Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, disgusting...

Please, tell us more.

- - - Updated - - -

It's especially annoying when people bring it up in entirely unrelated threads... right
    bitchslapped

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I think it's disgusting to see some of the posts made in the "Politics" section. Why is there an area for discussion of that sort? There's tons of forum rules being broken there, yet many seem to go without warning.

This site should focus on MMOs and things of that nature; branching into imaginary sciences makes the whole of mmo-champion.com come off a lot less credible and professional.
    Too bad there isn't a way to filter out parts of the forums...oh wait.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I suggest you start your own thread.
    If I had a riveting topic to discuss, I certainly would, but I don't, so I don't make pointless threads like this one, when it's just as easy to avoid threads I have no interest in.

I don't play a Death Knight, so I don't go read the DK threads and then complain they exist. It's the same with political ones.

However if you go start your own site, you would get to dictate content all you want. Then everyone is happy.
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Too bad there isn't a way to filter out parts of the forums...oh wait.
    Oh wait, you're missing the entire point of the thread. Bye bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    If I had a riveting topic to discuss, I certainly would, but I don't, so I don't make pointless threads like this one, when it's just as easy to avoid threads I have no interest in.

I don't play a Death Knight, so I don't go read the DK threads and then complain they exist. It's the same with political ones.

However if you go start your own site, you would get to dictate content all you want. Then everyone is happy.
    This is the suggestions forum, so this thread is not pointless, so if you don't have anything relevant to add, move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fair enough OP ... but first I require you to define 'political' - without using any derivatives of the word politic.

Examples:

- stating that Trump is an objectionable, incompetent narcissist isn't politics - it is objective fact.
    - stating the masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19 isn't politics - it is objective fact.
    - stating that there is a massive inequality in the USA isn't politics - it is objective fact.

SO I'd like to hear an example of what you think is 'political' discussion.
    I think you're in the wrong thread, gnome-boy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Its a clever bait to keep the Alt right trump apologists trapped.
    That's not what it is at all. Given all these types of responses, it's easy to see that everyone around here is WAAAAY too defensive and just want to jump on my ass for making a fair suggestion.

If you can't dispose of them, throw them in the backyard, but shut them down if they harness enough courage to go beyond and try to spread their BS.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the suggestions forum, so this thread is not pointless, so if you don't have anything relevant to add, move on.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what it is at all. Given all these types of responses, it's easy to see that everyone around here is WAAAAY too defensive and just want to jump on my ass for making a fair suggestion.
    They are not being defensive, they are making fun of you. The politics sub-forum isn't a safe space for anyone with a MAGA bumper sticker for sure, but to ask for its removal is childish.

Also, there are plenty of Trump supporters posting there and they get plenty of attention and serious replies from people. Instead of campaigning for its removal maybe figure out how to join the conversation. Or just use the filter like an adult.

... making a fair suggestion.
    Even if you keep repeating that, it doesn't make it true.

Other posters have been more than helpful telling you how to avoid the thing that offends you so. Take their advice, and move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They are not being defensive, they are making fun of you. The politics sub-forum isn't a safe space for anyone with a MAGA bumper sticker for sure, but to ask for its removal is childish.

Also, there are plenty of Trump supporters posting there and they get plenty of attention and serious replies from people. Instead of campaigning for its removal maybe figure out how to join the conversation. Or just use the filter like an adult.
    Okay, well, I'll join those conversations, but we need to add sections for religious discussion and sexual preference then, too.

P.S. It seems the problem then, as you're saying, is that this site has become a safe space for only the nutty ultra liberals (and apparently, communists too), so perhaps it's best I don't support this grandpa site any longer.

Let's not suggest that I'm childish, given the insanely defensive, immature responses I keep getting to a sensible suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Even if you keep repeating that, it doesn't make it true.

Other posters have been more than helpful telling you how to avoid the thing that offends you so. Take their advice, and move on with your life.
    How about you don't tell me what to do? That would be better, thanks. Adios!

man its the internet. Lots of stuff you/we dont want to look at,read or hear about. Know what most people do? They avoid it and move on. So should you. Clearly there are enough people that visit this site that take part in discussing politics. Its better that way, much easier to avoid.

