Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I will pray for your sanity to return, keyboard-man!
    So - to clarify, you are asking for something and you don't have a clue what you are asking for.

So you don't really want it - you just wanted to complain.

Fair enough.

Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

Don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I agree to some extent that politics has no place here. The reasoning around that has more to do with how a site is perceived by its users.

I mean, MMO-Champion, just the name alone suggests a site devoted to computer gaming. Anything else, especially something like off-topic/Politics, dilutes the site from its intended purpose and could potentially pose a problem.

At some point site administration has to pay attention to impressions and page views--and clearly the politics section has a role to play here--but overall it seems to me that the hassles it brings on aren't worth the misdirection from the site's intended purpose.

I've seen political stuff in off-topic (even before there was a politics sub-forum) that should never have appeared on a site dedicated to gaming. Sometimes it's caught quickly enough, sometimes not. To the extent that racist, misogynistic, hate speech or just overtly hostile posts stay up for days unmoderated it makes the site problematical from a user standpoint and unpleasant to visit. That's likely a minority opinion here but the fact is people should be aware of posting/associating with sites that tolerate extremist rhetoric (from right or left).

The very last thing a site like this needs is to be taken over and perceived as a site for extremist politics.

All of that said, it's easy enough for users to avoid it altogether but I do have to wonder if the dilution of the site with this is of any benefit.

My two cents.
    I stumbled upon it by accident a while back, and I couldn't stand how one-sided it was. It's all bullying and nonsense from very disturbed people. I like seeing threads about entertainment and focusing on what the site is actually for. The creators should setup a separate site if they want political debates, or like I've said, we should open this site up to talk about literally anything, from any point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - to clarify, you are asking for something and you don't have a clue what you are asking for.

So you don't really want it - you just wanted to complain.

Fair enough.
    So what's the "Rare" thing mean in your profile? You're definitely a rare one!

I stumbled upon it by accident a while back, and I couldn't stand how one-sided it was. It's all bullying and nonsense from very disturbed people. I like seeing threads about entertainment and focusing on what the site is actually for. The creators should setup a separate site if they want political debates, or like I've said, we should open this site up to talk about literally anything, from any point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the "Rare" thing mean in your profile? You're definitely a rare one!
    But, as has been pointed out... you were posting there three days ago. It was also pointed out that you were bringing up politics in entirely unrelated threads.

It clearly didn't offend your sensibilities that much.

Edit:

You literally posted there a few minutes ago:

Ah, a "to be fair" person. You've already lost, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

See, it's threads like these that have no place on this website. Politics is imaginary, folks! Get real.
    Well, this is awkward.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-08-07 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

I'll agree as a former poster there it's basically just a cringe fest at this point and is better off being deleted for the sake of the 20 or so chronically online weirdos and their mental well being that post there.

Tho to add you're just bitching because the "conservative" views have mostly been run out of town and it's "one sided" and you probably wouldn't care if the roles were reversed so this is more of a whine thread than anything. I'm speaking as one of the former "majority" in that subforum that it's trash for different reasons.

You should never have to hear or read things you don't like! *kisses forehead*

Oh wait, you're missing the entire point of the thread. Bye bye.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the suggestions forum, so this thread is not pointless, so if you don't have anything relevant to add, move on.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're in the wrong thread, gnome-boy!

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what it is at all. Given all these types of responses, it's easy to see that everyone around here is WAAAAY too defensive and just want to jump on my ass for making a fair suggestion.
    lmao nobody here is being 'defensive'.

We are all making fun of you, can't you see, child?

So at this point it's obvious that the OP is a Trump supporter who himself posts in the Politics subforum, but is upset that most of the people there do not agree with his views, and now he wants it shut down because of that.

Speaking of shutting things down, why is this pointless whine thread still open?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Rarely post there anymore but it's just to fun watching all kinds of people getting banned left and right there and seeing people getting upset over nonsense so I don't mind. Sadly the quality have gone down hill so there is that but still it's enjoyable from time to time.

There is much better forums around to discuss those things though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    So at this point it's obvious that the OP is a Trump supporter who himself posts in the Politics subforum, but is upset that most of the people there do not agree with his views, and now he wants it shut down because of that.

Speaking of shutting things down, why is this pointless whine thread still open?
    The only thing that's obvious is that you're offended that your precious imaginary science is being questioned as a valid discussion area on a declining website.

Feedback noted.

Discussion is in this thread is off the rails now, so locking.
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |