Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you have your "pikachu" pet?

You know, that one pet that has been with you since forever, and despite being nothing "special" you keep bringing him with you everywhere?

For me it's my bald eagle named Thorondor I had since wotlk. Even though I have multiple other pets I use for different purposes like arena or M+, I bring out my trusted eagle whenever I don't need any other specific pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had a Frostsaber since Vanilla that is my go to pet whenever possible.

Taming one was the one thing that kept me going whilst leveling my hunter back then.

Actually yes. My Mag'har has his Kodo. It's nothing special, but it seemed a funny idea to me.

Have my pet named Smokey after my now passed away pet cat. I keep upgrading the model for him though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Have my pet named Smokey after my now passed away pet cat. I keep upgrading the model for him though.
    Awww, that's adorable

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

My first hunter from classic - originally a dwarf, now a human - still has his bear pet from Dun Morough. ^^;
    My second hunter whom I play now as my main hunter is a BE which got to max level in WoD, and he runs with Gara and/or Hati. :3

I'm a Ranma 1/2 fan, so you bet that when Cataclysm came around and humans could be hunters, I was quick to go tame one of the black boars in Elwynn Forest. It's my main pet even today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You know, that one pet that has been with you since forever, and despite being nothing "special" you keep bringing him with you everywhere?

For me it's my bald eagle named Thorondor I had since wotlk. Even though I have multiple other pets I use for different purposes like arena or M+, I bring out my trusted eagle whenever I don't need any other specific pet.
    My old hunter has a pet that she has used since 2005 (which is when I was high enough to tame said pet). Tanked entire dungeons with her back in vanilla, which was good times.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

My raven wich I catched the day my dog died 5 years ago.
    It just reminds me of my dog and makes me happy

My Spirit Sabre from Sholozar. I needed weeks to capture it. Lost him 3 times while taming. One time I killed him accidentaly myself. The other two times another hunter saw me taming him and shoot him. Don't know how many years ago it was released though

I have a few hunters, but yeah, most of them have their original pets from way back when I started them. I don't know if that makes me a lazy Hunter, but when a new expansion lands, I don't go looking for the newest, most exotic looking rare pet out there. It's business as usual, level to cap, gear, move on to the next character. It has to be an amazing looking, rare model new pet for me to go looking to tame it, not just a new model update and re-color of some wolf or tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

My Slime from Sholazar basin!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a windserpent named Agrias that I’ve had since before 1k Needles went underwater. Can’t bare to let her go lol
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

I lost my white cat around when I started playing. I tamed a ghost saber that retains it's slightly transparent appearance even after taming. I named it after her and I've had it ever since. I sometimes swap in a specific pet situationally but I always come back to her.

Every Hunter I've ever played has Humar the Pridelord and uses it as their main pet, including my very first Hunter that I made in Vanilla back in 2004.

When I first started, I was immensely interested in the Barrens, because savannah! The moment I got there and was high level enough, I tamed a male lion and named him Sesam. I've had him in with me ever since.

Sadly, him looking like a cardboard cutout makes me less and less likely to use him. I wish they'd just make an effort and once and for all bring the entire game into 2020 as far as textures and models go.

Had this lone hunter (weapon in its head) till they change him once you have him revived or summoned out. No longer weapon in the head. Was very disappointed. Named it "IKnifeYou"

10+ Year Old Account
    Zun named raptor.

I have a Ghostsaber pet that I've had since back in TBC. It wasn't my first pet, in fact, I got it far too late, as leveling pets back then was a tremendously difficult grind, and I had to level it through 20 or 30 levels to catch up with me. I never use it for anything, but I'd never give it up. At the same time I have a Raptor that I picked up in the Wetlands that was my primary pet through most of my early leveling, and I also never use it. It's another one I would never give up.

Of course there are many pets that I wouldn't give up, because they were hard or rare tames, but those two go all the way back to when I just started playing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 pets that have been with me through thick and thin:

Humar, the black lion rare from the Barrens. First time I camped anything and was so stoked when I first got him.

Mothy the blue moth from Outlands. Me and Mothy has been through thick and thin and many dungeons were I was ridiculed for picking a "girly" pet. Jokes on them since I am indeed a girl but there is nothing girly about getting butterfly dust in your eyes!

Skoll, the rare spirit beast from Northrend. I camped for days to get him and was rewarded. He is still my go-to pet and nowadays I pair him with Hati to 'complete the set' you could say.

I sadly no longer have the owl I snuck into Teldrassil to tame as a lowbie tauren hunter back in Vanilla. Man, that was a journey. Called him Strix.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-08-06 at 04:21 PM.