Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    To be fair, I see less people saying other players are "toxic" to each other, except in rare extreme cases.

But it seems like whenever players offer a dissenting opinion about the state of the game, or criticize the developers, you immediately get labeled as "toxic".
    i don't mean to say the OP is "toxic" or whatever, idk as i don't have any idea how he uses chat/voice, but in MANY of these cases, it's people that "greet" others online with "i hope you get cancer" that pretend as if they aren't the problem and taht everyone else "got soft" instead of them being just annoying jerks

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Like what the fuck started this pansy ass movement?
    Your post.

Seriously now, there's no bullshit. Real-life rules are blending into internet rules because the two worlds are more connected, simple as that. Can't talk shit in a public setting, can't do the same in a game.

If that bothers you, submit a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I hope the vacation this thread gives you is worth it. FWIW, it's an interesting topic of discussion.

Gaming is quite a bit different these days. I'm in my mid-30s now but I can remember as recently as MoP that many guild voice comms were full of gamer words and a bunch of stuff that would get you reported to the Twitter police these days. Society has definitely moved in the direction of condemning this behavior and gaming has capitulated (to an extent) but at the same time being an asshole on the internet is hardly a new concept. When people complain about toxicity in today's gaming climate, they're usually referring to post game lobbies and the like. Games like League where one single player can easily ruin the experience of nine others doesn't really help. (And in the case of players like Tyler1, can even garner you an enormous following.) There are some things that I don't particularly care for -- virtue signalling and woke culture in general are kind of annoying -- but we are living in an unprecedented time so it's interesting to see how people in general adapt to changing mentalities and societal norms. Older gamers like myself will have a hearty guffaw over the kind of stuff which newer millenial gamers may complain about but that doesn't mean their sensitivity should be bulldozed simply because we can remember a time when it was much worse.
    Here's another question: other than what I am about to say about the mods of MMO Champion (they're a bunch of incompetent retards, and I waste no opportunity to tell them after each ban), what is it in my thread that would warrant a ban?

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    i don't mean to say the OP is "toxic" or whatever, idk as i don't have any idea how he uses chat/voice, but in MANY of these cases, it's people that "greet" others online with "i hope you get cancer" that pretend as if they aren't the problem and taht everyone else "got soft" instead of them being just annoying jerks
    Personally, I see it as complaining to the teacher. "Teacher, he pulled my hair, punish him". While in many cases (my sister is a schoolteacher, I'm talking by proxy) the "victim" is just as guilty. These oversensitive people have never been told "no" in their lives. Never had to deal with one or more parents dying, divorcing, moving due to poverty, or always blaming their own situation on another and never being challenged to look in the mirror. Obviously, just a few examples, but it comes down to everything being changed by the narrative of one group and F the rest. Worse, not just F 'm, but actually F them UP. They don't just want to have their safe space (and take it from you), they also want to hunt you down after they took your home.

Closing this down. While there is a discussion to be had on the topic, the thread didn't get off to a remotely good start with the OP and discussion hasn't been trending in a productive direction.