Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance Political discussions should not be a part of MMO-Champion

I think it's disgusting to see some of the posts made in the "Politics" section. Why is there an area for discussion of that sort? There's tons of forum rules being broken there, yet many seem to go without warning.

This site should focus on MMOs and things of that nature; branching into imaginary sciences makes the whole of mmo-champion.com come off a lot less credible and professional.

Forum filters, how do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Why is there an area for discussion of that sort?
    To keep the unironic marxists contained in one board, simple as.

There is a very very easy fix for you OP and that is to not go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

One of the most trafficked spots on the forum, and it shouldn't exist?
    Um...wut?
    Is the op solely paying for the whole of this website?

This entire sub-category of the forums has nothing to do with MMOs. Which Politics post made you cry?

The real question is, why do certain overtly political threads stay in GenOT, and only get dumped in Politics when a certain political ideology appears to be losing the conversation? Politics is a category of discussion, not a garbage dump for topics conservatives don't like to talk about anymore.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2020-08-06 at 06:42 PM.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    You can just filter them out, seems like a very simple step to take.

If deplorable people are deplatformed from one place, they'll find another, usually one that's even more of an information bubble.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Full/High WoW servers for EU, Retail: 79. Literally zero change from 1 month ago, not counting Russia, obviously. Also, every BfA Quarterly report says Hi.
    People more in tune with their feelings than facts: bUt ThEy BLeEdING SuBs hUrR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    One of the most trafficked spots on the forum, and it shouldn't exist?
    Um...wut?
    Is the op solely paying for the whole of this website?
    Say what?

Well, I guess since these fantasy worlds in MMOs are imaginary, it's forgivable to have a section about an imaginary science too. Still, if we can have a section about politics, then a section about religion should be welcome too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You can just filter them out, seems like a very simple step to take.

If deplorable people are deplatformed from one place, they'll find another, usually one that's even more of an information bubble.
    I'm suggesting they rid of it. It makes the entire website look bizarre as Hell.

Say what?

Well, I guess since these fantasy worlds in MMOs are imaginary, it's forgivable to have a section about an imaginary science too. Still, if we can have a section about politics, then a section about religion should be welcome too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm suggesting they rid of it. It makes the entire website look bizarre as Hell.
    Use a filter (or just don't go there) instead of trying to force the entire world to form how you want it, maybe get some thicker skin and grow up?

EDIT: Also looking at your post history you seem to enjoy posting there yourself lmao. Did somebody there hurt your feelings lil guy?

I turn it off when I get bored with it. It's fun to check in at times due to the same people saying the same thing over and over again.

I think it's disgusting to see some of the posts made in the "Politics" section. Why is there an area for discussion of that sort? There's tons of forum rules being broken there, yet many seem to go without warning.

This site should focus on MMOs and things of that nature; branching into imaginary sciences makes the whole of mmo-champion.com come off a lot less credible and professional.
    Yes, disgusting...

Well, then it looks like it will be banned in the US completely. Great job!

Anyone who actually supports TikTok is turning a blind eye to the fact that they encourage challenges to abuse animals, including the users' own pets. It's a disgusting piece of software that needs to go bye-bye.

India did it the right way.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing politics is imaginary, and our President is a businessman!

The President is a genius. He's convinced ByteDance to give up on TikTok for the US, is now hearing offers from American companies to buy the application (so that it's run domestically and not overseen by a communist government), and will, in turn, create 10s of 1000s of new jobs for Americans once a liberal company like Microsoft is suckered into buying it. BRILLIANT.

India was smart enough to get rid of it. We're one-upping with three steps better.
    Please, tell us more.

- - - Updated - - -

It's especially annoying when people bring it up in entirely unrelated threads... right

Paladins are sissies. Monks and warriors, they're the tough guys.

Also, the impeachment failed, miserably. Time to change that bumper sticker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

So... "I don't like something, lets kill it"?

Id much rather there be a section for ppl with their uncontrollable urge to spout their shit there than it be like it was where a thread gets derailed because some burner account compared x wow character to y politician or say dumb shit like if you play horde/alliance then youre (insert trendy insult here).

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Use a filter (or just don't go there) instead of trying to force the entire world to form how you want it, maybe get some thicker skin and grow up?

EDIT: Also looking at your post history you seem to enjoy posting there yourself lmao. Did somebody there hurt your feelings lil guy?
    I didn't ask.

You can simply just not go there.

Since you have an account, you can disable the politics subforum from showing up on the front page. The only way to find it then would be to go looking for it.

General Off-Topic was made because there was a demand when the site was newer for it. A few years back a politics subforum was made as Gen-OT had grown quite a lot in popularity and much of the forum was consumed with politics surrounding Trump. If it was just 'removed' the site would lose a lot of traffic and we'd deal with loads of off-topic stuff flooding other parts of the forum.
    Last edited by GothamCity; 2020-08-06 at 09:37 PM.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

There's a sub-forum already called "Politics" that you can filter out... though that doesn't stop people posting still in Gen OT, should be infracted tbh. So many OT threads get reduced to left vs right crap by the same obnoxious people over and over again like clockwork...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-08-06 at 09:42 PM.

You should boycott the website till all political discussion is removed from mmo-c.

I don't like to discuss politics in any kind of internet forum because the chance to get a healthy discussion is close to non-existent.

Which is why I don't go down to that sub-forum. Easy solution. Seeing you are active there yourself, you complaining about it makes zero sense.
    - I will never be the Legion's pawn. And this tower will not be its den!

Best Mage ever lived!

I didn't ask.
    You didn't ask what? You asked for a forum to be shut down that you yourself regularly frequent lol.

Why are you in favor of "safe spaces"?

Booohooo the majority doesn't share my point of view or opinion so they must be silenced! Shut it down! REEEEEEE