaten into the dirt.
    Even fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My wife just killed my army of alts, then a guildie found out i had an army of alts, and killed them, which lead to an hour of me whoring my alts out to people. Some are still dead on the hill outside of boralus cause i just couldnt be assed to res them.
    You only get credit for 1 kill if the alts are on the same account. I wanted to do this aswell with my husband's account, but sadly it doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only get credit for 1 kill if the alts are on the same account. I wanted to do this aswell with my husband's account, but sadly it doesn't work.
    It worked fine for us. Either they changed it or something but i did it for my wife and 4 guildies.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

you probably just ran into some tryhard tank, tank upset low level dungeons dont need tanks, first time healer, or something along those lines.

only solution is to find some friends to play with, even just 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tanked since TBC, so I decided to give it a try last week in some low keys (+5-7) on my pally alt (~455 ilvl). I had multiple runs where a dps would go afk around the first boss and come back at the third like it was no big deal. I also had runs in +7 where I was the only one killing explosives and no one would do any mechanics. In one run, we spent like 7 minutes on the priestess in Atal because no one would kill the add or stand in blood pools. I tried to tell them what to do, but they silently stood still until the healer dropped group and I reset. I told them you can't kill this boss if you don't do mechanics, and the mage leader said "caster dps? we were fine until the healer left."

There was also another Atal run where a hunter, who I think was trolling, did fine on trash but never attacked the bosses and ran into mechanics to get themselves killed at the start of each fight.

I rather moan about a good experience. Kidding!

Let's see. In WoW? There's tons. That sucks what happened with your son. Been there. I play with my sister and friend. My sister has kind of a crap internet connection, so she lags a lot, or she used to be inexperienced and made mistakes that were not even that detrimental to a quick 5-man run, so she's been on the tail end of a lot of kick attempts. Some did not go through, some did, when they did, I'd usually /leave party right after.

It only pisses me off when it affects someone I care about I'm playing with like sister, friend, or girlfriend, if I get kicked unfairly (and it's happened a lot, but I suppose in their eyes it was justified, I lag a lot sometimes too, or might tab target too quick while trigger happy, maybe under geared or inexperienced as a tank at times because I play so many different specs and don't master them all or get rusty), but if it's just me at the end of a bad experience, I normally don't care. I have pretty thick skin and love 4 letter words when justified, but when it affects someone I care about, yeah, that's a legitimate bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    It worked fine for us. Either they changed it or something but i did it for my wife and 4 guildies.
    Guess they changed it then. Tried with 2 of his other characters (on another server aswell) but didn't get credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    That's not really moaning in my opinion, more like an observation. I have noticed the same. People are surprisingly rude in WOW when compared to other MMOs I have played. People get kicked out like crazy if they make one little mistake or afk a minute for a toilet break.

But in FFXIV for example everyone is super friendly in random groups and even helping out a new player who doesn't necessarily know what to do, without even asking. But then again I haven't done hundreds of dungeons yet.
    I do not mean to shill for another game, but I can actually confirm this. In fact, new players get a marker next to their name that indicates that they're new. What I experienced is that while I had this people gave me more commendations after a dungeon than when I had enough playtime for it to disappear.

Regarding your son's experience, that really sucks. People barely interact with each other outside of guilds already, and then having one of the few ones being negative, especially as a new player, is terrible. I hope he didn't get discouraged, though. We all had to deal with idiots in a dungeon at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

so sick of Dillon putting ppl down on the bnet forums. a true rat

LFR N'zoth. As a tank.

Maxed out stacks.

I swear none of them could speak english because even when I literally macro'd when they had to run to the portal to avoid going insane, only half of them did. Then half did the second time, and we were out of dps.

Every goddamn time. I must've been there 2 hours before I gave up on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I was running a friend in low 5 men dungeons ( something like RF) for quick run and xp and he was looting each freaking corpse for copper coins and fucking linen

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Was ninja kicked from a mythic CE guild because I suggested we use logs to actively figure out how we are wiping on farm and the gm tried to blacklist me across the server.
    Pretty sure if he didn't wanna you combing through logs then you were wiping because GM and his clique of friends were wearing 100 corruption to whore on dps meters and he didn't want it to become public if logs are gonna be scrutinized...

Worst recent experience happened to my friend, he played a hunter, joined a new guild before Nyalotha because our old guild disbanded, GM of that guild watched too much Preach who said hunters don't bring anything to the table for 8.3, GM told my friend to reroll from hunter to w/e he wants, he picked spriest, hunters ended up being massively OP meanwhile spriest was redheaded stepchild of the ranged camp, so my friend never seen past 2 bosses in Nyalotha until he left that guild and rerolled back to hunter.

Sadly something similar happened to me, a guild was recruiting my class, as I later found out they thought it would be OP in 8.3, when they saw it isn't, they wanted me to reroll, I declined especially since my main had better corruptions than my alt (way before corruption vendor was a thing), they started nitpicking at my logs with much bigger scrutiny than other players were experiencing, and in the end replaced me with a player of exactly the class they were trying to force me to reroll to. What a surprising coincidence.

The above 2 happened in 2 different guilds on 2 different servers btw. Both of the guilds below world 200 rank before anyone starts saying this is normal at top level, it wasn't a top level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I was running a friend in low 5 men dungeons ( something like RF) for quick run and xp and he was looting each freaking corpse for copper coins and fucking linen
    Guilty of the same; I loot everything no matter how trivial.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

3+ Year Old Account
    I got told off because I left the raid queue open so my group could get more people. Apparently that's a bad thing to do?

And a while ago when I pretty much just started playing WoW, I rolled 'Greed' on a set piece, not knowing what it did. Someone in the raid said 'F**k you!' and then the group disbanded. I unfortunately could even use the set piece, I just really wanted some loot
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Assumption is the mother of all F-ups........

There are 3 types of account.
    Starter edition account: Can freely play 1-20, never had character higher than 20, never had subscription.
    Normal account: Can freely play 1-20, can only play characters 21+ with sub up to and including previous expansion at any point, even if you didn't pay for previous expansion. Currently that means everything up to and including Legion.
    BfA/Shadowlands account: Can freely play 1-20, can only play characters 21+ with sub and has access to latest content at any point, in this case BfA. When Shadowlands is released, all Normal accounts will get access to BfA content and only people that bought SL will have access to that content.

Example, my own accounts. Never subbed to the US region, so that's a Starter Edition. Never bought BFA on the bottom account, but have had sub, so that's a normal that is now Inactive. Do have SL on my main account and it is Active,
    I know these exist mate. I just forgot as I never used a starter account.

Chill, you don't have to lecture me.

I wanted to get the 'servant of n'zoth' title. Asked people for help in general chat. After asking 3 times in 10 mins, some people told me to quit asking or else they'll log their horde to kill me (which is stupid cause they can kill me as alliance too but w/e). Luckily some nice people responded and I got to 8/10. Then I was killed, and I'm pretty sure it was by the guys who threatened they would log their horde char. It's unbelievable how toxic people are. Is that 30 secs of your life rly that much to ask for?
    Do it in Nazjatar.
    When you have the kills and the dagger you fly to Mardivas' cave pop the bad boy and start killing those who are willing to help you.

The reason why you do it there is because Mardivas' cave is a solo instance. Everyone can only enter it alone as everyone is phased to their own shard.
    So you can just walk out, kill someone, walk back in until some other help comes and repeat until 10 kills. Very easy.