How do you raid lead Heroic Nzoth?

I managed to get 11/12 in heroic. I just need Nzoth for AOTC, but it's been super hard to get invited into a group for him. So I think I might just run a Nzoth PUG. I never really raid lead before, so what do I need to know about leading a Nzoth pug? Tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I managed to get 11/12 in heroic. I just need Nzoth for AOTC, but it's been super hard to get invited into a group for him. So I think I might just run a Nzoth PUG. I never really raid lead before, so what do I need to know about leading a Nzoth pug? Tips?
    The key in this fight is getting two tanks who knows the routes for the Psychus. On a PuG group you are looking to get 6 stacks of Debuff on Psychus with raiders mostly 465+. So go 3 up and 3 down to return to body. Have tanks mark the Synapses they want the DPS to kill (the other synapses heal to full when one dies, so no point of split DPS).
    If you can get past the two Psychus phases, the fight is fairly straight forward.

After every Psychus phase, you have a DPS Nzoth phase. Right after that have everyone use their necks to clean out corruption (Call this out loudly and clearly in discord.)

For adds upstairs, Basher > Corruptor > Spike tentacles. As a raid leader, call out the priority targets. Assign a couple of ranged to interrupt the Corruptor.

Pop Blood Lust after the team comes back from second Psychus. Make everyone soak.

Honestly, many guilds are selling just Nzoth AOTC for like 100K. Might be easier to just farm 100K and buy a kill rather than stressing out raid leading a Nzoth Pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Write in the title "nzoth zerg 5/12 mythic lead" and invite people with 12/12 hc and quite high ilvl. Easiest solution, as you only have to split the group into 50/50 for both psychus phases.

How to raid lead N'Zoth
    1. Split the raid into 2 groups - if you're running an odd amount of people - put 2 of the weaker healers in group 2 (that'll require the most, group 1 can be solo healed doesn't as long as people dodge the swirlies)

2. First group (mindgates) should be primarily of DPS that can move so mostly melee. You would want at least a monk in this group and maybe a DH if there is any magic DD. Second group should be all casters and a DH/Monk potentially. Hunters can be in either groups.

3. Put 3 global markers - put a start midway between nzoth and the platform on the north side of the room (nzoth should be directly staring at you), and 2 markers in melee to the right or left of him from this POV. After first psychus, you start on the right side and have your tanks pick left or right tentacle and consistently do it. After the 2nd psychus (should be mindgate 1 psychus) go to the other marker.

4. Use your necks after paranoia or if paranoia is handled and there are no tentacles up -it ensure that everyone is at 100 sanity - the other poster who said use it after the DPS Phase of N'Zoth doesn't consider losing sanity due to paranoia. With Paranoia - if a person has it, they have to move. If a person doesn't have it, they don't move until the paranoias are close to each other or nowhere near them. Nobody goes near the paranoia targets.

Also, mark the tanks and tell the DPS to be never near them as the tanks will not get paranoia - With 5 seconds until paranoia, tell the to spread out.

5. Tanks need to know the pathing - there are plenty of images out there of the pathing - it is basically kill centre, and make your way to the back of the room from where you start (3 stacks) and then go all the way down - you'll get 7 tentacles easy. If your tank cuts across - tell him to stop cutting across. PUG tanks do this a lot and only get 5 because they see it in top guilds vids. Tanks also need to know and call out to drop anguishes in decent areas to more DPS on tentacle time.

6. Communicate which way you'll move for anguishes - I always say when the character says 1 from DBM - move right and stack tight. If N'Zoth is above 60% when there is 10 seconds on shattered ego - use lust. He'll be casting convergence as he hits 50%.

7. Make sure people soak the thought harvesters stuff and don't get feared by glares.

8. If people are getting MCed, make sure they jump off before they become MCed. If people are becoming MC'ed after psychus or in P1 consistently. Tell them to not stand behind the psychus (most common way) or to use their necks when announced. If they keep repeating the same mistakes, boot them.
    Last edited by FiveDkp; 2020-08-06 at 01:52 AM.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

10 man is easiest for N'Zoth. Adds have less health than an assault mob.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    if you're having trouble killing him there are a few groups out there that will carry you for free. look up Perky Pigs for US and Ready, Set, Dragon for EU

Thanks for the tips. I decided to try my own group and did a 2/2/6 raid group. It took 3 attempts, but we managed to kill him.