Okay, well, I'll join those conversations, but we need to add sections for religious discussion and sexual preference then, too.

P.S. It seems the problem then, as you're saying, is that this site has become a safe space for only the nutty ultra liberals (and apparently, communists too), so perhaps it's best I don't support this grandpa site any longer.
    The only reason topics are "forbidden" is because terrible posters would spam those threads with hate speech and other users would flame them in return, leading to a lot of bans. So the topics got pre-emptively locked, rather than pursuing the user bans.

Nothing of this has anything to do with anything liberal/conservative or the like, unless you identify "being an outspoken, obvious bigot" as a fundamental part of conservative thinking.

Let's not suggest that I'm childish, given the insanely defensive, immature responses I keep getting to a sensible suggestion.
    it's insane how unaware you are of your own behavior. just the idea of making this thread is incredibly entitled.

You'd think wrong ... asking someone to define the very thing they are requesting is the first port of call for implementation.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

I stopped reading this garbage long time ago. The quality has decreased drastically over time. What is left is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    To keep the unironic marxists contained in one board, simple as.
    There's like one actual Marxist

If there wasn't a way to hide said forums I could understand. As it stands, let the people have cake.

If anything, the rules should even be looser when it comes to non-front page MMORPGs type of discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If you want them gone so badly, why did you feel compelled to speak in those threads?

This is a suggestions forum, and you have been given many suggestions. You seem to ignore them. I suggest you be a little more consistent in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How about you don't tell me what to do? That would be better, thanks. Adios!
    If you want that, then make your own website. Enjoy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    it's insane how unaware you are of your own behavior. just the idea of making this thread is incredibly entitled.
    We are entitled to make suggestions, DUH.

I'll pray for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You'd think wrong ... asking someone to define the very thing they are requesting is the first port of call for implementation.
    I will pray for your sanity to return, keyboard-man!

I agree to some extent that politics has no place here. The reasoning around that has more to do with how a site is perceived by its users.

I mean, MMO-Champion, just the name alone suggests a site devoted to computer gaming. Anything else, especially something like off-topic/Politics, dilutes the site from its intended purpose and could potentially pose a problem.

At some point site administration has to pay attention to impressions and page views--and clearly the politics section has a role to play here--but overall it seems to me that the hassles it brings on aren't worth the misdirection from the site's intended purpose.

I've seen political stuff in off-topic (even before there was a politics sub-forum) that should never have appeared on a site dedicated to gaming. Sometimes it's caught quickly enough, sometimes not. To the extent that racist, misogynistic, hate speech or just overtly hostile posts stay up for days unmoderated it makes the site problematical from a user standpoint and unpleasant to visit. That's likely a minority opinion here but the fact is people should be aware of posting/associating with sites that tolerate extremist rhetoric (from right or left) is not always a great look.

The very last thing a site like this needs is to be taken over and perceived as a site for extremist politics.

All of that said, it's easy enough for users to avoid it altogether but I do have to wonder if the dilution of the site with this is of any benefit.

My two cents.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-08-07 at 07:26 PM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only reason topics are "forbidden" is because terrible posters would spam those threads with hate speech and other users would flame them in return, leading to a lot of bans. So the topics got pre-emptively locked, rather than pursuing the user bans.

Nothing of this has anything to do with anything liberal/conservative or the like, unless you identify "being an outspoken, obvious bigot" as a fundamental part of conservative thinking.
    There's crazy amounts of inconsistency on this site. It used to be honest and good, but it's turned into a haven for sociopaths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I stopped reading this garbage long time ago. The quality has decreased drastically over time. What is left is garbage.
    You're right! Politics is garbage! Well, it's imaginary, and stupid. And it needs to not be a part of this website.

We are entitled to make suggestions, DUH.

I'll pray for you.
    you're entitled to wasting your time doing so.