Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    They originally made the political subforum specifically because off-topic was too full of that stuff. Kind of like how threads like the MLP thread were clogging up the "recent forum posts" section 24/7 to the degree they added both the "chat zone" subforum and the "forum filters" option.

    It's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  2. #22
    Banned JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    26,343
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Say what?

    Well, I guess since these fantasy worlds in MMOs are imaginary, it's forgivable to have a section about an imaginary science too. Still, if we can have a section about politics, then a section about religion should be welcome too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm suggesting they rid of it. It makes the entire website look bizarre as Hell.
    Ah, I think I get why you made this thread now. You're pissed that you cant post about your favourite religion.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You didn't ask what? You asked for a forum to be shut down that you yourself regularly frequent lol.

    Why are you in favor of "safe spaces"?
    People change their minds ALL the damn time. There's just no place for that here, unless they want to allow discussions of philosophy, faith, and religion too. I'm entitled to that opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Ah, I think I get why you made this thread now. You're pissed that you cant post about your favourite religion.
    Are you Canadian?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They originally made the political subforum specifically because off-topic was too full of that stuff.
    This.

    I have no problem since I usually post in the Politics forum. People that don't really, REALLY don't want to go back to there not being a politics forum.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  5. #25
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,328
    No, just filter the politics forum if you dislike it so much. I did and and my experience has been much better....still depressing sometimes but better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    People change their minds ALL the damn time. There's just no place for that here, unless they want to allow discussions of philosophy, faith, and religion too. I'm entitled to that opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Are you Canadian?
    Now you're just putting words together to up your post count. You're not serious about this. The first response of someone who was serious about this to the statement he made would not be to question his nationality.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  7. #27
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    1,873
    OP sort of has a point.

    If you're going to allow political discussion, but censor 50% of what can be discussed (Gender/LGBTQ/Religion), then it's not a very fair playing field.

    For example, I could point out daily postings about people alluding to the evils of LGBTQ - But the second you step into defend your point of view it's an infraction for forbidden topics.

    That said, this forum is toxic enough without opening the floor to more delicate issues. If you don't like it, OP just turn off the politic subforum and pretend it's not there.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  8. #28
    It exists because people will inevitably drag politics into everything, and if they do, you can delete/move it for wrong classification without having to deal with the gray line too much.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Now you're just putting words together to up your post count. You're not serious about this. The first response of someone who was serious about this to the statement he made would not be to question his nationality.
    Your assumption couldn't be further from the truth!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    OP sort of has a point.

    If you're going to allow political discussion, but censor 50% of what can be discussed (Gender/LGBTQ/Religion), then it's not a very fair playing field.

    For example, I could point out daily postings about people alluding to the evils of LGBTQ - But the second you step into defend your point of view it's an infraction for forbidden topics.

    That said, this forum is toxic enough without opening the floor to more delicate issues. If you don't like it, OP just turn off the politic subforum and pretend it's not there.
    I did. For years, I didn't even know it was there. But if it's going to be allowed here, (like you said how delicate a topic it always is), then let's get a level playing field. Maybe it would be better to remove it and have a larger section for philosophical discussion instead.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster Tiev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,329
    It's mind-boggling to me how people feel they must control what a community should want to talk about.

    I hope people who do are young.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There is a very very easy fix for you OP and that is to not go there.
    He couldn't resist it !

    He is telling other people don't post there, but he wants to read it if it is there !

  12. #32
    I'd suggest learning to code and go start your own site.
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    It's mind-boggling to me how people feel they must control what a community should want to talk about.

    I hope people who do are young.
    I'm making a suggestion and some fair points. If you want to take it to the extreme, that's your problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'd suggest learning to code and go start your own site.
    I suggest you start your own thread.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I'm making a suggestion and some fair points. If you want to take it to the extreme, that's your problem.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I suggest you start your own thread.
    Except you are not, because it was already shown that you have no problem doing exactly what you claim to want to stop.

    Shall I post your previous political comments, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  15. #35
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, disgusting...

    Please, tell us more.

    - - - Updated - - -


    It's especially annoying when people bring it up in entirely unrelated threads... right
    Hahaha..nice find of OP's hypocrisy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    OP sort of has a point.

    That said, this forum is toxic enough without opening the floor to more delicate issues. If you don't like it, OP just turn off the politic subforum and pretend it's not there.
    As the poster I quoted showed, the problem is the sheer hypocrisy of OP. He hangs out in the forum he wants removed, partakes in debates and even posts his political agenda in class forum threads.
    Last edited by det; 2020-08-07 at 10:23 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    OP sort of has a point.

    If you're going to allow political discussion, but censor 50% of what can be discussed (Gender/LGBTQ/Religion), then it's not a very fair playing field.

    For example, I could point out daily postings about people alluding to the evils of LGBTQ - But the second you step into defend your point of view it's an infraction for forbidden topics.

    That said, this forum is toxic enough without opening the floor to more delicate issues. If you don't like it, OP just turn off the politic subforum and pretend it's not there.
    You got a point with the ''but censor 50% of what can be discussed (Gender/LGBTQ/Religion), then it's not a very fair playing field.''

  17. #37
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    12,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    You got a point with the ''but censor 50% of what can be discussed (Gender/LGBTQ/Religion), then it's not a very fair playing field.''
    Those are only really disallowed because the members of the board have on numerous occasions proven that they're incapable of having civil discussions about them.

  18. #38
    Fair enough OP ... but first I require you to define 'political' - without using any derivatives of the word politic.

    Examples:

    - stating that Trump is an objectionable, incompetent narcissist isn't politics - it is objective fact.
    - stating the masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 isn't politics - it is objective fact.
    - stating that there is a massive inequality in the USA isn't politics - it is objective fact.

    SO I'd like to hear an example of what you think is 'political' discussion.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-08-07 at 02:37 PM.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  19. #39
    Its a clever bait to keep the Alt right trump apologists trapped.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Those are only really disallowed because the members of the board have on numerous occasions proven that they're incapable of having civil discussions about them.
    I don't think anything can be as bad as those type of discussions, but in general using civil discussions to determine what should be allowed I'm pretty sure we would be left with only the fun stuff forum. ..I have a few post I'm not proud of my self.

    Wanted to say that maybe we could have the computer forum too but there have been some serious fanboy fights going on in there, so I think that would end up closed as well.
    Bwonsamdi says: Bring me de head of de Horde's warchief, and I be forgettin' all about ya father's bargain.

    Bwonsamdi for warchief!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •