Overwatch Experimental Patch Notes - August 6, 2020

Overwatch Experimental Patch Notes - August 6, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Experimental Hero Updates

The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some balance updates focused on shifting away from a barrier-heavy meta. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.

Brigitte

• Base health lowered from 200 to 150

Inspire
    • Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
    • Self-healing is no longer reduced by half

Orisa

• Base armor reduced from 250 to 200

Halt!
    • Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
    • Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30

Pharah

Hover Jets
    • Movement speed increased 20%
    • Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second

Barrage
    • Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Roadhog

Scrap Gun
    General
    • Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
    • Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
    • Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds

Sigma

Experimental Barrier
    • Health reduced from 900 to 700
    • Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second

Kinetic Grasp
    • Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Symmetra

Photon Projector
    Primary Fire
    • Delay before losing charge increased from 2 to 4 seconds

Teleporter
    • Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds

Zenyatta

Orb of Destruction
    Secondary Fire
    • Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
    • Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second

Maybe they can get rid of the “favor the shooter” mechanic they put in since we I just played games where I saw Hanzo shoot at me as Reaper and his arrow connected after I had ducked behind the wall. Or 76 popped his Ult and when watching my double environmental kill PotG as Lucio we watched as I died behind a wall because his visor still tracked me for .5 a second.
    Can we get an Arcade version of that and see how it goes?
    Oh, and don’t misunderstand me, it has worked for me as well as I’ve done wrist flick headshots as Widow and managed a kill just shooting in someone’s general direction.

Does anyone playing the game actually want it to be more like a traditional shooter, or is it just the devs?

I want more health, crowd control, and wacky abilities. If i wanted to shoot at someone and have them instantly die with no strategy involved, I'd play an Activision game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Maybe they can get rid of the “favor the shooter” mechanic they put in since we I just played games where I saw Hanzo shoot at me as Reaper and his arrow connected after I had ducked behind the wall. Or 76 popped his Ult and when watching my double environmental kill PotG as Lucio we watched as I died behind a wall because his visor still tracked me for .5 a second.
    Oh, and don’t misunderstand me, it has worked for me as well as I’ve done wrist flick headshots as Widow and managed a kill just shooting in someone’s general direction.
    It's much worse to be shooting someone full on in the dome only for it not to register because they ducked behind a corner on their side, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Does anyone playing the game actually want it to be more like a traditional shooter, or is it just the devs?

I want more health, crowd control, and wacky abilities. If i wanted to shoot at someone and have them instantly die with no strategy involved, I'd play an Activision game.
    The Overwatch Devs (and professional players) can't seem to decide whether the game should be a FPS, a MOBA, or a hybrid, and seem to frequently balance towards one of those three genres only to jerk towards another genre, creating a fucking mess which they are leaving for a sequel. Not pretty.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pharah buffs are a terrible idea so I can't wait for more frustrating games with that broken p.o.s. character.

Experimental or not, do they just not want people to play Brigitte?
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I really hate the "favor the shooter" mechanic sometimes. I have a screenshot saved somewhere of a Hanzo arrow going completely past me and after it traveled a bit past me it does a 45 degree angle and comes back and hits me in the back of the head. Stuff like that is annoying.....same with hog hooks.